Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday's Card at the Copper Box in London Live Streamed Free to U.S. Fight Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Card at the Copper Box in London Live Streamed Free to U.S. Fight Fans

PRESS RELEASE:

SHOWTIME Sportswill live stream two world championship bouts as part of a four-bout card free to the U.S. audience on social media platforms this Saturday, December 9.

Live coverage from Copper Box Arena in London, provided by BoxNation and BT Sport, will begin at approximately 2:45 p.m. ET/11:45 a.m. PT with U.K. sportscasters John Rawling and Richie Woodhall calling all the action.

IBF Super Middleweight World Champion James DeGale (23-1-1, 14 KOs) will headline as he defends his title against former world title challenger Caleb Truax (28-3-2, 18 KOs) in DeGale’s first fight since a thrilling bout with Badou Jack in a 168-pound world championship unification match last January on SHOWTIME.

In the streaming co-feature, IBF Featherweight World Champion Lee Selby (20-1, 9 KOs) will take on undefeated contender Eduardo Ramirez (20-0-3, 7 KOs), while undefeated light heavyweight Anthony Yarde (13-0, 12 KOs) will face former world title challenger Nikola Sjekloca (32-4-1, 11 KOs). The opening fight of the live stream will feature the U.S. introduction to 20-year-old undefeated heavyweight Daniel Dubois (5-0, 5 KOs) as he takes on former Anthony Joshua foe Dorian Darch (12-5-1, 1 KOs).

YOUTUBE LINKS & EMBED CODES

SATURDAY’S FOUR-FIGHT CARD: 2:45 p.m. ET / 11:45 a.m. PT (note: start time is approximate)

YouTube Link:http://s.sho.com/2AgHUVi

I know these maybe are not the most competitive matches on paper but excited to see Showtime get more involved in the streaming of the sport. They had previously showcased George Groves earlier this year and last year broadcast a couple fights on their Facebook page. Streaming is the wave of the future and gives us access to bouts that we previously we unable to view.

As an aside, tons of rumors that should DeGale win a bout with David Benavidez could be on the horizon for the spring of 2018. That would be a huge fight at 168 and is a bout that I'd be very excited to see occur.

Comment

Easy work for "Chunky."

Comment

Don't forget, this stream begins shortly as does a long day of boxing. This is the best day of the year for me, by my guess there is non boxing action for about 12 hours. Kind of takes me back to those days of some marathon Don King cards in the 90's.

Comment

Selby just decisioned Ramirez and the DeGale fight will be starting momentarily.

Not impressed with the performance of Selby. Very underwhelming for a guy he should have easily dominated. Selby have some issues in the middle rounds and got hit with the left consistently. And I just do not see him having the power to compete with the bigger names at 126.

Comment

Wow an absolutely incredible upset in the main event as Caleb Truax shocks everyone beating James DeGale. This is why I watch every fight even when on paper it appears to be a mismatch. You just never know in this sport.

Truax took the fight to DeGale. He stated in the buildup that he was well prepared and had studied lots of film on DeGale. Truax believed there were weaknesses to expose and he could do jus that. And he did, pressuring DeGale throughout the bout while finding a home on a consistent basis for the straight right hand. His gameplan worked to perfection.

I try not to be bias when watching fights but have to admit I was pulling for Truax. For those on social media, Truax is a fighter who regularly interacts with many of us. He is always thoughtful and respectful when discussing the fight game. On several occasions I have interacted with him and always enjoyed our discussions. He is a really good guy and am happy that he pulled off this win.

On a final note, I remember a tweet Truax sent back in June. He stated that he started boxing with the only goal being to pay off his student loan debt. Included in that tweet was a picture of a student loan statement showing a balance remaining of 2 cents with two pennies laying on that statement. Great story and sure now he will be able to put a few bucks in the bank with whatever comes next.

Comment

Working...
            X