Jorge Linares Faces The Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorge Linares Faces The Media

Jorge Linares Faces The Media - WBA world lightweight champion Jorge Linares faced the media for open workouts today in California as he prepares for his latest world title defense. Venezuela's "Golden Boy" is facing England's Luke Campbell in the main event of on HBO Boxing card this Saturday.

Our cameraman Marcelino Castillo caught Linares as he talked to a bevy of media during Wednesday's open workouts. Linares is making his first appearance in the United States in a couple of years and a win is thought to leave him on the path to big money fights in 2018. Check out what Linares had to say right here at TBC.

Also, do not miss TBC's raw footage of ll the activities from Wednesday's media day right here.

Jorge Linares Faces The Media / Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science where the best boxing writers write.

I would love to see Linares, if he beats Campbell, fight Lomachenko after he beats Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by GlovedFist View Post
      I would love to see Linares, if he beats Campbell, fight Lomachenko after he beats Rigondeaux.
      No sure thing Linares beats Campbell. Campbell a very solid fighter and is being judged too much on his one loss. He is a better fighter now and could test Linares. I am expecting a very good competitive fight.

Speaking of tonight's card, rumors are circulating social media that HBO is planning a big announcement. The rumor is that HBO will announce that Daneil Jacobs has signed an exclusive deal with the network. In addition, Jacobs will formally announce signing with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom boxing. Details are sketchy at the moment and no word on whether there is any involvement from Al Haymon.

Signing Jacobs makes a ton of tense for HBO. They need opponents for Golovkin and Canelo. My guess is that we start to see momentum build toward a Canelo-Golovkin rematch in May. Jacobs will fight later this year on HBO (Curtis Stevens?) and then on the undercard in May. The winners then fight later in 2018.

Comment

I had it 115-112 Linares. Campbell learned from the experience and Jorge is on the decline but remains an outstanding fighter and technician.

Comment

Working...
        X