Ramirez vs Hart Headlines ESPN Fights Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramirez vs Hart Headlines ESPN Fights Friday

Ramirez vs Hart Headlines ESPN Fights Friday - Top Rank Boxing is in the desert of Arizona this Friday night with a fight card that sees the two world title main events air on ESPN.

WBO world super middlweight champion Gilberto Ramirez defends his title against unbeaten Jesse Hart. Ramirez has held the belt since April of 2016 when he defeated long-time champion Arthur Abraham and this fight will mark his second title defense. Hart, who fights out of Philadelphia, is getting his first shot at a world title.

WBO world featherweight champion Oscar Valdezis set to make his third title defense against Genesis Servania. Sernia brings an unbeaten record to the table in his first world title shot against the hard-hitting Valdez, who has 19 stoppages in his22 fights.

The rest of the undercard features TOp Rank's Olympic talent as Michael Conlan and Robson Conceicao top the six fight undercard. Check your local listings for start times on ESPN, the current line-up as it stands today is below.

Friday, September 22nd, 2017 - Tucson Convention Center, Tucson, AZ
    (Card Subject To Change):

168 LBS 12 RDS: Gilberto Ramirez (35-0) vs Jesse Hart (22-0)
    126 LBS 12 RDS: Oscar Valdez (22-0) vs Genesis Servania (29-0)
    147 LBS 10 RDS: Egidijus Kavaliauskas (17-0) vs Mahory Montes (33-6-1)
    147 LBS 8 RDS: Leonardo Zappavigna (35-3) vs Fidel Munoz (38-13-1)
    135 LBS 8 RDS: Fazliddin Gajbnazarov (2-0) vs Victor Rosas (9-6)
    130 LBS 8 RDS: Robson Conceicao (4-0) vs Carlos Osorio (13-7-1)
    122 LBS 6 RDS: Michael Conlan (3-0) vs Kenny Guzman (3-0)
    135 lbs 4x2 RDS: Mikaela Mayer (1-0) vs Allison Martinez (1-2)

Ramirez vs Hart Headlines ESPN Fights Friday / Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science, where the best boxing writers write.

WATCH: Parker vs Fury is Saturday in Manchester

Ramirez-Hart is a sneaky good fight. Evenly matched and both have tons of questions based off recent performances. Someone is going to step up, just not sure who.

And my favorite prospect in the sport is returning in Egidijus Kavaliauskas. I thinks this guy could be something special. The raw power and skills are something that just don't come along often. He is taking a step up tonight in Montes who is not a bad fighter himself. I am very interested to see how Kavaliauskas performs. Don't forget, the undercards do get streamed on ESPN 3 (I believe starting at 7:30) and no doubt I will be tuning in to see how Kavaliauskas performs.

Comment

I saw Jesse Hart's father (Eugene "Cyclone" Hart) fight Marvin Hagler and Bennie Briscoe live....

Comment

The undercard stream on ESPN3 has begun. Don't forget to tune in prior to the main card. Kavaliauskas is due up later, for my money he is boxing's best prospect. He is taking a big step up, don't miss this one before the main show.

Comment

Well Kavaliauskas is a work in progress. Showed a lot of impressive things, including a telephone pole like jab that he was consistently landing on a taller fighter. It was throw with precision timing kind of like the jab Golovkin used against Lemiuex. And showed that raw power to bust up the face of Montes that led to the fight getting stopped. But there are some things to tighten up. Kavaliauskas likes to open up in combination throwing big power shots but those punches tend to get wider and wider the more he throws. He got countered in between a few times and got clipped pretty good with some right hands in those moments. Also, needs to work the body more. I did not see many body shots. That could have been because the face of Montes got busted up so early and Kavaliauskas wanted to focus his work upstairs. However, needs to mix in some body shots. Good win, good step up and we will be seeing much more of the Mean Machine.

Comment

ESPN can't keep stepping all over their boxing with othere sports...put the game on ESPN news!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by GlovedFist; 09-23-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Ramirez wins unanimous decision (115-112, 115-112 & 114-113) over Hart to retain the WBO Super Middleweight title....I had it 115-112 Ramirez. It was a terrific action packed fight with Hart going down in the second and barely beat the count....then rallying back to close the gap and hurting Ramirez in the 11th round.

Comment

These fights started too late...most of country gonna miss main event.

Comment

Valdez fight started at 12:28 EDT.

Comment

Originally posted by GlovedFist View Post
                    Ramirez wins unanimous decision (115-112, 115-112 & 114-113) over Hart to retain the WBO Super Middleweight title....I had it 115-112 Ramirez. It was a terrific action packed fight with Hart going down in the second and barely beat the count....then rallying back to close the gap and hurting Ramirez in the 11th round.
                    Same score, great professional fight. Hart showed a lot of courage. It is the kind of fight that though Hart lost he will learn much more from than his previous 22 fights combined. He will be back and much better from this fight. Ramirez looked good, beat a solid guy and much like Hart will also pick up a lot from this experience.

I think this is one of those fights where both fighters stocks rise after and both turn out better because of the experience (it is also why we should see more these type of evenly matched contests). We could even see a rematch one day, I can see both holding belts at some point and talk turn to a rematch. Not right away but maybe in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by oubobcat View Post

Same score, great professional fight. Hart showed a lot of courage. It is the kind of fight that though Hart lost he will learn much more from than his previous 22 fights combined. He will be back and much better from this fight. Ramirez looked good, beat a solid guy and much like Hart will also pick up a lot from this experience.

I think this is one of those fights where both fighters stocks rise after and both turn out better because of the experience (it is also why we should see more these type of evenly matched contests). We could even see a rematch one day, I can see both holding belts at some point and talk turn to a rematch. Not right away but maybe in a few years.
                      I agree, both Ramirez and Hart are the better for that fight. Hart showed incredible toughness and determination. He has room to grow. Might have to change trainers?

Comment

Originally posted by GlovedFist View Post

I agree, both Ramirez and Hart are the better for that fight. Hart showed incredible toughness and determination. He has room to grow. Might have to change trainers?
                        Yeah Hart should strongly consider a change of trainers. Still makes a ton of defensive mistakes. John David Jackson would be a great pairing. There is plenty of talent there, change of direction in camp is a wise idea at this point.

Comment

I could see him connecting with, Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                          X