Joshua vs Pulev - First Look With Frank Lotierzo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua vs Pulev - First Look With Frank Lotierzo

Joshua vs Pulev - First Look With Frank Lotierzo - IBF and WBA world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is set to make his next title defense on October 28th when he faces Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev in Cardiff, Wales.

Joshua is coming off his April showdown with longtime champion Wladimir Klitschko that saw him dispatch the 40 year old in the 11th round. Since then, the heavyweight division and indeed the world have waited for Joshua's next move. Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn were in talks with Klitschko for a lucrative rematch, but that fell by the wayside when Klitschko announced his retirement in late July.

In steps Pulev (25-1). The lone loss of his career came at the hands of Klitschko back in November of 2014 and he has gone 5-0 since without taking too many risks. He won a vacant European title with a split decision win over Dereck Chisora in May of 2016 and he is coming off an April victory over veteran Kevin Johnson.

In this latest TBC segment we are joined by our TBC analyst Frank Lotierzo to talk about the recently announced Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev world title fight.

Joshua vs Pulev - First Look With Frank Lotierzo / Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science, where the best boxing writers write.

Joshua has too much athleticism and too many tools for Pulev to overcome. The fight won't go the distance and I expect AJ to look impressive as he should against a fighter like Pulev. Pulev is very limited and other than being strong - doesn't have the means to upset Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by GlovedFist View Post
      Joshua has too much athleticism and too many tools for Pulev to overcome. The fight won't go the distance and I expect AJ to look impressive as he should against a fighter like Pulev. Pulev is very limited and other than being strong - doesn't have the means to upset Joshua.
      Slaughter! Blowout.

Comment

Other than Ortiz....who wouldn't Joshua slaughter in the division???????????

Comment

Other than Ortiz....who wouldn't Joshua slaughter in the division???????????
          Dammed if I know. And if he waits a bit, he might catch Ortiz at age 48

Comment

I would have liked to see Pulev vs Dominic Breazeale first, or something where we see him against a non-Euro fighter first. Im glad Pulev got the shot but they waited, Joshua is now a 2 fights a year kind of star.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Blast View Post

Dammed if I know. And if he waits a bit, he might catch Ortiz at age 48
              You guys are way too HIGH on Ortiz. Povetkin is the best heavy out there if he could just stay off the juicy juice.

Comment

Originally posted by miguel1 View Post

You guys are way too HIGH on Ortiz. Povetkin is the best heavy out there if he could just stay off the juicy juice.
                I won't argue that Miguel. After I posted, I said to myself "what about Pov?" I don't think he beats AJ, but I do think he could give Ortiz all the Cuban could handle. Pov is a boxer/puncher with great credentials.

Comment

Im telling you this is the next guy after Money May. He is already cashing in the Euros which is better than the dollars nowadays..... Why you think Money took Tank to ENgland to check out the flow of the cash. Pulev looks like a farmer guy to me, he should be plowing a field or some such nonsense.

Comment

WIth the big payday in Pulev's hands, this will force Ortiz, Wilder and anyone else sitting around waiting for a shot to fight. If you look at it Pulev did up his opponent level in the last couple of fights, he is credible but it wont sell in the USA. HEarn will put this on free Showtime is my bet.

Comment

I would love to see Ortiz fight Povetkin. I'd take Ortiz to win but would love to see it.

Comment

I would love to see Ortiz fight Povetkin. I'd take Ortiz to win but would love to see it.
                        Povetkin looked terrible his last time out and appears to be on the down side. Still, with both having PED issues (and who knows still with Povetkin) and Ortiz needing a name to his resume I'm not against it.

As for Joshua-Pulev, its just tough to see Pulev looking much different than he did in the Klitschko fight other than getting ko'd sooner. Pulev's style plays right into Joshua's hands. If I were setting odds, I'd have the over/under at 2 rounds.

Comment

Yes, neither have looked stellar in their last fights....but I think Ortiz was sand bagging.

Comment

Thing is, Pulev has the best looking wife of the bunch. Even more stylish than Briggs's . That has to count fore something.

Comment

Ortiz was taking it easy in his last few outings and that shows me he doesnt get it. The way his career is going he should sign to fight Wilder for coupons at KFC.

Comment

Working...
                              X