Bryant Jennings "I Got A Whole Lot Left in the Tank"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant Jennings "I Got A Whole Lot Left in the Tank"

Bryant Jennings "I Got A Whole Lot Left in the Tank" - Former heavyweight contender Bryant Jennings (19-2) returns to action this Saturday on the undercard of Terence Crawford's title unification bout against Julius Indongo. Jennings took all of 2016 off after a December of 2015 loss to Cuba's Luis Ortiz gave him two losses in a row. Prior to that he lost his April of 2015 bout with Wladimir Klitschko for multiple world titles.

Jennings feels that the time off has served him well and he is looking to return and make an impact in the wide-open heavyweight division.

Check out more details on Saturday's Top Rank card right here.

Bryant Jennings "I Got A Whole Lot Left in the Tank"

In this latest TBC segment our camera operator Marcelino Castillo caught up with Jennings the Wednesday before the fight.

Bryant Jennings "I Got A Whole Lot Left in the Tank" / Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science, where the best boxing writers write.

Jennings is an easy guy to root for. But I can't see him ever beating the upper-tier guys at heavy. Then again there aren't that many.

Comment

If he could get back to how he fought against Wlad, he could still be a force. He needs a few confidence builders and then go after the top tier. I like him.

Comment

I think he's a tweener.....and that's problem. He's not outstanding at anything one thing.

Comment

He's preserved. Like Smuckers.

Comment

LOL yeah he did get hung up on the word preserved. He is better than Washington but is going to have the same problem, he can be bullied by the bigger heavies unless he develops a mean streak.

Comment

Originally posted by GlovedFist View Post
              Jennings is an easy guy to root for. But I can't see him ever beating the upper-tier guys at heavy. Then again there aren't that many.
              Super nice guy, got to talk with him in Verona before Ortiz fight.

But yeah agree with you. Can't see him competing with say Joshua and lost to Klitschko though out performed expectations. A fight with say Parker is doable for Jennings, but the upper echelon is not. Can see him being the first opponent for Usyk when he moves to heavyweight...

Comment

Not knownn for his KO power. he got a stop in a spot where he needed one. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by miguel1 View Post
                  Not knownn for his KO power. he got a stop in a spot where he needed one. Good for him.
                  Top Rank is going to be careful how they move him. Probably one more fight, against a little better foe and then onto Joseph Parker (Top Rank does not have a ton of other options for Parker). Arum figures the winner of that would then be well positioned to make some money against either Joshua or Wilder.

Comment

Marcelinooooooo

Comment

Did he get you in Kid?

Comment

Originally posted by miguel1 View Post
                        Did he get you in Kid?
                        Yes he did, thanks for that help

Comment

Working...
                        X