Announcement

Collapse

Welcome

WELCOME TO THE REVAMPED FIGHT FORUM 2.0

You can access all the history of the old FIGHT FORUM right here.
See more
See less

Michael Spinks Speaks On the Eve of Induction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Spinks Speaks On the Eve of Induction

Michael Spinks Speaks On the Eve of Induction - This weekend sees the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame hosting their annual induction ceremonies at Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas.

Spinks is being inducted with his brother Leon as the pair are part of the most decorated family in boxing. Leon won an Olympic Gold Medal in 1976 and he went on to defeat Muhammad Ali to win the world heavyweight title. Michael Spiks won a 1976 Gold Medal in the middleweight division and he also went on to be a heavyweight world champion during his career.

Michael Spinks Speaks On the Eve of Induction

In this most recent TBC segment our camera man Marcelino Castillo caught up with Michael Spinks to talk about this year's honorary induction.

Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science, where the best boxing writers write.

Michael Spinks had a great career!

He was a complete fighter who could box, attack, counter and defend. He had KO power in his right-hand, left-hook and uppercut from either side. He cleaned out the 175 pound division. Half of his career bouts had a title on the line. He was the first defending LH champ to beat the HW champ who was oh by the way 48-0. His only defeat came in his last fight against a fighter who was in his prime and a future heavyweight great the night they fought.

Comment

All true Frank, but he did not live in Nevada. I am befuddled why this Hall is bringing in the best of the best. In so doing, it is trying to compete with the World Boxing Hall and maybe even the IBHOF. Too much of a good thing diminishes everything. Just a point of view but a strong one..

Comment

One of the greatest experiences of my life was two years ago at the golf outing in Canastota. I was sitting with my father in law having another beer and waiting for the crowd to clear when over walked Michael Spinks to our table. He asked if he could sit with us. And for 45 minutes, I spent talking with him (took a little at first to get him comfortable around me and then he started opening up) about his career and actually some of the less famous fights. It was an absolute thrill and an experience I'll never forger. Great guy.

Comment

Ted, I get ya..........but I couldn't care less about what HOF did what or anything like that. Fights and Fighters are what interest me. Michael Spinks is one of the greats that's what I know. And if he were around today he'd beat Ward and Kovalev on the same night one after the other.

Comment

Originally posted by GlovedFist View Post
            Ted, I get ya..........but I couldn't care less about what HOF did what or anything like that. Fights and Fighters are what interest me. Michael Spinks is one of the greats that's what I know. And if he were around today he'd beat Ward and Kovalev on the same night one after the other.
            I get that and I agree with it.

Comment

Working...
            X