English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Guerrero humbles Mayweather

Guerrero humbles Mayweather

It can truly be said that Guerrero did in fact humble the Mighty and Powerful Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Not during the fight but during the Pre and Post fight hype.
    Guererro drew attention to his God and to Mayweather's moral short-comings frequently.
    Mayweather always seems to know how to treat his opponents before a fight.
    In the case of Guerrero....Money May decided to remove himself and his team from the stressful and emotion prefight war of words by standing down and withdrawing himself (along with his dad) from the conflict and showing us a more humble and introspective side.

After the fight Mayweather drew rounds of applause from a huge gallery of reporters by speaking words of healing and encouragement to Robert, his dad, and the City of Gilroy Texas.

Mayweather also took time to compliment the excellence of Guerrero's dad as a trainer and hypeman. .....and chose his words carefully during the interview to always put Guerrero in the most favorable light regardless of how coarse and callus the questions were.
    You could actually see Gurreros and his fathers' hurt pride begin to mend right there sitting at the conference table.

When Mayweather was asked to compare himself with former Greats like Ray Robinson, Leonard, Hearns and Duran .....Flod usually says he is better than them all.
    This time Floyd said those icons paved the way for his success and he would never compare himself to those guys.. Rather he said he tips his hat to their greatness.

Floyd allowed Guerrero to exalt himself during the prefight hype phase and humbled himself as he focused on his new trainers instructions which enabled Floyd to humble Guerrero in the ring.
    It was a fascinating look at Floyds' technical skills against against another Champion whom I believe would have more than a chance at beating the rest of the best...
    Including :
    Marquez
    Abrego
    Brooks
    Bradley
    Paq
    Alexander
    Thurman
    Despite the loss last night I believe the ghost will be back after dominating the rest of the field.

Re: Guerrero humbles Mayweather

Floyd did take the high road after the fight which was good to see

But he talked **** before like usual.

However the ghost told him u touch me at the weigh in and "I'm going".

Floyd knew better, not out of fear, but out of knowing the ghost would get down.

We all watch the same thing yet so many different perceptions. Fascinating. Personally, I think the transition over to Showtime....getting a few extra slices of the revenue pie..having more control of things like the All Access show... Bein king of the boxing hill.... All those combined things ...... That's where the signs of humble and maturity are likely the results of. I mean, let's keep it in full perspective ....Guerrero wasn't even competitive. He got schooled and dominated...this after he talked nonstop about how he'd beat Floyd. Yea, I think its him who was truly humbled by the king of the hill.

Neither do I see Guerrero dominating in the future . I'd love to see him fight guys like Garcia, Joseito, Ortiz, etc. All those fights being toss up's. Hell, call me loco, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Berto beat Guerrero in a rematch. Bring back Berto...leave the cheap knockoff shoulder roll style out of the equation ...and yea.... That fight too would be a toss up in my opinion . Guerrero ain't dominating force , no matter if God has his back or not. Solid but nothing overly great....

I think the best thing Floyd did, which showed the most maturity, was bringing his dad back.

Life is short. Floyd made the right decision to end with his dad.

I lost my dad almost a month ago now and I am lucky to have no regrets as my dad and I

were very close , spent a lot of time together and got a long great.

Wonder if Floyd didn't squash his beef with his dad and something happened to him?

That would be awful for anyone to live with.

Southpaul I think Floyd is just so good that he makes great fighters look average or bad.

The ghost is a complete fighter but Floyd had such an edge in agility that the ghost

was 2 steps behind at all times.

The ghost beats Berto again easier this time.

Ortiz vs ghost is a good matchup.

Besides Canelo or SM I see no intrigue.

Floyd should fight Canelo next, whoop him then step up to 160

and take a belt.

It's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I think the best thing Floyd did, which showed the most maturity, was bringing his dad back.

Life is short. Floyd made the right decision to end with his dad.

I lost my dad almost a month ago now and I am lucky to have no regrets as my dad and I

were very close , spent a lot of time together and got a long great.

Wonder if Floyd didn't squash his beef with his dad and something happened to him?

That would be awful for anyone to live with.
    Authentic post I couldn't agree more I lost my dad in 99 and I would have felt like sh!t if he had died and we were not on good terms.

amasyeng

I agree, that's the aggravation and frustration ...he's so good...he makes the rest look below average. I don't think overly or underly about Guerrero. He's solid. That said, put him in against Josesito right now... I can see him getting lit up like Fourth Of July. I can also see him winning . What I don't see him doing? Being a long term dominating figure in any one division. I have a gut feeling too.. Think we might see Canelo take him on before the MAyweather bout. A competition if you will...bragging rights to say ....you dominated 12 rounds but I ko'ed 'em 8 or less. Nice words about the fathers. One way or another , yea, good for them and their reuniting . I'll need to watch reply ..to listen to the corner intersection. Sound was lousy at the sports bar, which is tuff for a commentary whore..
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 05-06-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    Authentic post I couldn't agree more I lost my dad in 99 and I would have felt like sh!t if he had died and we were not on good terms.
    I feel your pain Ali. I'm sorry to hear u lost yours as well.

Although I feel I am missing so much with my dad passing at 62,

I am sooo thankful that he and I were like best friends the last 10 years.

Ill miss golfing, shooting pool and building stuff with him

but am so thankful we were on great terms.

I don't know how anyone can live right if they weren't.