English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather DOMINATES Guerrero, Wins UD12

Re: Mayweather DOMINATES Guerrero, Wins UD12

Amayseng he's 36 and he's never been a high volume fighter he's been undefeated for 17yrs doing it this way why change something now.

Advanced Users

Money May's 36 years are not OLD. Now you cannot compare him to the Sugarmen's 36. Nor can you compare Doc Wladimir K's being 37 years old to GOATAli, Brownbomber Joe Louis or any of the fighers of long yesteryears. The health endurance of athletes and the average Joe -- period -- has changed. Forty-year old is getting up there now, not 36.

As I've said in another post, even the Olympic Games have changed age requirements because aging of human has CHANGED! No longer is 36 years old aged anymore. It is now over 40, according to the O Games. And you people may as well get with it. In 2016, Money May may just go and win that gold medal that evaded him in 1996.

Catch up, people! When my Tio Mamoy was born in 1903, life expectancy for a man was 45 years. Old Unc is still kicking and raising sand at 110 years old. Life expectancy now is 78 years. So it is time for fanboys and fanfaronades to realize that the expectancy for an athlete prime performance has also gone up. During the ancient Roman day, any athlete was an old man already at 19 years old.

Almost 60 years ago, the "Old Mongoose" won the light heavyweight title at 39 years old. B-Hop recently won it at 48 years old -- three year passed life expectancy of a man at the start of the 20th Century. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Because I am greedy Ali and not only do I expect a bit more from Floyd

but I want more.

Do u not want to see him throwing fantastic combinations

or running for 45 seconds of the beginning of round 10?

Ali and amayseng, both have valid points. As Floyd has gotten older he's been less aggressive, however Floyd easily had the ability to tee off on Guerrero a little more that night. Money made it look too easy, I'd give him more problems. It's no knock on Guerrero but his plan of attack was awful, Floyd's footwork was excellent, I don't see pacquiao having that much success with him either

Radam

Excellent post, great point made about the age expectancy .

Advanced Users

Thank-you, SouthPaul! I appreciate da kudo. I'm practicing on my Pinoy Judo. Hehehe! Holla!