English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather DOMINATES Guerrero, Wins UD12

Mayweather DOMINATES Guerrero, Wins UD12

Nope, he didn't lose anything, from a layoff, or jail, or harsh press or taunts from his foe's dad; Floyd Mayweather looked every bit the best pugilist on the planet against Robert Guerrero in the main event at the MGM in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
    The judges scored 117-111, 117-111, 117-111 for Floyd, whose best asset on this night might have been his legs, which looked peppy as heck. Not that his hand speed has slipped; his jab, his lead rights, everything was on target. He landed 60% of his power shots, an incredible stat.
    After, Floyd said being back with his dad helped his defense. He hurt his right hand, he said to Jim Gray. He said he felt no rust from the layoff. "I feel bad I didn't give fans the knockout, I was looking for it," he said. Midway through the fight, he said, he felt the pain. Was he ever concerned? No; he was pressing the attack, he said, but good sparring helped him. He said Showtime is a positive network, and is happy to be working with them. Asked if he was a changed man, he said being locked up is no fun, but he is ready to party. Is Canelo next? He isn't sure, he will rest and decide. He ended up with props to Ghost.
    Guerrero said to Gray that Floyd is the best for a reason. He praised God, and said, "Praise Jesus" loudly. "He was barely slipping by the punches," Ghost said. Floyd was a little better than he thought he'd be, he admitted. Ghost said he had no regrets with the direction of the promotion. He'd like another shot at Floyd before he retires, he said. There will be no one pushing for that, sir.
    The 36-year-old Mayweather (43-0 entering; from Grand Rapids, Michigan, lives in Las Vegas) was 146 pounds, while the 30-year-old Guerrero (31-1-1 entering; from Gilroy, CA) was 147 pounds on Friday.
    We wondered going in if the WBC welter champion Floyd would get old overnight, if a yearlong layoff would make him rusty, if jail and a solo cell drained him mentally. He came to the ring with L'il Wayne, who rapped a song.
    We pondered whether the interim welter champ Guerrero could be strong enough to hang with Floyd at 147, if the bigfight atmosphere had drained him, if the gun charge hung over his head, if his faith would propel him to fight over his head. He came to the ring in a "God is Great" t-shirt.
    Duane Ford, Julie Lederman and Jerry Roth were the judges.
    In the first, lead rights landed for Floyd. Ghost was aggressive, and he looked to counter quickly.
    After the round, Floyd Jr. heard from trainer Floyd Sr.
    In the second, a left clipped Floyd. The two clinched in the first and second, felt each others' strength. Floyd made Ghost miss badly a few times. Ghost was being measured and patient.
    In the third, Floyd moved a lot. His legs looked fresh and the right kept working.
    In the the fourth, a left hit Floyd but he countered and the crowd loved it. The lead right popped Floyd, as he moved a bunch, picked his spots and used his hand speed edge.
    In the fifth, we saw Floyd keep using a conventional stance not bothering to do that shoulder roll defense. The right was so on target in the sixth. Floyd moved to his right, set, popped, and moved.
    In the seventh, Floyd moved less and threw less. He took a round off but still might have won it. Blood formed on Ghost's face and he landed few jabs in round eight but Floyd threw harder in this round. In the ninth, we saw low blows from Floyd and Robert throwing rabbit punches. Floyd landed jab or lead rights, whatever he wanted, in the tenth,
    In the 11th, Floyd stayed smart. He moved, jabbed to keep Ghost at bay, threw a nasty left hook late, slid out of harm's way..he did it all.
    In the 12th, they embraced to start the last round. Ghost forged ahead, wanted to land a home run left but Floyd's D wouldn't allow it. We went to the cards.

Advanced Users

Re: Mayweather DOMINATES Guerrero, Wins UD12

Never was it a doubt in my mind that Money May would be able to kick da humbug Crying-out-to-Jesus Cali Ghost's arse. But it didn't stop the Cali Ghost Dad Ruben from talking nonsense after the fight ended. Oh, WELL! Whatever! It must be bytch poser-in-denial thing. The Holy Jesus's Truth, they will never sing. Holla!

I caught the fight at the fifth rd. because work took too long but from what I saw I'd like to see Floyd bend his knees more and commit to his shots as well as work of his jab from time to time and run his combinations when his opponents are in close. I understand it's been a year layoff so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I'd like to see two fisted combination punching and working off the jab as well as the check hook. Good win and congratz. On to the next one. Dueces

Real talk that would require Floyd to stay in the pocket and be in harms way.

He fires and bails ASAP.

There's a reason why he doesn't knock guys out.

He won't sit down on his punches he's too focused on getting out of harms way.

As long as he has the legs to do it all the power to him.

But it is a bit boring and be will be losing ppv buys.

Especially for 70$.

Advanced Users

No, no ,no, no, NOPE, amayseng. Suckas are born every minute, and can be conned outta their hard-earned moolah in a New York second and/or a Buckeyed pitch. The next chump stepping up to fight Money May will also be forced fed to fools and know nothings as Money May's hardest test since Big Money O. And, in th end, Money May would whup arse and rain hundred-dollar bills at the cameras and BMO and GBP would be already working the angle for the-coming-2014 muthasuckas. Hehehe!

Eyeballing fight fools and fanfaronades never learn. And for make-believe, they rather yearn. Money May and the media powers that be are going to keep robbing those in chains for May Money and the Media money-making trains. Holla!

Amayseng if the fight was boring it wasn't because of Floyd come on fam be fair. I expect casual fans to say the fight was boring but not a hardcore fan,like,yourself. SMDH! U should be able to enjoy the sweet science brah cuz it was on full display last night Mayweather performance was masterful.

No ali I did enjoy it to an extent.

But Floyd is capable of so much more.

I'm disappointed like a child at Christmas asking for a Super Nintendo and instead I got an Atari.

The sweet science is an art and Floyd had the ability and opportunity

to paint us a beautiful picture, with vibrant colors from a deep palate.

However he scetched us a quick and accurate depiction with a pencil.

Where were the left hook right hook and left uppercut combinations he used against

cotto in the pocket?

Where was the Philly shell on the ropes rolling punches

and coming back with razor rights and left hooks to the body?

This is one of the things that pisses me off about boxing fans no matter what a fighters does it's never enough. Canleo steps up and fights the best guy available in Trout and all I here for the most part is negative sh!t about Canleo. They said he had D so what he do put on a marvelous defensivedisplay and still he gets no credit give the man his props. Same thing with Mayweather he's been doing this sh!t for 17 yrs he's 36yrs old and still whooping on these young lions just like B-Hop. Even though Mayweather does some punk sh!t outside the ring I can't say anything negative about him inside the ring.
    Last edited by ali; 05-05-2013 at 10:55 PM.

I gave Canelo props for beating a very good Trout.

And I give Floyd props as well but he's the #1 lb4lb guy and on

a whole other level from everyone so

expectations are higher than the norm.

Maybe Floyd respected the ghost and decided to coast

to a decision instead of damaging him for the long term.

Or maybe he saw a clear victory and decided to coast to the victory

without being in harms way.

Just checked the shobox stats

Floyd averaged 39 thrown punches per round against the ghost.

How am I in the wrong Ali to ask for a little more?