English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 348

Thread: GGG a straight killer.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    Amayseng GGG can't beat Edwin Rodriguez either at 168 I will but $on that.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,568

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    The Edwin that was on the same card ?

    From what I saw yesterday I'd say ill take that bet.

  3. #13
    Advanced Users brownsugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    4,388

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    B-sug im still not impressed. Do u think he's better then SOG?
    Well you have to appreciate the fact that GGG can't get top names to fight him because GGG IS THE SAME GUY THEY ALL FEARED MEETING IN THE AMATEURS. GGG went 345-5 in the amateurs beating top talent like Bute, Korobov, Dirrell, and Pirog.

    When GGG was based in Germany he was ducked by Arthur Abraham, Sturms, and Pirog.
    When he came to the U.S. he couldn't get Quillen, Martinez, Chavez Jr or any other respectable middle weights to return his calls.

    The best thing about GGG is that he doesn't have to sit around waiting for HBO or SHOWTIME dates because with K2 Promotions he can fight any where in the world.

    You haven't seen it yet but GGG can dance on his toes like SRL if he wants to.
    The way he crouches twists and creeps forward on perfect balance is like fighting a nebulous cloud of smoke with a couple of bricks hidden inside.

    And....Yes..... If GGG meets Ward in the ring.... Ward will lose.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    B-sug my Booker T voice u did not say what I think u said did u. You bring up GGG record in the amateurs well Ward hasn't lost since he was 12 so they cancel each other out in that department. But in,the pros Ward has been beating B+ A-fighters for tha last 3yrs, GGG has been fighting B- C+guys. Ward would beat GGG with ease I really doubt he would lose a round to this guy much less the fight.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    297

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    I'm not convinced Ward would win, but anyway it ends: this would be the defining fight between the true top dogs in the business...as close as we can come to the welter- and middleweight fiestas of the 80's.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    The way he crouches twists and creeps forward on perfect balance is like fighting a nebulous cloud of smoke with a couple of bricks hidden inside.
    That's pure poetry, bro! ;-) Hope it makes comment of the year!!!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    Whoooooaaaa! Triple G has already ascended to all time great status? Slow down!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    1,473

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaul View Post
    Whoooooaaaa! Triple G has already ascended to all time great status? Slow down!
    Im with u who has he beat to be held in such high reguard? But im pretty sure if GGG vs Ward happens people will say Ward was too big for him watch.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,568

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    You can't hold ggg resume against him.

    This isn't broner. He isn't cherry picking.

    He's a destroyer and no one wants any.

    I would favor ward in a match at 168 but let's be honest

    I called ward boxing Frochs one dimensional ears off.

    He destroyed a drained Dawson.

    I'm a huge ward supporter , I have him p4p #1 but he hasn't

    exactly had elite competition either.

    I would put ggg #2 p4p. For the eyeball test alone. Not resume.


    Most have Floyd #1 p4p but his resume is weak the last

    5-7 years

  10. #20

    Re: GGG a straight killer.

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Well you have to appreciate the fact that GGG can't get top names to fight him because GGG IS THE SAME GUY THEY ALL FEARED MEETING IN THE AMATEURS. GGG went 345-5 in the amateurs beating top talent like Bute, Korobov, Dirrell, and Pirog.

    When GGG was based in Germany he was ducked by Arthur Abraham, Sturms, and Pirog.
    When he came to the U.S. he couldn't get Quillen, Martinez, Chavez Jr or any other respectable middle weights to return his calls.

    The best thing about GGG is that he doesn't have to sit around waiting for HBO or SHOWTIME dates because with K2 Promotions he can fight any where in the world.

    You haven't seen it yet but GGG can dance on his toes like SRL if he wants to.
    The way he crouches twists and creeps forward on perfect balance is like fighting a nebulous cloud of smoke with a couple of bricks hidden inside.

    And....Yes..... If GGG meets Ward in the ring.... Ward will lose.


    Dude, I want some of what you're smoking. Ward, IMHO, would embarrass, wreck and destroy GGG right now.

    There is a reason GGG is not avoiding guys with slick complete styles that have power.

    Everything else you said I have no issue with.

    Cheers.

    SC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •