English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace, Omar Henry

Rest in Peace, Omar Henry

It stung the boxing community when old sage Angelo Dundee died. But we knew he had lived as full a life as could be lived, and left behind no regrets. It hurt in a different way when Emanuel Steward left us, because who really knew that he was in his late 60s, and he was so full of life and that trademark good humor right before he deteriorated. The pain the boxing world feels is today of a different variety, because today Omar Henry, just 25 years old, left us.
    The Chicago-born boxer's record forever stays undefeated, at 12-0, with 10 knockouts. But he couldn't fight off cancer, which invaded his body hard and fast, and removed him from his family and friends on February 1st, two months after he was diagnosed.
    A four-time Texas Golden Gloves champ, he turned pro in 2008, and Henry hooked on with Top Rank, and then with Don King. Of Puerto Rican descent, Henry tried to fight like Miguel Cotto and in fact got work as a sparring partner with Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather and Antonio Margarito. Fighting out of Oakland, CA, his future was promising, and he looked forward to meeting 20-0 Juan Cabrera on Nov. 16...until he received shocking news--that he had cancer of the pancreas. He was informed mid November.
    Right away, he shared his news and his fears annd his strength with his followers and fans. "I thank God for everything he has blessed me with so far in my life, it's been a fun ride," he Tweeted on Nov. 14. "I wish for many more if it's my destiny."
    He had surgeries to get at the mass, and then started chemotherapy on Dec. 28, but the cancer was too aggressive.
    How is this for poignant? On January 9, Henry Tweeted: "I got exactly less than 1 month left until my 26th birthday February 8. Hopefully I live to see it."
    I'm guessing many fight fans will be hugging their kids a little harder, giving their moms and dads a call on the phone, and appreciating what they have today.
    Rest in peace, Omar, and TSS sends condolences to all of his family and friends during this trying time.

Advanced Users

Re: Rest in Peace, Omar Henry

Very, nice piece.

May Omar be happy and get the best of the best in whatever is in the life after this uncertain, never-know-when-you-are-exiting one. The deepest condolences to his family and loves one. Until then, CHAMP! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 02-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.

deepwater

RIP. f cancer. and f chemo for that matter also. each person must make a decision for treatment. chemo causes more cancer alot of the times. life is very precious. always choose life in evry decision. on the bright side science proves life after death

Pancreatic cancer is the worst most untreatable cancer out there

Only symptoms occur for diagnosis once it's too late.

25. Wow.

Speechless for this young mans family.
    Rip Omar.

All bad, man that cancer works fast RIP Omar

That's a damn shame.

Tragic is the only word to describe the loss of Omar Henry...RIP.
    NEVER even heard of pancreatic cancer.... thanks for the education Amayseng.
    In the 1940's the FDA actually ran some herbal healers out of business... simple country folk who were curing cancer patients with plant medicine.. there are some awesome story's about it on YouTube. I've seen many people die from the disease. Some of them live longer (depending on the type of cancer) by keeping their money and refusing the endless operations and chemo by spending it for a vacation and having a good time with the limited days they have left...although that's strickly a personal choice.
    Children's hospital, one of the top hospitals in the world ( also located in Ohio) is doing some amazing things with cancer treatment...but it's still a mixed bag and a very misunderstood disease.

dosent matter how good of shape you are in ... everyone is at risk RIP Omar... love to the family

Advanced Users

Ditto B-Sug! In the U.S.A, medicine is the bully KING and it doesn't work half the time! Matter of fact, it causes major HARM more time than less! You are 100-percent super correct about many people kicking da BIG C -- especially pancreatic -- with herbs, plants and flowers.

I have relatives -- Chinese, Aeta and Malayans -- practicing in the homeopathic field in the U.S.A, Mexico, Jamaica and Cuba. And it is no secret that they cured Louis Farrakhan, Fidel Castro and ton of other Americans and leaders of pancreatic cancer that I'm not at liberty to name yet. They also cured a ton of movie stars and athletes too. [And for the record -- FINALLY -- Yank doctors are integrating the ancient homeopathic ways into this so-called modern medicine, which is actually modern quackery in a lot of cases. More people died in the U.S.A. by doctors, than by guns and auto wrecks combined.]

Those cancer cures of Farrakhan, Castro and the others came from the old school homeopathic Mother Earth curing ways of herbs, flowers and other types of plants from the land and sea. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Ditto B-Sug! In the U.S.A, medicine is the bully KING and it doesn't work half the time! Matter of fact, it causes major HARM more time than less! You are 100-percent super correct about many people kicking da BIG C -- especially pancreatic -- with herbs, plants and flowers.

I have relatives -- Chinese, Aeta and Malayans -- practicing in the homeopathic field in the U.S.A, Mexico, Jamaica and Cuba. And it is no secret that they cured Louis Farrakhan, Fidel Castro and ton of other Americans and leaders of pancreatic cancer that I'm not at liberty to name yet. They also cured a ton of movie stars and athletes too. [And for the record -- FINALLY -- Yank doctors are integrating the ancient homeopathic ways into this so-called modern medicine, which is actually modern quackery in a lot of cases. More people died in the U.S.A. by doctors, than by guns and auto wrecks combined.]

Those cancer cures of Farrakhan, Castro and the others came from the old school homeopathic Mother Earth curing ways of herbs, flowers and other types of plants from the land and sea. Holla!
    I hear that stuff can cure AIDS too.