English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kelly Pavlik Says He's Retiring

Administrator

Re: Kelly Pavlik Says He's Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Pavlik has been fighting about as often as Mayweather. He clearly hasn't shown the desire or confidence to continue campaigning in the brutally sweet science.

first the Bute fight fell though and now Ward...... I wonder if he's made any investments? Hopefully he should have enough to live a middle - class lifestyle for the next 20 years if he hasn't blown his saving.

There are probably some much deeper personal issues that I personally can't speculate about. If he's going to retire and pass up a nice paycheck for the Ward fight I'm sure he has his reasons.
    Great post as usual.

@amayseng. They're all built a little different, just like in the real world. Some however, are a little more different than others.

I give it a year or less. He'll be back in the ring before too long. With all of his outside the ring issues, he'll probably need money. Hell, Mosley's retirement didn't last six months. I hope I'm wrong, but you guys all know how boxers are with retirements.

Advanced Users

You are not wrong by a long shot, Matt. He has already said that he is not 100 percent -- just "95 percent" certain about not coming back. And I'm not mourning this time, so I'm dead Serious!

Next month, KP will be at 75 percent. Expect for him to dance by this summer. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 01-21-2013 at 12:30 PM.

deepwater

hopkins ruined him. good for him for getting out now. i am sure there will be some lightpoles to punch out if he gets nostalgic again.

deepwater

i retire all the time but yet again Ill be fighting in the masters tournament at gleasons this june.

Ha, ha. Then you guys aren't retiring. You're just taking a vacation.

Fighters don't retire ..they just idle for the next opportunity. He's only one good offer from being back in the game. That I promise you.