English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Atlas Likes Marquez To Beat Pacquiao, By Decision

Teddy Atlas Likes Marquez To Beat Pacquiao, By Decision

ESPN boxing analyst Teddy Atlas likes Juan Manuel Marquez to finally get into the win column against Manny Pacquiao, in his fourth try, he told viewers on a Thursday edition of "Friday Night Fights."
    Atlas, calling a card headlined by Ray Beltran-Ji-Hoon Kim at the Mirage in Vegas, said that neither man should change what they do for this fight. "They've done pretty well if you haven't noticed. I don't think they have to change anything." The judges, he said, do need to change. "They need to be honest. They need to get it right. I think so far in the three fights, they've gotten it wrong twice."
    Who will win? "I think if the judges get it right, Marquez is gonna get it right, as he has a couple times, I thought, already in these first three fights, and Marquez will finally get his just desserts," Atlas said. Yes, Marquez is close to 40, "he could suddenly become old," and "put a wrinkle in my plans." But the two could give a close could fight at age 80, he said, and he thinks Marquez has the edge in the urgency department. Manny's legacy is more secure, he noted.
    Atlas presented a fight plan, in the gym. He said Pacman has to be faster, feint him, and time him. If he does that, he'll stay undefeated against the Mexican. Marquez has to keep his left foot outside of Manny's lead foot. He needs to set traps, make space and counter his way to the win. And most of all, he needs to judges to be on their best behavior.
    ESPN's Dan Rafael said he thought Marquez won the first fight, in 2004, and the second one, and felt the third was a draw. He sat with Bernardo Osuna and was asked for his prediction. Rafael thinks Marquez, "on the law of averages," will get the W on this one. Rafael believes the judges will finally show Marquez love in those close rounds.
    Pacquiao was seen in a chat with Osuna. The boxer made sure to mention his massive faith and how he has grown closer to God. He then said he'd like a toe to toe fight. "I hope so," the Congressman said. Pacman said he's ready for the counterpunching excellence of the Mexican.
    Osuna also chatted this week with Marquez. The Mexican said he is motivated to have the ref raise his hand, to validate his belief that he has won all three matches. The last fight made him angry, more than the previous two. "Not just me, a lot of people the same," he said.
    Legends Tommy Hearns and Ray Leonard chatted with Joe Tessitore about the Saturday showdown. Hearns said Pacman will try to land big shots, show him he's in charge, early. Leonard said he spoke to Marquez, and he said he stated he has to be stronger and faster. He thinks Marquez will look to "out-power" Pacman. Hearns said Marquez will be smarter this time out.

deepwater

Re: Teddy Atlas Likes Marquez To Beat Pacquiao, By Decision

bet the house on a pacman ko then.

i have always liked teddy but has anyone else ever gotten the impression that he wants to be the only person to know anything about boxing?

as if no one else ever has a clue what is going on..

deepwater

teddy is just still mad that cus damato kicked him out of the catskills. teddy signed my golden gloves jersey a few years back so i will take it easy on him. so angel garcia...garcias dad looks like a thugged out mo from 3 stooges.

Advanced Users

Just as clear as infinite heavens above: For Da Manny, the talking-head haters and their groupies have absolutely no love. They hope like the devil in Helldom for Da Manny's downfall. Not a single victory over crybaby-@ss Marquez will they ever call. Every one of 'em lives in an alternate universe. And it will be that way until every one of 'em is driven off in a hearse.

Don't let 'em fool you. They were happy that Tim Bradley got a notorious bad decision over Da Manny. And they will be most happy for Marquez to get the same. There is no hate like there is on an Asian with too much super fame.

Over a hundred years later, you have too many of the stanks -- I mean Yanks -- in the boxing media hating the high-yellow brown-@ss Manny Pacquiao as much as dark-skinned, black-@ss ("Unforgivable Blackness") Jack Johnson was hated.

Accepting change is SLOW!!! And dat BIG BYTCH HATE will keep trying to GROW!!! It will keep telling you that you don't know right from wrong. And finally you start to accept that BIG BYTCH HATE's song.

Teddy Atlas is a great talking head and excellent trainer. But a terrible advocate for reality when his has a bone to grind, and when he start feeling distraint toward a person. Hate blinds. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 12-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Smile Re: Teddy Atlas Likes Marquez To Beat Pacquiao, By Decision

Actually, what Atlas want is a knockout victory for Marquez. He has no love for the Pacman. He hates the Pacman out of envy. What a loser he is!

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater View Post
    bet the house on a pacman ko then.
    lol! I'm with u on that bet cause atlas has been terrible at picking fights

deepwater

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    lol! I'm with u on that bet cause atlas has been terrible at picking fights
    After seeing weigh in I got PAC by knockout. Margeuz too bulked up. Muscles don't win fights. No bouncer or my America has ever been a good boxer. Either Marquez is stupid for bulking up or the smartest guy in the room. He might know something we don't but muscles don't win .
    PAC by ko.

i think ariza was playing everyone saying pac wasnt complying with strength and conditioning...

pac looks fantastic at 147, just as shredded with a couple more lbs of muscle than usual....he has definitely worked to add it, prob to match jmms mass a bit..

at 33 that is possible, around there you start putting on thicker muscle, changes in muscle fiber with age.....floyd did it too,

jmm looks fantastic, but at 39 he is on something, i dont care what anyone says....he is.. it wont help him tho..

im with deep water i think pac knocks him out...

jmm is soooo desperate to win he will do anything, that includes peds and changing his style a bit to stay in the pocket with more power shots.....

it will be his undoing...

Advanced Users

Steven A. Smith, Ted Atlas and Dan Rafael are Tea Party super pacs of ESPN, and they're filibustering -- intentionally and/or sublimically -- for the referee to protect Marquez and for the judges to give him a questionable split decision victory.

Wow! The game is full of this and that bullsyetology. No matter how badly Da Manny touches up and fudges up Marquez, those super pacs will not give Da Manny the luv. And they will say that Marquez got old. And on Da Manny's greatness, they are still not sold. And that either Mayweather, Bradley or Rios will beat him. Yup! RIGHT! Holla!!
    Last edited by Radam G; 12-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.