English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate Bob Arum

I hate Bob Arum

Golden Boy has said they will step aside and let Top Rank promote a fight between Mares & Donaire. But only if Top Ranks allows Golden Boy to Promote a fight between Rios & Matthysse. Sounds like a great proposal what do y'all think?

Re: I hate Bob Arum

I like the idea but it's easier said than done, which Golden Boy is great at doing these days. Saying things that sound good in order to gain our support but once you scratch the surface there's all sorts of detail that needs to be addressed. There's a good article floating around I believe either at Maxboxing or Fighthype where it's discussed from top to bottom.

Anyhow, I've hated all these promoters at one time or another because I truly believe they have all prevented good fights from happening. No way in hell it's all Arum's fault. In fact, I'll go as far as saying it was Oscar and Floyd that created all the drama between the two promotional companies. Both Floyd and Oscar made their early piles of money with Top Rank and now they want to go changing it up like Bob ain't never done a bit of good. They both spoiled pussies.

Advanced Users

Ditto SouthPaul. Big Money O is fools golden boy. Holla!

SouthPaul I agree with u for the most but why don't Arum just call they bluff. I hate that he won't even take a look at what there trying to offer him to make the fight happen. Boxing needs a commission ASAP this sh$t is ridiculous.

hey Sp,... if Floyed kept working for Arum, Bob would be 300Million$ more wealthy than he already is..... and Floyd would have to be content gnawing on the scraps that fell off his table.. I'd say Floyd knows the laws of basic economics.

What Top Rank and GBP both need to do is form a league... They could start off with 8 elite fighters apiece, and have em' square off 2 - 3 times year (in BIG FIGHTS),.. ... keep adding more fighters and events.... Bob and Oscar need to tear down the Berlin WALL now . and sell the bricks for souveniers.. Release the stranglehold and the hostages....

Make the fights the world has been starving for and watch their combined incomes reach unfathomable heights.
    .....Get pictures taken while eating lunch and laughing...back slapping and Hi-5-ing.

Start a rivalry...The GBP Pugilistic Punks vs the Bob Arum A-holes...Or USA vs the WORLD..... it would be dynamic.... and revolutionary... or Merge like big corporations do and start a Boxing Monopoly.
    Under this type of relationship Boxing would eventually return to network TV.... MMA would die a slow death or go back underground where it came from...... make it happen.
    HERE> NOW!

ali,... Arum is set in his ways to a fault. Where Schaffer shows flexibility, Arum shows nothing but rigidness.
    When Arum retires the new management will be ready to carry the business to the next phase. (co-promotions) Arum may live forever, but rumors are starting gain traction that he's been thinking about retirement.

Arum will probably live longer than Carmin Basilo and George Burns.

Advanced Users

Selfish promoting was before da BobFather, and it will be long after all the big wigs exit out of this topsu-turvy life. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 11-30-2012 at 07:44 AM.

I've said for years Dana white needs to start a boxing league or something similar to the UFC. Ya it sounds dumb but like UFC all other commissions fall eventually and the sport will be controlled and not corrupt.

Brown Suga'

Those Floyd numbers you're regurgitating, they're suspect IMO. I've always felt it was part of an (exaggerated/inflated) act he puts on for his Money character . I've even expressed it in the past and after listening to FIddy on Power 106 earlier today seems my suspicions are spot on. You might want to check that out on YouTube. FIddy says some pretty interesting stuff. Word is; Floyd ain't even got an accontant.

I think some us have been hoodwinked by Floyd. There's Floyd who has Albert Einstein like intelligence inside the ring then there's another Floyd outside of it who IMO may be less of thinker than some of us ol' average folk.

Here's the interview with FIddy explaining why him and Floyd are beefing:

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=91Pcx8b9x80
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 11-30-2012 at 04:14 AM.