English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golovkin,.....who's next for the champ?

Golovkin,.....who's next for the champ?

Golovkin has a date to come back on HBO in January 2013.

Apparently his challenge to IBO super Middleweight champ Thomas Oothuizen has failed to materialize.
    Titlelist hopefull and SuperMiddleweight #2 Contender Edwin Rodriguez has reportedly rejected a Half Million$$$ offer to face the much avoided middleweight at 168lbs.

Enter spoiler supreme, Carlos Molina, who drew with Cuban phenom Erislandy Lara, (many thought he won) ...had his fight against Kirkland stolen on a technicality, and ran circles around shopworn Kermit Cintron. Molina has offered his services to face the oft avoided middleweight Champ in January.

Not willing to see a $500,000 offer evaporate into oblivion, Molina, who is willing to fight anywhere between 147 and 160 seems to be the only challenger willing to square up with the heavy handed champ.

On a side note Fernando Guerrero has also stepped forward as a willing candidate... althought I don't know if he's capable of even carrying Golovkins tape and guasse kit after getting stopped by aged gatekeeper GradyBrewer on ESPN a year or 2 ago. However Fernando says he's corrected his flaws and is up to the challenge. He also said in a recent article that he doesn't know too much about Golovkin..... ignorance is bliss.

Meanwhile Golovkin says Ward is his primary target, However Ward vs Pavlik is nearly finalized....(Ward has earned a break but Pavlik is always dangerous) Admittedly Golovkin will take what he can get until bigger opportunities present themselves just to stay active... more to come.

Re: Golovkin,.....who's next for the champ?

GGG vs Froch would be hellva fight why hasn't anyone talked about them 2 fighting.

Ggg has the physical gifts and intelligence to go along with it.
    I havent seen such an athlete since myself. Yep i said it. Ha.

Ggg needs some ring time to get into the minds of americans.

Amayseng who should you like to see GGG fight next?

Fantastic idea...but I think Triple G is focused on making himself a household name in the U.S. That would be a perfect test to see if he's ready for Ward

Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    Amayseng who should you like to see GGG fight next?
    i think he needs to fight sturm or geale....
    pirog would be a great scrap but pirog needs to get back in the ring and in front of americans to build some hype just as ggg needs to...
    the mw division is solid right now....
    but, theses fighters need to be fighting actively

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Fantastic idea...but I think Triple G is focused on making himself a household name in the U.S. That would be a perfect test to see if he's ready for Ward
    perfect test but there are other guys at 168 that would be a good test for him.

Amayseng said Sturm or Geale, too bad both of those guys have already flatly rejected GGG a month ago... and so did Pirog. Adonis Stevens just became Frochs mandatory,.. Froch will fight rather than give up his title,.. then fight Kessler or Bute, because of the bigger Paycheck.
    Funny thing about it is the always tricky and elusive Carlos Molina would probably give him the toughest fight of all next to Froch.

But GGG is on for HBO on January 19th no matter what,.. I hope they don't have to dig up a corpse just to get him an oponent.... GGG's more avoided than Paul Williams and Margarito were at their peak.

@brownsugar,
    Do u think its best ggg moves up to 168 so soon?

Advanced Users

I hate to peepee on y'all parade, but I give 3G a low grade. He's aight! With a few fighters that I can think of right now, he wouldn't make it through the night. They will put him to sleep. Have him counting sheep. He could give a couple of 'em to Little Bo Peep, since she lost her sheep. Hahaha! Holla!