English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ariza Unhappy Pacquiao Not Doing Strength and Conditioning

Ariza Unhappy Pacquiao Not Doing Strength and Conditioning

Pacquiao has stayed loyal to Ariza though many folks have tried to get the vocal trainer ousted. (Chris Farina-Top Rank)
    Strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza made it clear that Manny Pacquiao isn't doing in training camp what he thinks he should be doing to give himself the best chance to beat Juan Manuel Marquez on Dec. 8, in a video interview on The Boxing Channel.
    Ariza has been at odds for some time with trainer Freddie Roach, who threatened to boot Ariza from Manny's corner for his last bout, against Tim Bradley. Ariza also said that he is impressed with the physique of Juan Manuel Marquez, and that he doesn't suspect JMM is using any funky vitamins supplied by Angel Heredia, the Mexican's S and G coach.
    In a video interview with Marcos Villegas of the Boxing Channel, Ariza said that Pacquiao as always looked good in camp. This time Manny is not doing strength and conditioning, is just focusing on boxing, Ariza said, and that doesn't make him too happy. We will see if looking good in camp translates on fight night, he said.
    Ariza said that Pacquiao hasn't done much strength and conditioning the last couple fights, I am assuming he means particularly the Tim Bradley fight, and that's why he had cramping issues. Ariza said he brought in an expert who works with NBAers, and that after some cramping in camp early, Manny has been cramp free.

Advanced Users

Re: Ariza Unhappy Pacquiao Not Doing Strength and Conditioning

Wow! Huh! Strength and conditioning are a catch 21. Ariza is missing the boat. He hasn't ever box. He is like an emperor, who's @ss is out in the cold without a coat. Ariza is far from a boxing fox. Holla!

Advanced Users

Wow! Huh! Strength and conditioning are a catch 21. Ariza is missing the boat. He hasn't ever box. He is like an emperor, who's @ss is out in the cold without a coat. Ariza is far from a boxing fox. Holla!

This guy is a champion! As Joshua Clotty said "he gets his power from God!". Manny had onions like no other to speak out against Gay Marriage! He got alot of heat from that one! It was right before the Bradley fight!

Strength and conditioning, all very important I'm sure but nowhere near as important as being able to fight for 12 rounds with world-class skills, discipline, a plan and the ability to adapt. Too many boxers round the world mixing with too many gurus and bodybuilders. Too many boxers in fitness gyms rather than boxing gyms, to much emphasis on modern nonsense. How did SRR, Henry Armstrong, Monzon, Duran, Leonard ever go 15 round without all of this? Well, perhaps their trainers got them fit and they sparred a lot and fought often - it tends to work. Or do we sit here and think 'Yeah they were great in their times but can you imagine how great would Armstrong or Duran have been if they had Alex Ariza?'

One had to imagine why Freddie Roach and Ariza are at odds. In my opinion, Ariza, just a dietician, is trying hard to get the pristege of being the maker of Pacquiao. He is trying to tell us that without him Manny will be nothing. Wow! Pacquiao have shown the world who is is in boxing before we even heard the word or name, Ariza. I have a sneaky suspicion that he is a closet admirer/fan of Marquez. Freddie Roach should make good his words.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I'm with u on this one triple O.G

@Gibola Ariza wouldn't have made the greats any better all this new age stuff ain't sh$t

Advanced Users

Ariza is just ¢o¢ksure and has a BIG ego. But he needs to let it go, or he will be a boxing's strength-and-conditioning coach luv T-K-O! He is not an old-schooled joe. He is just a New-Jack ho.

New Jack is all about hype and bulking bodies for show. But know how to correctly fight, they don't know. On the scale of whup@ss, the need for this bulking-up strength-and-conditioning training is extremely low. The grass in my yard, New-Jack muscle-bound ___ ___ couldn't mow. C'mon my highest regarded superscribes, Ariza doesn't understands the fundamentals of how boksing's whole nine and whup@$$ flow. Holla!

I don't know what to believe when Ariza talks... He was bragging about how Paq was going to demolish JMM the last time.. while looking at the camera and telling Paq "so you're do this the way we talked about, right?".... Then he appears a month later saying "if Paq would have followed my instructions he would have won the fight"....It's the same misleading hyperbole every time...And surely JMM is only going be focused on what happens in the ring. The preflight gibberish coming out of paq's camp is getting old. This fight could go either way.