English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Pacquiao's Spiritual Awakening Explained

Pacquiao's Spiritual Awakening Explained

Late last year eight-division world champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao began a journey of spiritual renewal, which now includes leading daily Bible study classes. He has embraced The Bible and its teachings, making The Bible his “manual for living his life.” Eschewing many of the vices he claimed were poisoning his life, here, for the first time, Manny gives a thorough first-person account on his new-found spirituality and how it has affected his life as a world champion boxer, an elected public servant and a family man. It is candid, raw and enlightening.
    There are several ways to view this feature. This link will take you to two different folders – one for web viewing and one for hi-res download. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4nwmz8padtvlnzw/5WKiRACcCN
    This link will take you to the Top Rank website where you can watch the video as individual segments without downloading. http://www.toprank.com/videos/pacquiao-a-spiritual-awakening-part-i

Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs), boxing’s only eight-division world champion and the lone congressional representative from the Sarangani province in the Philippines, will be defending his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight championship crown against undefeated WBO junior welterweight champion Bradley (28-0, 12 KOs), of Palm Springs, Calif., Saturday, June 9, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. The Pacquiao-Bradley world championship fight will be produced and distributed Live by HBO Pay-Per-View®, beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT.
    All-new editions of HBO’s all-access reality series 24/7 PACQUIAO/BRADLEY debut on Saturday, June 2 (9:45-10:15 p.m. ET/PT) and Friday, June 8 (8:00-8:30 p.m. ET/PT), the night before the welterweight title showdown.
    Promoted by Top Rank, in association with MP Promotions, Tecate, AT&T and MGM Grand, remaining tickets to Pacquiao vs. Bradley are priced at $1,200, $900, $600, $400, and $200. Ticket sales at $1,200, $900, $600 and $400 are limited to 10 per person and ticket sales at $200 are limited to two (2) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster (800) 745-3000. Tickets also will be available for purchase at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
    For Pacquiao-Bradley fight week updates, log on to www.toprank.com and www.hbo.com

Advanced Users

Re: Pacquiao's Spiritual Awakening Explained

Danggit! When is the craziness is going to halt about Da Manny's "Spiritual Awakening?" His spiritual awakening won't weaken his whup-a$$ fighting in dat squared jungle, so who in da game of boxing really cares. God Is A Balance ____ _____! And Da In Charge of ___ Dude is a boxer Himself/Herself/Itself -- whichever applies. He can be nice, but He can and does put your arse on ice. Besides, don't let me have to point out that God Has hurt, destroyed and beatdown more creatures and things than Satan could do in a ton of lifetimes. Holla!

I'm bitin' off Uncle Roger again. "Most people don't know syet 'bout bokin,'" or religion.
    Last edited by Radam G; 06-02-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Manny sounds like he's 12 steppin' and what comes with that is cleaning out closests. We could be close to a doping and PED confession. Wouldn't that be summin'!

Advanced Users

Keep dreaming, SouthPaul! You are full of __ ___ ____! The confession that will come close to dat bull$hit is that you stanks -- I mean Yanks -- are on, is that Da Manny love his balut!

Wow! Somebody need to get on his "12 steppin'" jive and admit that a Pinoy is the greatest fighter of our times and maybe all times. Holla!

Radam

I was being sarcastic. I am not one who believes Manny should bow down to random testing all because a few people have a suspicion. Manny should have to test when the entire sport itself is doing so. Who knows what any of these cats are doing behind the curtains? Not me. You'll never hear me saying one way or another what goes into their bodies. I can't be 100% sure. The sport is so unregulated and loose so one can only imagine what one is up to in order to gain advantage. I ain't mad either way. I got respect for the Pacman. He doing it! That's always been my stance.
    Last edited by SouthPaul; 06-02-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Advanced Users

Okay, SouthPaul. It is all good. I was slow on the SouthPaul catch. I'm a southpaw, and your curve came to my weak side. Hehehe! Holla!

Its all gooooooooooooooo!