English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim “Desert Storm” Bradley Brewing Up Another

Tim “Desert Storm” Bradley Brewing Up Another

INDIO-Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley walked into the gym with a scrunched tightness of his mouth and narrow looking eyes as he glided through a throng of photographers, reporters and well-wishers on Thursday.
    If you had seen Bradley two months ago it was a Jekyll and Hyde difference. The junior welterweight from Palm Springs was amiable, smiling and chatting without a care in the world back in March.
    That’s all changed now.
    A steely-eyed Bradley (28-0, 12 KOs) sat on a bench with dozens of reporters anxious to talk about his coming encounter with Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs) on Saturday June 9, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. HBO pay-per-view will televise the Top Rank event.
    Bradley has that angry hungry look.
    Both Top Rank’s Bob Arum and Bradley were present at the Indio Boys and Girls Club where the popular local fighter trains regularly. On their agenda was the cause and effects of the super showdown with Pacquiao and both talked briefly about the current drug testing that has derailed three fights in the past month including mixed martial arts heavyweight Alistair Overeem, boxing junior welterweight Lamont Peterson and welterweight Andre Berto.
    “I’m just like wow, you got to be more careful to know what you’re taking,” said Bradley about the rash of canceled high profile bouts. “I think fighters need to research, do their homework.”
    Bradley believes both boxers suffered from lack of education regarding Performance Enhancement Drugs or PEDs.
    “Lamont’s situation was a life or death situation…he needed testosterone. The fact that he waited hurt him, but he’s not the type of guy that would cheat, that’s not his MO. He trains hard. Just like Andre Berto,” said Bradley, 28. “(Berto) just got a bad batch and he had residue. It was enough to just cause a bad test. That can happen to anybody.”
    Arum said that independent companies like United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) or Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) are still a step short of becoming viable drug testing companies.
    “I just think that people are totally going about this in the wrong way. You can’t have those groups whether USADA or VADA do this testing unless it’s under the supervision of the Nevada State Commission or the California Commission. These groups don’t have any authority. Who knows whether they test the same?” said Arum about the failed tests that derailed both Lamont Peterson and Andre Berto’s separate fights. “I like testing. I think it’s important, but it has to be under the supervision under the legal supervision like Nevada. Maybe Berto, if tested under supervision by USADA he would have passed. There has to be one standard. Every sample has got to go right to the commission not to the promoter.”
    Nevada State Athletic Commission will do the testing for this mega event.
    How big is the event for Bradley?
    “Now I can’t even run on the streets any more, it’s tough for me. I also got to get my work in,” said Bradley about the increase recognition on the streets. “No (Pontiac) Silverdome for me baby. This is a big show in front of one of the baddest guys in boxing.”
    When asked if he worried that it might be difficult to win a decision against Pacquiao who managed to beat Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight that many fans had scored differently from the judges, Bradley was adamant about being not concerned with judging.
    “This is boxing. I can’t be worried about the judges. The fight fans know who won at the end of the night,” said Bradley. “I know I’m going to get the decision if I win.”
    The Palm Springs prizefighter has never been beaten and does not expect defeat.
    “I know he’s going to be ready. He’s ready to take me out,” said Bradley about Pacquiao. “We’re ready for anything. We’re ready for every aspect of the game.”

Re: Tim “Desert Storm” Bradley Brewing Up Another

He's ready for anything uh? Well, I hope he's ready to get dropped twice by the 8th, if it goes that long...Manny will make light work of Bradley. Under those big lights...it's going to be too much for TBrad...Manny by TKO in the 9th.

Advanced Users

Naku! Mahirap niniwaalan iyan! Wow! It is hard to believe. Money Jay is speaking righteously. Has the world turn upside down? Apparently some muthasucka has finally figured how to clone in this new version of TSS. No way that is Money Jay. Anyway, I believe that the Cali Cranium Crusher has been shootin' C-side meth up in da dome. Dat big, ole, head is too perfectly shaped like a giant milk dud.

I will take all bets that Tim Bradley is going to literally use his head for the fight. I got something to spit about that later. I have to first pass it by my Pac Posse and make sure that it will not be taken the wrong way and seem as mean-spirit spittin!' Yall know me! I'm down with O-P-P, but not straight-up with meanness like ____ ____ _____ _____! And quit wearing those shoes SCLA Ali! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.

deepwater

is that growth hormone head or alien head? manny should chop this guy down if that head doesnt knock him out first. manny by mid round ko or the head will ko manny late.

Three years ago I would've agreed Pac beats Bradley convincingly...nowadays, i'm not so convinced. Manny may prove me wrong come fight night, but given how he's cramped up his last couple fights i'm inclined to believe his legs can no longer sustain the blistering pace Manny is known for. Therefore, if Bradley is still concious after six rounds this fight may begin to lean in his favor...especially if Manny's legs betray him again and he finds himself resting along the ropes.

Advanced Users

That Bradley's big, ole, head has a strong GLOW. He oughta get rid of dat shine and let some hair GROW! OOPS! I musta' fo'got! Then that would soften his cranium crush superBLOW! Hahaha!

I see that ultimoshogun is quite revealing. He's placed a pix of an older Bradley gulping roid juice, because dat ain't no gin and juice. And Bradley will be laid out, not back. He's going be sweating that vicious Pac attack. Hehehehe! Da Manny is gonna kayo Bradley's arse in three.

Da Manny got Redcoat Ricky Hatton in two. He'll surely get Bluecoat Tim Bradley in three. You heard it here, FIRST, BABBBBBEEEE! Holla!

Advanced Users

Tim Bradley is suffering from a MIRAGE. The fans are one-sided and super bias. They don't know syet. Jessica Sanchez was the best in American Idol, but what did the fans know? NOT SH*T! They don't know music, singing and the best sounding lyricist. And again, biting off the famous saying of Uncle Roger: "...[they] don't know sh*t 'bout boksin!'

TB is lame. He ain't got game! He's a traitor with no shame. But it is all good, because he screwed Promoter G. Shaw for da fame, da PacMan's name, for da money and for da dame. Holla!

Pac I don't want to here any excuses if you have a tough time with Bradley. I doubt that u will but if you do u should really think about retirement.

Advanced Users

You are so full of it SCLA, Ali. The only excuses fly off the lips of Money May, his pops, his uncles, his nuthuggers -- as you are, and, of course, all of his flunkies, floozies, fanboys, flute-followers, freaks, flophouse dwellers [who are great perpetrators], faders and fakers.

Da Manny is gonna beat the hebejeebeez outta the Cali Cranium Crusher, and you will say that he made Da Manny look bad until Da Manny hit him with a "lucky punch."

SCLA Ali, you just may have neurocysticercosis. That syet up in da noggin makes you __ ___ ___ ___ _ _____ and _____ ____ ___ ___! And many a doctor will miss all the signs. Tapeworms on da brains, ain't where it's at. Hehehehe! Holla!

Advanced Users

Nice, SCLA Ali! You did exactly what I expected. With your 500th post you said some more jive-turkey bull about Da Manny. Da Manny's on yo' mind! And yo' mind is on Da Manny! And you are probably laid BACK, drinkin' cheat gin and toxic juice! Hahaha! Get REAL! Holla!