English Español
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao To Fight Juan Manuel Marquez On Nov. 12

Pacquiao To Fight Juan Manuel Marquez On Nov. 12

[img]components/com_fpss/images/MarquezPacquiao2_HOGANPHOTOS_11.jpg[/img]
    They've engaged in two tight battles, and to this day, the outcomes are controversial.

So it makes sense that Manny Pacquiao will fight Juan Manuel Marquez for a third time. Pacman will glove up against the Mexican on November 12 at the MGM in Las Vegas, multiple outlets are reporting.

The contracted weight for the scrap will be 144 pounds, or less. The match reached fruition after Marquez' promoter, Golden Boy, passed on matching the terms offered by Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum. Pacquiao is at odds with Golden Boy, and is embroiled in a legal tangle with that outfit. He has launched a defamation suit against Golden Boy, for alleging that he used steroids, or another illegal performance enhancer.

In May 2004, Pacman and Marquez battled to a draw, at the MGM. Marquez was down three times in the first round, but held on for dear life, and came back to take the second half of the tussle. Pacman had his hand raised when they fought again in March 2008. The judges awarded the Filipino a split decision after a tight contest at the Mandalay Bay.

The first time, they clashed at the featherweight limit, the second time, at super featherweight. Since then, Pacquiao has jumped up in weight class, and has fought as a welterweight his last four battles. Marquez, meanwhile, looked out of his element when he jumped up to junior welterweight, against Floyd Mayweather, in September 2009.

Some pundits are saying that at this weight, the 37 year old Marquez won't have the same luck against Pacman, but to me, this guy just has Manny's number. At any weight, I think Marquez has the skills and strategy to give Pacman fits. What say you, TSS Universe?

Advanced Users

Re: Pacquiao To Fight Juan Manuel Marquez On Nov. 12

Da Peepee banger cannot handle a none-food-and-water-starved PacMan. Da Manny will finally do more than knock down Marquez mutli times, he'll kayo him in about four or five rounds. And I'm betting heavily on that. Holla!

I agree with Radam. If JMM really brings it, and I believe he will, Pacman will knock him out. This being a rivalry fight, there wont be any of that touch gloves, no harsh words BS we got with the faded Mosley. For however long this lasts, this will be a fight. Pac in five.

Advanced Users

Watch what you ask for. A lot of dawgs were calling out for Da Manny to fight "fast, slick, intercity African Americans." He answered that call, and now he has to go back to Mexicuting, because da brothas' top dawg won't step up and FIGHT a REAL man. Da Money sucka luvs ta bark about fictious steroids and mythic Pinoy A-side Meth, and also he luvs to go upside his babies' momma's noggin, though. Danggit!

Those callers-haters don't dig the actuality and reality of blaxicuting. They luv da Fam May's bulljive most than the thought of seeing Da Manny KNOCK Money May DA DOUBLE FUDGE OUT! At least da Peepee marahajah has some cojones, and a mythic, powerful energy drink coming out of them, so he believes. Enough spitted! Hehehehehehe! Holla!

This fight will show how disciplined Pac as a fighter has become since their last fight. Manny will come in with a solid jab or lead left lefts stepping to his right to follow up with right hooks. Lead left through the center of Marquez' gloves. Manny will use his movements to lure him into a fire fight as we all know Marquez will not shy away from brutal exchanges. At the end of the day it's Marquez...being a Mexican with a big heart will be the cause of his downfall. Manny will finally end this contraversial rivalry in about 7 rounds.

this is pure money. marquez needs a retirement fund. period. we know jmm cant handle welter? so whats next for marquez? a sure slaughter for the stupid mexican.

Banned

We have to commend Marquez for pursuing the Pacquiao fight despite the general consensus that at this stage of their respective careers, Pacquiao is simply too strong and perhaps too good for the battle worn Marquez, although the Mosley fight does make you wonder. Marquez truly believes that he has Pacquiao's number and is undeterred by Pacquiao's destruction of bigger and stronger men over the last two years.

Radam U were one of Floyd's biggest Nut Huggers just a couple a years ago.. Make Up your mind please. Also, Bragging about Manny beating up the Ghost of Shane Moseley is a joke even by your (lack of) standards.
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 05-18-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Now remember why I stopped posting on this message board.. or any other ones for that matter. Delusional Idiots. U guys can keep Radam Gibberish and his merry band of parrots. Im gonna spend my free time with my gorgeous mestiza filipina girlfriend. Peace!
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 05-18-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Radam U were one of Floyd's biggest Nut Huggers just a couple a years ago.. Make Up your mind please. Also, Bragging about Manny beating up the Ghost of Shane Moseley is a joke even by your (lack of) standards.
    I agree with u 100% and Mosley ain't never been slick fast but never slick.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast