English Español
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When The Gates Opened for the Great Flood of Eastern European Boxers

Re: When The Gates Opened for the Great Flood of Eastern European Boxers

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I remember Nazarov very well from the 90's. He had a kind of cult like following in the states amongst the die hard fans. There were a lot of die hards that thought he'd be something special. He had two fights in the United States and they were two impressive knockout wins against name fighters which only enhanced his reputation. And then the shock at the sudden retirement following the Mendy loss in fight that if anyone ever watches you could tell there was something wrong as the contest moved forward.
    Nazarov had been suffering from left eye problems going into the fight and was thumbed in that very same eye in the third round. This tragic accident tore his retina, ended his career, and left him all but blind in his left eye. He finished with a 26-1 mark and, like Arbachakov, fought most of his bouts in Japan.

IMO He belongs in the Hall with the Yuri.

Quote Originally Posted by larueboenig View Post
    Now here’s my question. Who is better, Loma or Tszyu?

Well a prime Kostya is heads and shoulders better than GGG, but as for Loma, I'd say it's a pick' em. If you forced me to the wall and ordered me to answer or else, I'd go with Loma.

Test

tesr

World Boxing Super Series announced that the inaugural season of the Muhammad Ali Trophy will feature ALL four reigning cruiserweight champions. WBO titlist & Olympic gold medal winner Oleksandr Usyk (12-0, 10 KOs) has officially joined.

As predicted, Dmitry Kudryashov has joined tournament line-up that already features the four reigning world champions Oleksandr Usyk (WBO), Mairis Briedis (WBC), Murat Gassiev (IBF) and Yunier Dorticos (WBO) as well as former champions Marco Huck and Krzysztof Wlodarczyk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12