English Español
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ward and Rigondeaux Victorious on a Show With Plenty of Controversy

Re: Ward and Rigondeaux Victorious on a Show With Plenty of Controversy

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    So what if only 120 people bought the fight. Ward's 6 million dollar check is probably less than what JayZ'll pay for Beyoncés next birthday party...
    Easily the line of the thread.

Some people need to stop hating. How is race now a part of the equation because Ward won? He broke Kovalev down mentally and stopped him long before the fight took place last Saturday. With all that Kovalev had going during his training camp regarding the integrity of his trainer and the fear of gassing out proved to be too much for the Krusher to overcome. I predicted that Ward would win, but never fathomed by TKO/KO. Ward just cemented his legacy as one of the best fighters of this generation and arguably all-time. Haters eat your heart out and stop with the racist conspiracy theories. It was the black ref that made Kovalev punk out........GTFOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulder Roll Defense View Post
    Some people need to stop hating. How is race now a part of the equation because Ward won? He broke Kovalev down mentally and stopped him long before the fight took place last Saturday. With all that Kovalev had going during his training camp regarding the integrity of his trainer and the fear of gassing out proved to be too much for the Krusher to overcome. I predicted that Ward would win, but never fathomed by TKO/KO. Ward just cemented his legacy as one of the best fighters of this generation and arguably all-time. Haters eat your heart out and stop with the racist conspiracy theories. It was the black ref that made Kovalev punk out........GTFOH!
    Amen

Amen

Yes I am perfectly fine with the proceedings except that I wanted to see Ward t-off on the crusher a little more.
    And I am perfectly fine with your opinion, although I dont think it has merit. No racism under any circumstances ... When Kovalev began turning his back and looking for timeouts from the ref he was defeated at that moment and was relieved with no protest when the fight was out..... even when interviewed after the fight. It wasnt until the post presser that Kovalev began making some noise.

But the damage has been done. His competitors have learned that Kovalev is extremely talented and a fantastic boxer but they also know that he has a very finite tolerance for pain...and they will force him to visit that place again.
    You are perfectly fine with low blows, illegal shots, low 3 consecutive low blows stopping the fight and WORSE a stopped fight instead of a ten count as kov was on the ropes which per the rules can not hold u up from a knockdown and instead count as one? All because the guy you wanted to win, won?

So you are saying you are good with illegal shots, a stoppage that was not within the rules and those 3 low blows in a row as the stop? because u wanted Ward to win?

That is disturbing and reeks poor values and standards...

plus that makes Ward look like his win is ****, makes him look terrible instead of the Chad Dawson knockout he may have been able to get.

So you sell out your soul for a win for your guy, the reason this country is the way it is. No values.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    You are perfectly fine with low blows, illegal shots, low 3 consecutive low blows stopping the fight and WORSE a stopped fight instead of a ten count as kov was on the ropes which per the rules can not hold u up from a knockdown and instead count as one? All because the guy you wanted to win, won?

So you are saying you are good with illegal shots, a stoppage that was not within the rules and those 3 low blows in a row as the stop? because u wanted Ward to win?

That is disturbing and reeks poor values and standards...

plus that makes Ward look like his win is ****, makes him look terrible instead of the Chad Dawson knockout he may have been able to get.

So you sell out your soul for a win for your guy, the reason this country is the way it is. No values.
    You paint with very broad strokes my friend, I don't think my opinion of the fight qualifies me as being automatically conscripted for the fires of hell, or becoming one of Satan's minions..lol...
    ..I probably have worse offenses to repent for but yes i wanted to see more however the stoppage was good ....Kovalev ate 7-8 very hard punches before he even got nailed on the ropes.... Weeks is a good ref and probably prevented some serious damage. So we will have to agree to disagree.

You paint with very broad strokes my friend, I don't think my opinion of the fight qualifies me as being automatically conscripted for the fires of hell, or becoming one of Satan's minions..lol...
    ..I probably have worse offenses to repent for but yes i wanted to see more however the stoppage was good ....Kovalev ate 7-8 very hard punches before he even got nailed on the ropes.... Weeks is a good ref and probably prevented some serious damage. So we will have to agree to disagree.
    The Integrity of the sport comes first.

Let Ward force Kov to quit or knock him out. Not low blow him into a wrong stoppage that doesn't follow the rules and now damages the sport.

Value, honor, standards, integrity, dignity and self respect should all come before being happy a guy won wrongly in a corrupt way.

The Integrity of the sport comes first.

Let Ward force Kov to quit or knock him out. Not low blow him into a wrong stoppage that doesn't follow the rules and now damages the sport.

Value, honor, standards, integrity, dignity and self respect should all come before being happy a guy won wrongly in a corrupt way.

It's not hate it's corruption and racism against a Russian.

It's clear. Constant low blows and holding against the rules with no warnings and deductions.

3 low blows to a stoppage haha and a stop on the ropes not a count. The ref didn't follow the rules.
    Declined watching the replay before the announment.

Now all a sudden u don't like rules? U gtfoh.

It's not hate it's corruption and racism against a Russian.

It's clear. Constant low blows and holding against the rules with no warnings and deductions.

3 low blows to a stoppage haha and a stop on the ropes not a count. The ref didn't follow the rules.
    Declined watching the replay before the announment.

Now all a sudden u don't like rules? U gtfoh.

Go ahead and compromise yourself for your guy winning. I won't lower myself to it.

And I am a fan of BOTH fighters. Read my history on Ward for 10 years on here.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast