English Español
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather vs. McGregor is reportedly a Done Deal for Aug. 26th in Las Vegas

Mayweather vs. McGregor is reportedly a Done Deal for Aug. 26th in Las Vegas

Various sources -- including Sports Illustrated and Rolling Stone magazines, and USA Today -- are reporting that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Connor McGregor have finally come to terms and that the fight will take place in Las Vegas on Aug. 26th. Still undecided is the venue, either the MGM Grand or the T-Mobile Arena across the street which sits on MGM property. The match will be contested under boxing rules and Mayweather protege Gervonta Davis will purportedly appear on the undercard.

Re: Mayweather vs. McGregor is reportedly a Done Deal for Aug. 26th in Las Vegas

I must admit I'd thought we never see it. But now must let reality set in officially.

A couple first thoughts...as much as I hate the fight and certainly other die hards like myself will say the same, I will certainly be buying the PPV. And those others who claim they won't be will do the same when fight day rolls around. And two, I see little hope for McGregor. My most likely scenario now is Floyd playing with him for two or three rounds before picking up the pace and getting a sensational looking ko in a very noncompetitive fight.

As many of you know, I have been wrong my share of times. I hope beyond all hope I am wrong again n my initial thoughts on how this one plays out.

Re: Mayweather vs. McGregor is reportedly a Done Deal for Aug. 26th in Las Vegas

I must admit I'd thought we never see it. But now must let reality set in officially.

A couple first thoughts...as much as I hate the fight and certainly other die hards like myself will say the same, I will certainly be buying the PPV. And those others who claim they won't be will do the same when fight day rolls around. And two, I see little hope for McGregor. My most likely scenario now is Floyd playing with him for two or three rounds before picking up the pace and getting a sensational looking ko in a very noncompetitive fight.

As many of you know, I have been wrong my share of times. I hope beyond all hope I am wrong again n my initial thoughts on how this one plays out.

Not a fan of this but there are greater problems in the world with which to be outraged. FM's last opponent, Berto, would probably starch McGregor quickly and make him look very amateurish, as if he'd never boxed before. Athletes in all sports at the elite level have a certain coordination and grace that I just don't think will be on display with McGregor. It's almost like Mayweather versus a regional toughman champ. I suppose the angle I like is that boxing will prevail in the boxing versus MMA inevitable debate. I cringed when Mercer got beat by Kimbo Slice (even a wartorn Mercer; though I think he got a certain revenge in KOing a UFC guy at like the 5 second mark, though it got little ink), and Toney being choked out by Randy something was hard to watch.

But promotionally it makes sense. Dana White, whatever you think of him, knows how to promote and the hybrid UFC versus boxer with boxing rules should break records. Certainly don't blame the parties involved for cashing in here. This is Ali versus the wrestler in Japan by a billion.
    Last edited by Domenic; 06-14-2017 at 07:16 PM.

This fight is not worth the grime beneath my fingernails after i finish changing my brake pads.
    Its not worth the corn husks i shuck off the ears of corn I grill along side various cuts of meat for lunch on the barbecue...

But will I watch to? ..sadly I must say yes even if I have to buy it.

Damn you Mayweather!

More details emerging:

The venue will be T-Mobile.

The fight will be contested at 154 pounds with 10-ounce gloves.

SHOWTIME PPV will televise. They haven't yet established a price.

More details emerging:

The venue will be T-Mobile.

The fight will be contested at 154 pounds with 10-ounce gloves.

SHOWTIME PPV will televise. They haven't yet established a price.

Thanks Arnek

Supply and demand. Can't hate on either guy.

Conor is hilarious and has charisma, Floyd doesn't so the build up will be fun.

Tho I won't buy it but will stream it.

Supply and demand. Can't hate on either guy.

Conor is hilarious and has charisma, Floyd doesn't so the build up will be fun.

Tho I won't buy it but will stream it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast