English Español
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canastota Memories and a Look Ahead to the 2018 IBHOF Induction Class

Re: Canastota Memories and a Look Ahead to the 2018 IBHOF Induction Class

Cooper was smokin in Atlanta!

Oh heavens yes but back about 12-15 years ago. Loved the white pizza and oily peppers at Graziano's. We would go just about every year back then and stay in Utica. And if you look at the list of big donors for the Pavilion, you will see my name next to Mando Ramos. I also contribute by voting for nominations. So I have stayed very close to the Hall.

I need to visit it again. It's on my bucket list along with a trip to Chicago and I think I can kill several birds with one stone and maybe get in the Rock and Roll Hall in Cleveland and the Football Halls (Canton and South Bend).

185879_335276606564291_1486744885_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kid Blast; 06-13-2017 at 04:21 PM.

No doubt, I'd highly recommend the visit to anyone. This is my 4th consecutive year making the trip and my goal is to make it every year from here on out. I am a little lucky in that I have lived in Rochester and now Buffalo the past few years so its not that far of a drive for me. Each time I goal there are memories made that will last a lifetime.

Absolutely fantastic account of your trip OU. Your passion for the sport shines through in your writing and vast knowledge. Cooper also had that epic battle with a prime, pre-Morrison Mercer, and prior to that he blistered the Canadian champion and Olympian, Willie de Witt, on his soil in wrecking ball fashion. Not sure Willie ever fought again, and I believe he became a lawyer. But sharing the ring with a hungry, ready Cooper inspired a change of professions for him. Then of course the Foreman fight, where he was coming off a cocaine bender. Although he matched up very poorly with Foreman.

Just great stuff man.

Absolutely fantastic account of your trip OU. Your passion for the sport shines through in your writing and vast knowledge. Cooper also had that epic battle with a prime, pre-Morrison Mercer, and prior to that he blistered the Canadian champion and Olympian, Willie de Witt, on his soil in wrecking ball fashion. Not sure Willie ever fought again, and I believe he became a lawyer. But sharing the ring with a hungry, ready Cooper inspired a change of professions for him. Then of course the Foreman fight, where he was coming off a cocaine bender. Although he matched up very poorly with Foreman, even without the bender. Cooper also fought Bowe and came out winging, but that was the ultra prime Bowe.

Just great stuff man.

Thanks Domenic, much appreciated. Cooper is an interesting guy to say the least and made for some fun fights in his career.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12