English Español

Thread: Possible FOY Bout in Pablo Cesar Cano-Fidel Maldonado Jr. on Friday on ESPN2

Possible FOY Bout in Pablo Cesar Cano-Fidel Maldonado Jr. on Friday on ESPN2

For those who only watch the big fights, I urge you to make sure you tune in this Friday to ESPN2 to watch the bout between Pablo Cesar Cano and Fidel Maldonado Jr.

Some years ago, Teddy Atlas proclaimed during round one of Mickey Ward-Emanuel Augustus to "call your friends call your family". He knew this would be special.

I can't guarantee Ward-Augustus but I guarantee action in Cano-Maldonado. And lots of action. It could too turn into something more like we saw that summer night in New Hampshire 16 years ago between Ward and Augustus.

Cano can only fight one way and that is by applying pressure, pressure and more pressure. He is an ultra aggressive pressure fighter and is more than willing to get hit to get in the kitchen of his opponent to do his work.

Maldonado has been involved in his share of wars (check out his FOY candidate fight against Amir Iman in 2015) and has a tendency to want to slug when he gets hit. And when he gets hurt, his instinct is to throw.

Neither Cano or Maldonado could be described as anything but action fighters and guess what they are matched together at very similar stages in their careers. Neither is in their prime and neither is well past their prime. This is evenly matched. I am so excited and think we are going to see something very special. Don't miss it, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Re: Possible FOY Bout in Pablo Cesar Cano-Fidel Maldonado Jr. on Friday on ESPN2

I made a mistake on the date. It is Saturday June 17th on ESPN2. So set those DVR's and after Ward-Kovalev II fire this one up. It will almost certainly be the fight of the night.

Re: Possible FOY Bout in Pablo Cesar Cano-Fidel Maldonado Jr. on Friday on ESPN2

Don't forget this fight tonight. Set the DVR and enjoy after Ward-Kovalev II. I give a personal guarantee this fight is can't miss and will be action packed given the styles of Cano and Maldonado. It will be a treat for fight fans and a great way to wrap up what should be an excellent day of fights.