English Español
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boston Celtics to Draft 1st... Championships Here We Come!

Administrator

Boston Celtics to Draft 1st... Championships Here We Come!

We were do for a run of good luck. Those of you old enough to remember Lenny and Reggie will recall the heartbreak of losing those young men to tragedy. Go Boston! Eight wins away from the next banner.

Re: Boston Celtics to Draft 1st... Championships Here We Come!

I am born and raised in Cleveland and use to listen to Joe Tait call Cavs games on the radio when I was a kid. Boxing is my first love but the Cavs are not far behind.

Go Cavs.

Administrator

Okay, I see how this is going Mr Bobcat. I'll see your LeBron James and raise you a Larry Bird.

Yeah, it's pretty evident we're still a player or two away from being considered one of the leagues dominant teams, but we're a scrappy lot. I like scrappy.

Game 1 to Cleveland.

Go Celtics!

Well 2-0 now but I am not going to gloat.

I will say that Tuesday I was nervously watching the lottery hoping that Boston would not end up with #1 overall. Of course, they did. Ainge is one of the best GM's in the business and a brilliant basketball mind. My thought was that Cleveland probably wins the series with ease but Ainge dissects very carefully everything that happens and uses that pick along with other assets to make Boston a much more formidable contender next year.

As a Cavs fan, I wanted Boston to fall in the 3 to 4 range and just use that pick. Now I see them packaging the assets for a star (George or Butler) and a dominant big. They get those two pieces they may be the team to beat.

Still a long way to go in the series. We learned last year what happens when a team thinks they have it won. Cleveland can't lose focus which was an issue during the regular season.

Administrator

Celtic Pride.

Series now Cleveland 2, Bostonians 1.

If I'm Danny Ainge, Markelle Fultz is now a Celtic. Kid is only 19 and has already stated he has every intention of being next year's MVP. I would also hope Danny stops publicly saying that he'll entertain all overs. Of course you will. That's your job. As for packaging, if we end up with a George or Butler and Fultz goes on to have a legendary career in a competitor's jersey, Danny and I will be suicidal. DON'T DO IT DANNY!

Administrator

Okay, so the season didn't end quite as well as I hoped. So you look for consolation.

This is about the best I can do:

Golden State and Cleveland have a combined record of 24-1 going into the finals. The one setback? Delivered by Boston.

Future once again looks bright.

Thank You Isaiah and Co. for the huge effort.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Okay, so the season didn't end quite as well as I hoped. So you look for consolation.

This is about the best I can do:

Golden State and Cleveland have a combined record of 24-1 going into the finals. The one setback? Delivered by Boston.

Future once again looks bright.

Thank You Isaiah and Co. for the huge effort.
    Dino, I will admit after game 3 I was nervous. Boston looked like a different team without Thomas.

And then game 4 began. In the second quarter, Cleveland was the quietest place in America.

My wife said at halftime I probably paced a few miles around the house.

They gave the Cavs a scare and a wakeup call. As a Cavs fan, I am telling myself moments before game 1 against the Warriors that they needed that wake up call and will be better in the long run. Man I hope I am right.

As for the Celtics, I think we have a rivalry brewing. Not only one this year but an unprotected lottery pick next year from Brooklyn (could be one again). And a stockade of further assets after that. It will be interesting to see what Ainge does. Personally, I hope he makes the pick this year and keeps building. I am hopeful the Cavs can get a few more years out of this LeBron era before being challenged in the east.

By the way, who are you pulling for in the Finals?

Administrator

I would make the most money with Cleveland. I bet the Celtics to win it all before the season started. So I hedged that ticket with Cleveland to win it all. Now I'm hedging that ticket with GS. The way I played it, I need either GS in 4, GS in 6, or Cleveland to win it all. GS in 5 or 7 very bad for Dino). I'm just trying not to get hurt at this point.

Administrator

NBA 2017-2018 Futures are out. Boston 3rd favorite behind only the two teams that are playing tonight. I sense I'm tearing up 😂 I'm so happy.

I can absolutely see that. Right now, Vegas is wagering that Boston makes a big move (Jimmy Butler or Paul George). It may not even involve this year's 1 but next year's New Jersey pick instead. An addition of a big time talent like that and another solid big, Cleveland and Boston will be waging quite a battle in next year's Eastern Conference Finals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast