English Español
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canelo Humiliates Chavez Jr. Can He Do the Same Thing to GGG?

Re: Canelo Humiliates Chavez Jr. Can He Do the Same Thing to GGG?

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    All of what you said is entirely possible...

I like to think that Golovkin will "Out Mexican" the Mexican.

I think Golovkin will stand right in front of Canelo like he did with Kasim Ouma.
    Trading bombs until someone either relents or is incapacitated.

If Canelo doesn't want to engage in an intense brawl...3G will simply keep cutting off the ring until there are no further options left.

But if pushed, Canelo wiil fight. He will dig into depths within his soul that he never even knew he had.

And it still won't be enough.

But at least Canelo will earn the respect of those who dont buy into his self proclaimed ascension to P4P status. (at least not in my opinion)

But he is pretty good, if he puts up a noble effort against Golovkin. Surely Canelo will gain worldwide acceptance in losing the hard way while Golovkin finally gets to deliver his "Big Drama Show" ! and Canelo turns a loss into a win.

Like Brook and Klitschko.

Besides the secretive, non advertised Ward vs Kovalev grudge rematch.....Golovkin vs Canelo is the only, other PPV I would buy this year.... ( and not stream)
    Well put. I like Canelo and I think he has good speed and combination punching. However I see past the bs that he is not a power puncher tho a thudding puncher whom uses accumulation.

He shoeshine so when throwing combos, and has slow plodding feet. He can't punch on the move. He slows down by the round .

Able says they don't believe Canelo has much power so instead of bludgeoning him to death by jab and body shots ggg will be right on him all night.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    All of what you said is entirely possible...

I like to think that Golovkin will "Out Mexican" the Mexican.

I think Golovkin will stand right in front of Canelo like he did with Kasim Ouma.
    Trading bombs until someone either relents or is incapacitated.

If Canelo doesn't want to engage in an intense brawl...3G will simply keep cutting off the ring until there are no further options left.

But if pushed, Canelo wiil fight. He will dig into depths within his soul that he never even knew he had.

And it still won't be enough.

But at least Canelo will earn the respect of those who dont buy into his self proclaimed ascension to P4P status. (at least not in my opinion)

But he is pretty good, if he puts up a noble effort against Golovkin. Surely Canelo will gain worldwide acceptance in losing the hard way while Golovkin finally gets to deliver his "Big Drama Show" ! and Canelo turns a loss into a win.

Like Brook and Klitschko.

Besides the secretive, non advertised Ward vs Kovalev grudge rematch.....Golovkin vs Canelo is the only, other PPV I would buy this year.... ( and not stream)
    Well put. I like Canelo and I think he has good speed and combination punching. However I see past the bs that he is not a power puncher tho a thudding puncher whom uses accumulation.

He shoeshine so when throwing combos, and has slow plodding feet. He can't punch on the move. He slows down by round .

Able says they don't believe Canelo has much power so instead of bludgeoning him to death by jab and body shots ggg will be right on him all night.

I don't think Saunders has a really great chance against Triple.

Billy probably won't be able to perform to his best under the pressure that Triple will bring.

Furthermore, it's unlikely Billy hits hard enough to earn Gennady's respect and stop him coming forward; with that pressure.

And . . . .

As, Jacobs occasionally did and showed when he fought Triple, if you cant;

A) Hit Golovkin hard enough to earn his respect.

B) Make him hesitate.

C) Stop him coming forward at will.

Triple then can easily impose his will, and therefore becomes a very difficult opponent to beat.

As for Canelo - and aside from the fact that Canelo V Chavez was basically a money grab - I think his chances (against Triple) have probably improved from what they were previously.

But I guess one of the big questions about and Canelo V Golovkin fight really is . . .

How would Canelo (or even Chavez Jr.) have fared against the (light heavyweight and well skilled) Jacobs, that Triple faced?

It probably doesn't need saying, but . . .

Canelo will need to bring more than Jacobs brought in his fight with Golovkin, in order to beat Triple.

Additionally, Brook and Jacobs (for Golovkin) seems like far better preparation for any fight with Saunders or Canelo . . .

Than, say . . .

Whom Canelo (and Saunders) has recently fought, may be preparation for Triple.

Finally, gotta say . . . .

(Subject change) Here in Brizzy, QLD Australia a few weeks back, Pac didn't look too excited and/or interested in fighting Horn.

Sure Pac is always polite.

But, when you look past all the niceties, it's almost like Pac is treating Horn like he's an Uber driver.

Cheers,

Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Agreed.
    They have fed Canelo so much hype he refers to himself as "the Canelo" and says such smartsss things like "luck is for the mediocre" which will all ultimately end up in Canelo crashing and burning in the ggg fight. Sanchez will translate the disrespect to ggg and ggg will arm himself for business, expect Canelo to be bludgeoned to a stoppage or survives a debilitating beating.

Chavez was a drained zombie and this is yet another example of Canelo's power not being able to hurt guys who aren't little or old, damaged.

GGG's height, reach, power, jab and shifting and defense will create a nightmare for Canelo as he won't be landing anything.

If Canelo could not KO a "drained zombie," how can he possibly hope to beat--much less stop-- GGG? All Canelo did was follow around a moving big bag and hit it at will with combos and body work, but he never really went after Junior. Yes, he tried to lure him into traps so he could counter him, but that will not work with GGG. "...yet another example of Canelo's power not being able to hurt guys who aren't little or old, damaged." Well said.

Jacobs is far better preparation for Canelo than is Junior for GGG,

Advanced Users

The ginger bread boy will shock the world. This is a Big Money Oscar-PacMan-like scrap all over again all these years later. How soon do we forget.

Canelo by slicing and dicing 3G will get a stoppage in late rounds. Holla!

Advanced Users

The "theatre of the unexpected" is all over this thing. Pure sadness and disappointment for the experts' odds on favorite It will bring. Tricky as heck is a boksing ring. The underdog can make the champ look like an old ding-a-ling. Holla!

Advanced Users

Magic Jhnson has offered for this scrap to take place at Dodger stadium. I'll be there hiding in plain sight with my pink fedora on. And when I win all that dough from betting on Canelo, I donate half my winnings to halt breast cancer. Holla!

Shocking to me that this fight did over 900,000 buys. There are really that many suckers out there with money to throw away? Nobody with even a little knowledge about the fight game gave Chavez any chance. Canelo is in over his head with Triple G. Fighting softies and nobody's is no way to prep for the biggest fight of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Shocking to me that this fight did over 900,000 buys. There are really that many suckers out there with money to throw away? Nobody with even a little knowledge about the fight game gave Chavez any chance. Canelo is in over his head with Triple G. Fighting softies and nobody's is no way to prep for the biggest fight of your life.
    Yep, anyone with a boxing iq knew 164 was waaaaaaaaaay to low for jcc to be able to compete as he would be a drained zombie . You could see him struggling physically and mentally.

Look at DLH, he could barely move or throw and worse, mentally process, being stopped on his stool in his last fight of a hof career, never had he looked like that, what an awful and terrible thing to do in this sport having guys drain their bodies to be unhealthy to fight.

I said the same thing about Canelo fighting the last 3 fights will not prepare you for GGG. You cant take batting practice for a year then step up to the plate in the big leagues. He will be out of his element for a few rounds and it will show.

Add into the fact that GGG holds every advantage. I dont give credit to shoe shining combinations that look pretty but are harmless as he has to take so much off to get them there quicker.

This is the pros, not the amateurs and those combos will not do anything to deter GGG.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Whaddup tR? Three G has been fighting jello. Now he will get an arse thrashing from Canelo. Hehehe!

One of these days soon before later, I aim to start my for-pay poetry contest. And I hope you have your poetic best when Canelo proves to be the best. Holla!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast