English Español
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacquaio-Horn Announcement Soon?

Re: Pacquaio-Horn Announcement Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    I see both sides. (Although leaning heavily towards our Bobcat). We wish to continue to deliver the best written recording of boxing history possible. From the day we started until now no one (and Storm, I mean no one) can hold a candle to the individuals who have written in this space. The rest are all playing for second. Now that being said, we owe it to the elite who write for us, the Fernandez', the Hausers, the Matt McGrains, the ghost of Pat Putnam's past and the rest of the monsters in our stable to deliver the best possible reading experience we are capable of in order to uphold our end of the bargain. Now, with that said, we are shuffling some pieces around. I added a new hire last week and will be adding one more as soon as we can find the right fit. I left the office at 9:35 pm local time after a meeting on this very topic.

Lastly Storm, we do get it right more than anyone else. Do you think we would put a woman who has never fought in a boxing ring on the cover of our magazine ahead of much more deserving women? Many more deserving men?

Let's have this conversation mid year. For what's best for boxing, we are going to force all the other players to raise their game considerably, or get run over. Seriously. I told those in the appropriate positions that if you are not up to the task at hand, leave. Beginning tomorrow morning, my fingerprints will be all over everything with the intent to make the basket of sites we have number 1 in their respective areas. I'm up for the challenge.

Yep agree - TSS gets it right way more than it gets it wrong.

Yep, knew you would side with OBC over me . . .

"I say that as I (smirk and) raise my hand and place it to the back of my worried/sad forehead . . . . in complete, Shakespearean, theatrical, and mock, disappointment".

Tsk, tsk.

Didn't your mother ever tell you; you should never take sides.

And, yes some of the writers you mention do deliver.

Not all though; especially considering how the industry has changed and also how long you have had this platform in the same/current state.

Actually - truth be told - there is (probably) only a handful of paid writers that contribute here whom (really) know their craft, are checking their work, and are not simply (primarily) cashing in, in a way where it is obvious.

Still, this is your baby.

I agree also that - as you say - this forum (and its posters) has - bar none - paid writers included - probably some of the most informed boxing opinions and insights.

And to that I say - I have thoroughly enjoyed utterly dominating them all, keeping them in line (where and when appropriate) for the sake of TSS's integrity, and - in general - ruling as an overlord; whom leads by example.

Ha, ha, ha, ha !!!!!!!

And, whether you believe that or not (and I know you do big {heavy hitting} fella); please give me so leeway here DDV.

After all . . .

You know I just love to joke/play around.

OK, with all that said, and with all the fluffy stuff/comments pushed to one side.

Lets get down to biznezz . . . . .

Please - "HH from way back" (and that's a real compliment) - let me say this . . . .

If I were in your position (and, the fact of the matter is that I am; in several other fraternities) I would hope that someone observant (someone whom possessed, not just an understanding of the raised/other issues - but also, knowledge of the actual solutions; someone, say, like, our beloved Storm) stepped up to the plate and/or came forward.

And that is all that's happening here.

What's more . . .

With it all and as they stepped up to the plate (rather than they simply remain quiet, agree, and nod heads; as some personal-agenda-possums can do), I would prefer that they came forward with their criticism; even if they didn't highlight the easily resolvable issues - those that I mentioned in my above posts . . . .

Of course - with that all said - it therefore also stands to reason that (particularly for any business/other person; especially those whom are prepared to meaningfully listen on matters that clearly/directly relate to their own stated objectives, financial outlays, and investments); if the same people stepping up were to actually do it . . . . and step up to the plate - come forward - and they actually did it without just solely carping . . .

Say, like . . . .

If they did it - whilst also making themselves available to advise what (issue, and also) the solution is.

Well, in that case (which is precisely what we have here); and even if they had not contributed so reliably to the forum . . . .

In that case one would have to agree that's (constructive criticism that's) all the more better.

Because when people do both (that is; they raise issues and also offer the potential to provide solutions) . . . .

Well, then (and this stands whether or not those in receipt of the raised issues can themselves meaningfully and openly respond to and/or tackle the raised issues head on that have been fairly {and in this case with user case examples} raised) . . . . then, in that case - and I am happy to hear reasons why it may not be so- but in that case I can without bias state that I then think its reasonably safe to claim that (every)one then should know that they have witnessed - not simply a complaint plucked from the air for the sake of it - but instead, an example of genuinely constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism that can only assist.

Constructive criticism of the like that can only - provided, that is, that it is taken seriously - assist to achieve the stated objectives - including those (stated objectives we have discussed) pertaining to the aforementioned web-based financial outlays, interests, and investments in relation to TSS and BC.

Additionally and with the above as a backdrop; I should also say that knowing what your objectives with the TSS and also the BC, are; it would be remiss of me not to also state that - particularly in 2017 and for as long as the aforementioned issues have been alive and technically/otherwise persisting . . . . .

The fact of the matter is that the abovementioned content, technical, and other issues (despite how long they have persisted in their various forms) can - in the same way as how straightforward their solutions really are - easily be seen to unnecessarily detract from the abovementioned and website related objectives.

That said, knowing you like I do DDV, knowing how easy you take advise, and knowing how much you love the sport - give to it - and also knowing how ambitious and thorough you genuinely are; I know (especially now that these issues have surfaced and been lightly detailed here within the forum) that you will address them.

Finally, and once again, please let me know if you need any assistance.

As, despite how it may seem otherwise, the fact of the matter is . . . .

I am a simply fantastic supervisor whom - amongst all of my many skills - can (believe it or not) also provide solid, accurate, and (sometimes) expensive resolutions.

Furthermore, I can do this for extended periods of time, and (unlike some in the industry that write and/or box) I can also do it without any illicit assistance.

The true and maximum extent to which I can perform the above skills and feats is unknown to even me, as I'm that fantastic and eternal.

So for now, lets just say I can do as above stated for - at least - as long as Hauser his dear self can run with a questionable PacQueen(or other "interesting")Tale, and - without almost any scrutiny at all - be allowed to publish (and consistently be paid for) all his similar variants of it .

Aside from that . . .

Your Xmas - how was it?

Mine was spent in Germany, and whilst there I managed to see a young/hungry Eastern Bloc fighter whom - if all progresses as investors and expectations dictate - looks to explode onto the world scene possibly this, or maybe the next, year; whom can only be described as someone whom - arguably - possesses the ability to, perhaps, become one of the best Eastern Bloc (or otherwise) for a long, long, time.

Exciting times.

Anyway, glad to hear you're;

A) Prepared to positively address and respond to my constructive criticism; as I love this site and what you have created here.

B) Up for the challenge.

As anything less would be less than what TSS and we all deserve.

Cheers,

Storm(Dominator)Centre

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    I see both sides. (Although leaning heavily towards our Bobcat). We wish to continue to deliver the best written recording of boxing history possible. From the day we started until now no one (and Storm, I mean no one) can hold a candle to the individuals who have written in this space. The rest are all playing for second. Now that being said, we owe it to the elite who write for us, the Fernandez', the Hausers, the Matt McGrains, the ghost of Pat Putnam's past and the rest of the monsters in our stable to deliver the best possible reading experience we are capable of in order to uphold our end of the bargain. Now, with that said, we are shuffling some pieces around. I added a new hire last week and will be adding one more as soon as we can find the right fit. I left the office at 9:35 pm local time after a meeting on this very topic.

Lastly Storm, we do get it right more than anyone else. Do you think we would put a woman who has never fought in a boxing ring on the cover of our magazine ahead of much more deserving women? Many more deserving men?

Let's have this conversation mid year. For what's best for boxing, we are going to force all the other players to raise their game considerably, or get run over. Seriously. I told those in the appropriate positions that if you are not up to the task at hand, leave. Beginning tomorrow morning, my fingerprints will be all over everything with the intent to make the basket of sites we have number 1 in their respective areas. I'm up for the challenge.
    TSS rocks! Holla!

Administrator

Radam!!! And of course you are correct. Be back this evening with some insights. A minute or two from walking into a meeting. Going to be entertaining suggestions.