English Español
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacquaio-Horn Announcement Soon?

Pacquaio-Horn Announcement Soon?

Social media was abuzz this weekend with a rumored bout between Manny Pacquaio and Jeff Horn being nearly finalized. The fight reportedly will take place in April in Australia.

Horn is a solid guy who actually somewhat reminds me of Pacquiao's last opponent in Jessie Vargas. Horn is rawer than Vargas but may have more upside. That said, it is hard to see a fight between Pacquiao and Horn playing out much different than Pacquiao-Vargas. This appears to be a nice payday for Pac as well as a chance to further market himself in a different part of the world.

Further rumors are that Pacquiao has made it known that this will be his only fight in 2017. With Pac passing on the Crawford fight (never really seemed to be a serious option), it seems to me that Pac is content to bide his time fighting guys he will be heavily favored against until a certain fighter comes out of retirement...

Re: Pacquaio-Horn Announcement Soon?

Given all the other top (and also a tier below top {that are still more proven/known quantities than Horn}) class welterweights currently campaigning that - if this is all true and eventuates - Pac has looked past . . . .

It will be interesting to see what public outcry (ah-la Mayweather V Berto) - both here in the forum and elsewhere - results.

Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    Given all the other top (and also a tier below top {that are still more proven/known quantities than Horn}) class welterweights currently campaigning that - if this is all true and eventuates - Pac has looked past . . . .

It will be interesting to see what public outcry (ah-la Mayweather V Berto) - both here in the forum and elsewhere - results.

Storm.

Not as much by a long shot. Arum has greased the skids by talking about Cher's Final Tour by Pac. Down Under is a good one with which to begin. Maybe the UK next. And then the US. Or Dubai and end it in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Blast View Post
    Not as much by a long shot. Arum has greased the skids by talking about Cher's Final Tour by Pac. Down Under is a good one with which to begin. Maybe the UK next. And then the US. Or Dubai and end it in the Philippines.
    Good (and most likely a highly accurate) prediction/response.

Moving on, and I know this is not your responsibility KB, . . . . but geez . . . .

Someone (with IT, web, technical, and PHP skills) needs to look at TSS website.

Between;

A) The way the forum post functionality has changed - possibly improved a bit (but only for a while) - but then declined; especially in terms of ease of use (and I am not talking about the image verification).

B) How the main website itself often noticeably alternates between a; PC and mobile/other instances.

Based on the feedback I alone receive, you have to say, it's certainly not;

A) A professional/good look.

B) The best way to entice forum posters to join and/or remain.

C) Measuring up to the competition on a first inspection basis the way it used to.

Still, warts and all, I still love TSS.

But the question has to be asked . . . whose in the wheelhouse?

Cheers,

Storm

Administrator

As of 15 minutes ago, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    As of 15 minutes ago, I am.

It's a credit to you that you took the last post constructively.

In response I say . . .

A) Merry Xmas and happy New Year.

B) Well, you know where I am.

C) Let me know if you need to discuss anything DDV.

We must not let "TSS Ship" falter - or even be assumed to be perceived to be anything less than the 1st class boxing site/forum it can be.

Cheers,

Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Blast View Post
    Cher indeed.

I don't think Macau is out of the question, either. I guess it depends on Pac's opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    It's a credit to you that you took the last post constructively.

In response I say . . .

A) Merry Xmas and happy New Year.

B) Well, you know where I am.

C) Let me know if you need to discuss anything DDV.

We must not let "TSS Ship" falter - or even be assumed to be perceived to be anything less than the 1st class boxing site/forum it can be.

Cheers,

Storm.

I must say I do not see the TSS ship faltering at all. The best site for insight as well as unique prospective on the sport. Also, far and away best forum with knowledgeable posters who respect each other's opinions.

Back on topic, Arum is meeting with Horn's people this week followed by a meeting with Pac. The fight seems likely. The question is whether it will be PPV in US or another outlet? Very hard sell on PPV even with a strong understanding card for a multitude of reasons, interesting to see how it plays out.

Well, OBC . . . .

Despite how much I love TSS (which is why I spoke up) . . . . . .

And, with all due respect to your post (and as much as I love TSS) . . . .

The fact of the matter is that it's clear that in (the very least) the following (resolvable) issues exist;

A) Forum activity is down and/or nowhere what it used to be.

B) Even aside from those that take the time to construct an email and/or carp to me about it; several of the other previously mentioned aspects of web/other functionality can also (easily) be improved.

C) Some of the article's delivered could also do with a once over and check prior to publication.

D) Greater *attention (and respect) could be given to those that do write/deliver solid material, including that push the forum reads counts up.

For *instance, people like D2, yourself, and of course Kid Blast (Ted.)

Still love this place (and you) though.

But, at the end of the day it would be wrong not to speak up.

Just saying.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Cheers,

Storm.

Groovy choon right here folks !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWDrmnvddqs

Administrator

I see both sides. (Although leaning heavily towards our Bobcat). We wish to continue to deliver the best written recording of boxing history possible. From the day we started until now no one (and Storm, I mean no one) can hold a candle to the individuals who have written in this space. The rest are all playing for second. Now that being said, we owe it to the elite who write for us, the Fernandez', the Hausers, the Matt McGrains, the ghost of Pat Putnam's past and the rest of the monsters in our stable to deliver the best possible reading experience we are capable of in order to uphold our end of the bargain. Now, with that said, we are shuffling some pieces around. I added a new hire last week and will be adding one more as soon as we can find the right fit. I left the office at 9:35 pm local time after a meeting on this very topic.

Lastly Storm, we do get it right more than anyone else. Do you think we would put a woman who has never fought in a boxing ring on the cover of our magazine ahead of much more deserving women? Many more deserving men?

Let's have this conversation mid year. For what's best for boxing, we are going to force all the other players to raise their game considerably, or get run over. Seriously. I told those in the appropriate positions that if you are not up to the task at hand, leave. Beginning tomorrow morning, my fingerprints will be all over everything with the intent to make the basket of sites we have number 1 in their respective areas. I'm up for the challenge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast