English Español
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dilemma of Manny Pacquiao

The Dilemma of Manny Pacquiao

From Plate Coverage: Would love to know what educated fight fans think...

The Dilemma of Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao is a proselytizing homophobe who disseminates his bigotry with self-righteous piety and a beatific grin.

Manny Pacquiao is an unrelentingly generous man. He has given untold millions to feed, educate, house and heal his countrymen. He cares deeply for the poor, the vulnerable, the disenfranchised, the dispossessed... (Read More)

Re: The Dilemma of Manny Pacquiao

Das a whole lotta smack u typed.

Like a lot of things in life, you have to compartmentalize. I can separate the “politician” from the boxer and enjoy what he does in the ring and ignore what he says outside of it.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by larueboenig View Post
    Like a lot of things in life, you have to compartmentalize. I can separate the “politician” from the boxer and enjoy what he does in the ring and ignore what he says outside of it.
    Ditto! Holla!

It's true (compartmentalization). I just found it much easier to do when Floyd was the bad guy. It was so straightforward: He's a lousy human being, but an amazing fighter. I'll loathe the man, and admire the skill. With Pacquiao, it seems more complicated (to me). If he was just some shitheel, it would be easier--but he's a genuinely kind and decent guy (who happens to also be self-righteous bigot).

Ah well. As boxing fans, we're used to compartmentalizing.

Or we can admire their skill.

You may not share his views, but you shouldn't let that rub off on your next judgement of his boxing

I don't see any difference between Floyd and Manny. Both have good traits, and their bad attributes have been so distorted , they have become caricatures of demons masquerading as human beings. Manny professes the virtue of a murdering tyrant, proclaiming that his blood thirsty president has been annointed by Almighty God to visit his unquenchable wrath against dealers and drug abusers in the form of an immediate execution when apprehended.

While Floyd has been convicted of domestic violence against women who (for the most part) still spend a great deal of time around Floyd and his family and seem to be the subject of extensive footage during his family get-togethers.

I'll let God judge between them... I don't feel its my place to rate either one on a scale of who is supposedly the most evil person, or who is the most godly,...and neither do I much care. I'm trying to keep focused on how I live my own life.
    I have no heaven or hell for either one....but I wouldn't mind seeing the rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I don't see any difference between Floyd and Manny. Both have good traits, and their bad attributes have been so distorted , they have become caricatures of demons masquerading as human beings. Manny professes the virtue of a murdering tyrant, proclaiming that his blood thirsty president has been annointed by Almighty God to visit his unquenchable wrath against dealers and drug abusers in the form of an immediate execution when apprehended.

While Floyd has been convicted of domestic violence against women who (for the most part) still spend a great deal of time around Floyd and his family and seem to be the subject of extensive footage during his family get-togethers.

I'll let God judge between them... I don't feel its my place to rate either one on a scale of who is supposedly the most evil person, or who is the most godly,...and neither do I much care. I'm trying to keep focused on how I live my own life.
    I have no heaven or hell for either one....but I wouldn't mind seeing the rematch.
    Amen to that.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Amen to that.
    I will give it a F-men. The P-Islands Prez is never going to coon to nobody. The criminals are on the run. Transquility is coming to the P-Islands. No hate, but long live the Prez and the honorable Senator MP. Best wishes to Money May. But he cannot carry a spit bucket for ________. Holla!

Advanced Users

The Prez of the P-Islands just waved bye-bye to the Yanks. Holla!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast