English Español
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Floyd Have The Right To Tell 3G To Step Up? The Definitive Analysis & Final Word On Whom Cherry Picks & Mayweather Detracts The Most.

Re: Does Floyd Have The Right To Tell 3G To Step Up? The Definitive Analysis & Final Word On Whom Cherry Picks & Mayweather Detracts The Most.

Working two jobs again Storm and one of them is physical as hell.... but no complaints I need the cash, otherwise its all good, I still monitor the TSS regularly, but they don't even allow cell phones on my second 3rd shift gig, they are total slave drivers with a supervisor who patrols the floor regularly and bellows out tales about how he made it to management by pulling himself up by his bootstraps and working long hours under punishing conditions. While threatening to send slackers home early if they drag their feet...(Don't ask...Lol)

But yeah ....Floyd will always be judged by a longer measuring stick...at least for another generation.

Re: Does Floyd Have The Right To Tell 3G To Step Up? The Definitive Analysis & Final Word On Whom Cherry Picks & Mayweather Detracts The Most.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Working two jobs again Storm and one of them is physical as hell.... but no complaints I need the cash, otherwise its all good, I still monitor the TSS regularly, but they don't even allow cell phones on my second 3rd shift gig, they are total slave drivers with a supervisor who patrols the floor regularly and bellows out tales about how he made it to management by pulling himself up by his bootstraps and working long hours under punishing conditions. While threatening to send slackers home early if they drag their feet...(Don't ask...Lol)

But yeah ....Floyd will always be judged by a longer measuring stick...at least for another generation.
    Yep, in another life, I have worked for a few guys like that.

Good luck with them - they're real "special".

Actually, one guy I used to work with like that that I have never forgotten used to tell us fantastic stories about how he fared in WW2 or the Vietnam war.

The stories were hilarious for several reasons.

Including how incredibly unbelievable they were - how they never chronologically, historically or otherwise made sense (fighter planes from Vietnam in WW2 scenarios etc), and also how their author had no idea how much we knew all this, but still listened.

Sound familiar?

Anyway, one of his war stories was so wild that one day I blew all our covers by erupting in laughter . . . . and that story goes a little like this . . . enjoy . . .

This (McGyver come James Bond come Mission Impossible) dude was (allegedly) flying a *Spitfire plane that was being attacked from the rear by the enemy - but the front mounted pilot with him got shot in the head and apparently the "only" thing this McGyverJamesBondMissionImpossible super hero could do then was to (this is where the story gets real special) climb out on the wing (all, as the enemies were firing at him) and straighten out the barrel of the plane's gun (which was recessed into each wing) so they could shoot straight again.

You see (according to the story) it was due to them - only moments previous to when his co-pilot was shot - single handedly shooting so many enemies in a dogfight that their guns got too hot and started to droop, resulting in them losing the huge advantage they had previously gained in air combat due to how much they were Top Gun-like legends.

(Even at that stage, the story was already remarkable (and so hard not to laugh at that you often had to often look away as it was being told - due to how much you were unsure you had complete control over your facial expressions) but what followed was - even though it proved to be more than I could bear and ultimately blew our covers - pure Gold).

So, as McGyverJamesBondMissionImpossible is dodging bullets out on the wing of his fighter plane whilst it has no pilot and they're surrounded by angry enemies that have all just seen their compatriots killed by these air force Top Guns . . . . he unscrews the barrel of the drooping gun - puts another in its place (because he just happens to have the replacement on him) - does it all without being shot and harmed, and also without the plane losing control - then once the gun barrel problem is resolved he quickly makes his way back into the cockpit - where he immediately performs a big backward loop and kills all those on his tail and around him.

Just like that.

A few hours later back at the air force base he is then awarded with a medal for bravery.

My God, over the years, you have no idea how much we have all laughed recounting that story.

Over the years (as suspected) we found out that the plane (*I think he claimed it was a Spitfire, but it may have not been a Spitfire, as I can't recall all the stories' details properly anymore) in question was never in the war the story specified and that - even if it was - apparently climbing out on the wing and replacing the gun barrel from that position - even if the plane were on the ground - would be impossible.

Anyway, don't work too hard and fight the good (smart) fight.

Cheers,

Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    Yep, in another life, I have worked for a few guys like that.

Good luck with them - they're real "special".

Actually, one guy I used to work with like that that I have never forgotten used to tell us fantastic stories about how he fared in WW2 or the Vietnam war.

The stories were hilarious for several reasons.

Including how incredibly unbelievable they were - how they never chronologically, historically or otherwise made sense (fighter planes from Vietnam in WW2 scenarios etc), and also how their author had no idea how much we knew all this, but still listened.

Sound familiar?

Anyway, one of his war stories was so wild that one day I blew all our covers by erupting in laughter . . . . and that story goes a little like this . . . enjoy . . .

This (McGyver come James Bond come Mission Impossible) dude was (allegedly) flying a *Spitfire plane that was being attacked from the rear by the enemy - but the front mounted pilot with him got shot in the head and apparently the "only" thing this McGyverJamesBondMissionImpossible super hero could do then was to (this is where the story gets real special) climb out on the wing (all, as the enemies were firing at him) and straighten out the barrel of the plane's gun (which was recessed into each wing) so they could shoot straight again.

You see (according to the story) it was due to them - only moments previous to when his co-pilot was shot - single handedly shooting so many enemies in a dogfight that their guns got too hot and started to droop, resulting in them losing the huge advantage they had previously gained in air combat due to how much they were Top Gun-like legends.

(Even at that stage, the story was already remarkable (and so hard not to laugh at that you often had to often look away as it was being told - due to how much you were unsure you had complete control over your facial expressions) but what followed was - even though it proved to be more than I could bear and ultimately blew our covers - pure Gold).

So, as McGyverJamesBondMissionImpossible is dodging bullets out on the wing of his fighter plane whilst it has no pilot and they're surrounded by angry enemies that have all just seen their compatriots killed by these air force Top Guns . . . . he unscrews the barrel of the drooping gun - puts another in its place (because he just happens to have the replacement on him) - does it all without being shot and harmed, and also without the plane losing control - then once the gun barrel problem is resolved he quickly makes his way back into the cockpit - where he immediately performs a big backward loop and kills all those on his tail and around him.

Just like that.

A few hours later back at the air force base he is then awarded with a medal for bravery.

My God, over the years, you have no idea how much we have all laughed recounting that story.

Over the years (as suspected) we found out that the plane (*I think he claimed it was a Spitfire, but it may have not been a Spitfire, as I can't recall all the stories' details properly anymore) in question was never in the war the story specified and that - even if it was - apparently climbing out on the wing and replacing the gun barrel from that position - even if the plane were on the ground - would be impossible.

Anyway, don't work too hard and fight the good (smart) fight.

Cheers,

Storm.

Thanks Storm .... I needed a laugh. ...that was a very humorous story...Just got back from my 3rd shift job and currently clocking into my first shift work at home gig.

We finished our work 30 minutes early on the docks......when I walked by the supervisors "tower" all three of them asked me what I was doing ...i said "we got done early and nobody needs any help...so you can clock me out if you want"..

They looked at me with shock and advised me "around hear if you ask to clock out, and we clock you out.....it'll be your last day on the job!"

I stayed till the shift ended.

apparently I have more to learn about the blue collar labor culture. But I find it invigorating, I feel strong as an ox since I started working there and the accompanying chaos of doing grunt work has rekindled some of my deep seated Bohemian desires .... too bad it's only Wednesday.

Thanks again for the funny story.

remember when old school fighters fought guys above their division. Greb, Walker all fought light heavies and even heavyweights while weighing in at or around their welter and middle limits.

Walker vs Greb was the biggest fight of the day, Greb won a close decision.

Tiger Flowers then split dec Greb twice. With Walker beating Flowers twice after that.

Greb,Walker and Flowers were beating up light heavies in between their fights.

The good ole days.

I go waaaaay back but not that far

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Blast View Post
    I go waaaaay back but not that far
    Greb vs Walker is like Cain vs Abel to most.

You trying to smoke me out with all this talk about Greb?

Greb V Walker will forever echo through eternity.

And it will only those few fortunate and chosen souls that have been touched by the will and hand of God such that they are blessed with talent, determination, uniqueness, and skill, that will ever get close to experiencing what it must have been like to have been truly immortal in the context of walking the earth in the guise of a boxing overlord.

Cheers,

Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    You trying to smoke me out with all this talk about Greb?

Greb V Walker will forever echo through eternity.

And it will only those few fortunate and chosen souls that have been touched by the will and hand of God such that they are blessed with talent, determination, uniqueness, and skill, that will ever get close to experiencing what it must have been like to have been truly immortal in the context of walking the earth in the guise of a boxing overlord.

Cheers,

Storm.

Well said.

Part 3 now added within the main body of original thread and post #2.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Storm.

"Actually, one guy I used to work with like that that I have never forgotten used to tell us fantastic stories about how he fared in WW2 or the Vietnam war."

One moron I knew named Scotty-- he was about 30 years old, owned 3 Pit bulls, and was a bit of a drifter--used to tell us how he fought the good fight in Belfast wherein he would quickly change his accent to an Irish one. Then, he would reminisce about how he heard the US Bombers coming over Tokyo in 1944-5. Stark raving mad. He was hired as a short order chef at some pool hall here in town and burned the place down with his first burger.

I swear by all that is holy this is true.

This all sad, why not simply post the new part now rather than include it in another?

http://www.ringtv.com/467273-gary-ru...VbpEQk.twitter

The new way thanks, in part, to Floyd. Make the most money you can with the least amount of risk to your well being.
    Last edited by Kid Blast; 10-06-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast