English Español
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Concussion: Now It’s Boxing’s Turn

Advanced Users

Re: Concussion: Now It’s Boxing’s Turn

Wow! I think that Big Pharma and the media are beginning to trivialize CTE nowadays for the next big-money making medicine that the FDA will approved to so-called prevent athletes, beaten housewives, beaten children and the likes from catching CTE.

Big Pharma, the FDA and greedy, none-caring allopathic doktors ought to chillax with their 1,001 tricks to scare the scary and make that moolah with Frankensteinized tricks.

Who is watching the discovers of CTE on diagnosing every dead person suffeing CTE from even a leaf flying upside the noggin.

I have no doubt that many get CTE. But I also have no doubt of Big Phamarma and allopathic doktors' TsOTT and corruption and schemes to make money. Holla!

This piece has went absolutely VIRAL! My count has it at 37,000! Why?

And still another British Boxer fails a brain scan.

Former Central Area super-lightweight champion Kofi Yates has had to face the cold hard fact that he will never box again after failing a routine brain scan earlier this year.

He was advised by doctors that to continue boxing would be a risk to his health longterm and so with the advice of the medical professionals and his family, he has decided to call time on his 14-2 career.

After 14 years of being a boxer, Kofi says it was a very hard decision to make, but will now pursue other job paths, and says he will remain in boxing in some capacity to help pass on his experience.

By: VTmbaHacker  on May 26, 2017, 12:22 PM | 16 comments

NYTimes has just done a piece on Don Horton being diagnosed with CTE. Heavy topic but there were some interesting points to be made:
    •Don Horton, while a football lifer was not a highly touted player who made it at the top levels - "He had played for Wittenberg University, a Division III power in Ohio"

•He was definitely from the era of 'tough guy football', I wonder if that 15 number is even a bit low. - ""He would say: 'We didn't call them concussions. We called them getting your bell rung,'" Maura Horton said. "And I'd ask him how often that happened, and he said: 'Probably like 15 times. We just played through them.'"

•I wonder how many more cases of this we will start to see and how low it will go, high school? - "People read the C.T.E. stories on the N.F.L. level because it's been so highly publicized, but I don't think people see it as something the average person gets," Maura Horton said. "But there are more people who are going to be affected who played in the N.C.A.A. than played in the N.F.L. That's what I told our girls: It's going to be average guys like your dad."

Also, this shocker: http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...ll-concussions

And this: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...al-bouts-study
    Last edited by Kid Blast; 05-31-2017 at 10:23 AM.

https://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...sing-his-mind/

A brutally frank article about CTE that includes mention of boxing.

As much as we appreciate the Boxers, we need to find a cure for CTE or “we can just stick our heads in the sand and call them “Punchy”.
    Last edited by Kid Blast; 06-22-2017 at 05:47 PM.

NOTICE OF AMENDED TIMELINE IN THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT OF CLASS ACTION AND FAIRNESS HEARING FOR MEDICAL MONITORING AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS

you previously received notice of this Class Action via email on January 9, 2017, or you requested to be kept informed of the status of the Settlement.

On May 23, 2017, the Court issued a Scheduling Order which amended the timeline in the class action lawsuit called In re National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation, Case No. 1:13-cv-09116 (N.D. Ill.). It is pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

This Scheduling Order can be viewed at the Settlement Website, www.collegeathleteconcussionsettlement.com and extends the deadline to request exclusion from or object to the Settlement to August 4, 2017, and rescheduled the Fairness Hearing for September 22, 2017, at 10 a.m. at the Everett M. Dirksen United States Courthouse for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 219 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois.

If you have any questions,

Visit: www.collegeathleteconcussionsettlement.com;
    Call: 1-877-209-9898
    Write: In re: NCAA Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation, c/o Gilardi & Co. LLC, PO Box 43414, Providence, RI 02940-3414

I received this since I played football in Illinois

NOTICE OF AMENDED TIMELINE IN THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT OF CLASS ACTION AND FAIRNESS HEARING FOR MEDICAL MONITORING AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS

you previously received notice of this Class Action via email on January 9, 2017, or you requested to be kept informed of the status of the Settlement.

On May 23, 2017, the Court issued a Scheduling Order which amended the timeline in the class action lawsuit called In re National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation, Case No. 1:13-cv-09116 (N.D. Ill.). It is pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

This Scheduling Order can be viewed at the Settlement Website, www.collegeathleteconcussionsettlement.com and extends the deadline to request exclusion from or object to the Settlement to August 4, 2017, and rescheduled the Fairness Hearing for September 22, 2017, at 10 a.m. at the Everett M. Dirksen United States Courthouse for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 219 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, Illinois.

If you have any questions,

Visit: www.collegeathleteconcussionsettlement.com;
    Call: 1-877-209-9898
    Write: In re: NCAA Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation, c/o Gilardi & Co. LLC, PO Box 43414, Providence, RI 02940-3414

I received this since I played football in Illinois

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213