English Español
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Readers Predictions for Cotto vs Alvarez

Readers Predictions for Cotto vs Alvarez

Seems to me that we need a good old fashioned TSS Readers predict the outcome of the fight page/thread so lets get it started. Get your picks in here before the card kicks off.
    Cotto and Roach are smart enough to know that the WBC wants the redhead to win for a variety of reasons. Canelo has a bright future and Cotto has one foot out the door. Translation, Canelo will bring in more money for the WBC, not to mention Cotto refused to pay the fees so the 'BC stripped him.
    If the fight goes to the cards Canelo wins. He is Oscar's new Golden Boy.
    I feel Cotto has to get inside as soon as possible and do damage. I predict Cotto drops Alvarez for the full count on a left hook to the body in the middle rounds. Cotto by KO in 6.
    What do you think TSS?

Advanced Users

Re: Readers Predictions for Cotto vs Alvarez

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Seems to me that we need a good old fashioned TSS Readers predict the outcome of the fight page/thread so lets get it started. Get your picks in here before the card kicks off.
    Cotto and Roach are smart enough to know that the WBC wants the redhead to win for a variety of reasons. Canelo has a bright future and Cotto has one foot out the door. Translation, Canelo will bring in more money for the WBC, not to mention Cotto refused to pay the fees so the 'BC stripped him.
    If the fight goes to the cards Canelo wins. He is Oscar's new Golden Boy.
    I feel Cotto has to get inside as soon as possible and do damage. I predict Cotto drops Alvarez for the full count on a left hook to the body in the middle rounds. Cotto by KO in 6.
    What do you think TSS?
    DANG! Whadup, tR?

WOW! You are back ROASTIN!'

I'm picking Mi-Co by stoppage with Canelo quitting on the stool going into the 10th.

Mi-Co is going to slice and dice the gingerboy who will need a lot of ice. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 11-21-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    DANG! Whadup, tR?

WOW! You are back ROASTIN!'

I'm picking Mi-Co by stoppage with Canelo quitting on the stool going into the 10.

Mi-Co is going to slice and dice the gingerboy who will need a lot of ice. Holla!
    What up to you RG, the Roast returns on the eve of this Hardcore Superfight to provide direction to this rudderless ship we call TSS.
    I think Canelo is more hype than great fighter. He is good but not that good. Cotto is small but a natural born heavy handed fighter. When he lands he does damage.
    I'm reading a lot of opinions that say Cotto will box and move. I disagree. Close rounds will go to the Redhead and the WBC. Cotto has to seek and destroy. A Hagler Hearns shootout could be what we see.

Im going to pick the under of 11 1/2. The winner? Canelo.

Quote Originally Posted by miguel1 View Post
    Im going to pick the under of 11 1/2. The winner? Canelo.
    I would also pick the under if I was a gambling man Miguel1. No way it goes the distance. If you need a place to stay there in Costa Rica give Dino a call. I hear he has a sweeping estate.

Cotto deserves a ton of props, but I believe his last three fights don't mean much. He'll have to fight a safety first style which I don't see working against an "A" list fighter like Canelo. The Cotto I saw in Margarito II gets stopped in round 8 or 9.

Advanced Users

Canelo is drained. He looked like a bag of bones on that scale.

By fight time, he will be all puffed up from liquids and carbohydrates. To the torso, he will not be able to handle Mi-Co's hook to the liver. And he will not be able to see or handle Mi-Co's check hook to the jaw or any temple shots near that red rug.

Canelo is going to be KTFO and need a hug. Hehe! Holla!

I see Cotto using movement early and having success in the first few rounds. Its no secret that Canelo has issues with fighters that use movement and Freddie Roach will have Cotto moving in and out ripping combinations. Cotto will look good early and have many thinking he is in control of the fight.

However, I see Canelo coming on strong in the 2nd half of the fight. He is younger, bigger and has not been through the wars that Cotto has inside the ring. I don't see Cotto being able to sustain constant movement for the duration of the fight that he needs to do to beat Canelo. I see Cotto slowing and Canelo banging the body which takes more out of Cotto as the fight progresses. Cotto slows down, stands in front of Canelo more and starts to get worn down.

I think we enter the 10th round with Cotto up slightly on the cards due to early success but Canelo starts getting to him more and more. Cotto starts taking more and more punishment and eventually the referee jumps in to save Cotto from himself. Canelo TKO 10 in a thriller.

By the way, as good as this fight will be the undercard fight between Miura and Vargas may provide even more action. And right now Vargas is favored which absolutely shocks me. A lot of people will be betting on the Canelo-Cotto fight but the fight to make money on is Miura-Vargas. Miura is a talented fighter who is more experienced and peaking while Vargas has never been in the ring with anyone near the skills of Miura. Vargas will be a solid pro and put up a good effort in a high contact fight but Miura is going to shine tonight with an impressive performance that has HBO wanting to bring him back in 2016. And if you are in Vegas, jump all over Miura tonight at those odds.

Administrator

I don't care if Canelo wins this fight in the shortest amount of time in fistic history, this is a bad line. No way in the world is this a 3-1 fight.

Freddie Roach could be the determining factor.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    I don't care if Canelo wins this fight in the shortest amount of time in fistic history, this is a bad line. No way in the world is this a 3-1 fight.

Freddie Roach could be the determining factor.
    I agree the odds are bad. There is no way regardless of who you think will win that this should be 3-1 in any direction.

The odds are actually much worse in my opinion for Miura-Vargas. Miura is actually listed as an underdog which is unreal. There is some serious value here for Miura who is an excellent fighter and is getting shafted for whatever by oddsmakers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast