English Español
Advertisement

Thread: JMM turns 41

JMM turns 41

Dinamita turns 41 today. What a career he's had so far. His last 5 fights include Alvarado, Bradley, and Pacquiao. For a 41 year old pugilist that's not too bad is it? A brilliant boxer, the heart and dogged determination that does his Mexicans proud, but he also possesses the intelligence that makes him surely one of the best Mexican fighters of all time.

I know many of you have vast libraries of fights, but for those of you that may not here is Marquez Pacquiao I, in honour of the pugilist on his birthday. A spectacular fight that never gets old.. Enjoy.

http://www.allthebestfights.com/pacq...eo-pelea-2004/
    Last edited by Skibbz; 08-23-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Re: JMM turns 41

Definitely worth to be honoured.

I think the Famous Fight Four - among others - showed the greatness of Dinamita. As Pacquiao turned out to be what many no longer thought he was - a formidable force to be reckoned with - Marquez knew two things. 1. Pacquiao would open up in his eagerness to take him out. 2. Marquez had to let him keep trying to take him out, in order to - if possible - get an opportunity to punish him.

We know how it ended, but it cost him tremendously in sheer pain. And that says it all, really - about his ability to pay the necessary prize, but equally much about his ability to despite immense pressure continue to analyze, adjust and act on what is happening, as it happens. That, in my opinion, is what sets him apart from his younger - but since long faded - countrymen Barrera and Morales.

Great to watch it again. But it made me thirst for the others, so, today, I watched 'em all.

It's hard to give a boxing junkie just a taste of what was a tremendous series. I had to have 'em all.

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Great to watch it again. But it made me thirst for the others, so, today, I watched 'em all.

It's hard to give a boxing junkie just a taste of what was a tremendous series. I had to have 'em all.

-Randy G.
    Yup! He can start a series with Da Manny and the two-year-old fallen Angel Heredia's Frankensteinized on-dat-syet Hulkquez. Da Manny will kick Hulkquez's arse next time.

And 41-year-old Marquez knows that his two-year-old, non-drinking-his P¡$$, toddler, alter-self Hulkquez will lose.

And the fight series score will be Da Manny 3-1-1, Marquez 0-2-1, Hulkquez 1-1. Holla!

JMM closer to 31 than 41 with his recent concoctions.

Advanced Users

The score is:

Da Manny against Marquez = 2-0-1.

Hulkquez against Da Manny = 1-0.

Holla!
    -