English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay Z wins Quillin purse bid

Advanced Users

Re: Jay Z wins Quillin purse bid

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    I don't think Jay Z will have anything to do with Al Haymon or Mayweather promotions. Al Haymon tried to defraud Jay Z's wife, Beyoncé .

RN just signed a super baseball prospect, Cuban defector, Rusney Castillo. RN has the top guys from MLB ,NBA, NFL and is trying to get top soccer players also. Besides Floyd ,the stable of fighters at Mayweather Promotions is weak. When Floyd retires in a year or so, Love and Ishe Smith will carry the outfit? Impossible.

Mike Tyson's company ,Iron Mike Promotions, has top blue chip prospects, Erickson Lubin being number one. Tyson has Brooklyn running in his veins as does Jay Z. Their brands compliment each other. I can see Jay Z and Iron Mike co promoting and doing serious business together.
    I'm da shot gunner riding with D2. Mayweather Promotions and tsAH are partners in true crime and dirt. And they have already caused a lot of hurt. Karma and poetic justice are tailing them. The public-shy tsAH and the public-showoff Money May are in a losing war. They won't get far. They are stuck in their own tar. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 08-21-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Advanced Users

This is what da Bobfather thinks about Jay Z and the bid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JcgxCXd-d8. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    This is what da Bobfather thinks about Jay Z and the bid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JcgxCXd-d8. Holla!
    No surprises there. Top Rank lost the promotion to Roc Nation, but wins because their fighter will still be fighting for a title and for a lot more money.

You've got to wonder how many more purse bids Roc Nation is going to go after (Stiverne-Wilder may be heading to purse bid) and in how many of those will he bury the opposition in the amount of the bid?

Also, how active will Roc Nation be in signing available talent?

50 Cent could have had (and still can) tremendous muscle in the boxing biz, as he certainly has the resources. What he needs is the kind of team Jay-Z put together.

I have the feeling that, by this time next year, Roc Nation is going to be among the top five promoters in boxing.

-Randy G.

Administrator

@Randy.

Considering you can't really put a top five together worth their salt, that might be considered a safe bet.

I wonder what kind of money Jay Z will throw at Rigondeaux?

I don't think Jay Z will be sliding down a rope cursing at the boxing fans like 50 cent did, so that is a plus.

Test