English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: BKB fight results

  1. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: BKB fight results

    The NSAC should never have approved that "pit" or whatever they call it--not with that circular curb. I believe the curb/lip is padded, but that will make little difference if a fighter if a fighter falls hard and the curb "karate chops" his neck. There will be injuries and they WILL be serious.

    Perhaps they can remove the curb and paint a circular (choose a color) line around the pit. Then they should have a line judge who is responsible for deducting points any time a fighter steps outside the line. It would be so much better than having to wait until a BKB fighter suffers a debilitating spinal chord injury from landingon the curb.

    I can't believe the NSAC approved that!

    -Randy G.
    Last edited by The Commish; 08-20-2014 at 10:36 PM.

  2. #12

    Re: BKB fight results

    I think they have that idea (circular ring without ropes) from Russian Sambo fighting.

  3. #13
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,470

    Re: BKB fight results

    Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    I think they have that idea (circular ring without ropes) from Russian Sambo fighting.
    It is just a throwback to the origin of boxing which started in ancient Egypt. Those pugs, with white rags wrapped around their hands, fought naked in a pit. Holla!

  4. #14
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,470

    Re: BKB fight results

    The super elites naked-arse pugs of ancient times wrapped "leather thongs," known as "himantes" around their hands and wrists, according to ancient writings and painting found in Egypt, Greece and Rome. Holla!

  5. #15
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,470

    Re: BKB fight results

    Here goes the bout with super-closeup view. Holla at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwtB_faVxE&list=. Holla!

  6. #16
    Advanced Users brownsugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    4,542

    Re: BKB fight results

    Wow. ...a fighter could get some serious leverage by placing their back foot on the " curb " and pushing off while they punch....Or be tripped moving backwards. .....brutal.

    Thanks for the vid Shadow.

  7. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: BKB fight results

    It is gonna' take some time for me to get used to BKB fighting.

    But I will keep an open mind.

    -Randy G.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,311

    Re: BKB fight results

    Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    It is gonna' take some time for me to get used to BKB fighting.

    But I will keep an open mind.

    -Randy G.
    Commish, it has some interesting angles to it.

    Considering the budgets, imagine some MMA guys joining in to take on boxers, playing up that whole "MMA vs. Boxing" narrative that always promises to get ink.

    Or what about some of these matchups:

    Ricardo Mayorga vs. Rosado for the BKB title
    Kimbo Slice vs. Audley Harrison or some other faded heavyweight with a bit of a name
    Kimbo Slice vs. Chael Sonnen
    Tony Thompson vs. Shannon Briggs
    Dereck Chisora vs. Shannon Briggs (after two more defeats, Chisora will likely be their heavyweight poster boy)
    Roy Jones vs. Anderson Silva (holy sh*t!)
    Randall Bailey vs. Jesus Soto-Krash or anyone
    Mike Alvarado vs. Randall Bailey
    Michael Katsidis vs. Juan Diaz
    Jorge Linares vs. Daniel Estrada

    I'm sure either of these can be had for reasonable six-figure sums.

    I would watch this at the edge of my seat with popcorn solidly in tow!

  9. #19
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: BKB fight results

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Commish, it has some interesting angles to it.

    Considering the budgets, imagine some MMA guys joining in to take on boxers, playing up that whole "MMA vs. Boxing" narrative that always promises to get ink.

    Or what about some of these matchups:

    Ricardo Mayorga vs. Rosado for the BKB title
    Kimbo Slice vs. Audley Harrison or some other faded heavyweight with a bit of a name
    Kimbo Slice vs. Chael Sonnen
    Tony Thompson vs. Shannon Briggs
    Dereck Chisora vs. Shannon Briggs (after two more defeats, Chisora will likely be their heavyweight poster boy)
    Roy Jones vs. Anderson Silva (holy sh*t!)
    Randall Bailey vs. Jesus Soto-Krash or anyone
    Mike Alvarado vs. Randall Bailey
    Michael Katsidis vs. Juan Diaz
    Jorge Linares vs. Daniel Estrada

    I'm sure either of these can be had for reasonable six-figure sums.

    I would watch this at the edge of my seat with popcorn solidly in tow!
    Those are some very interesting matchups, Shadow. I am going to send these to Gerry Cooney so we can talk about them on the air on Friday.

    This is the sport I think Shannon Briggs should go to.

    -Randy G.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •