English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kell Brook Dethrones Shawn Porter in California, on Showtime

Re: Kell Brook Dethrones Shawn Porter in California, on Showtime

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I've lossed total respect for Amir Khan. Dude is a pathological liar and full-time phony. He is so full of baloney.

I cannot wait for "Special K" to smoke Amir "Great(less)" Khan. Khan has so much smoke and mirrors and plenty of trap doors. Dude has become delusional and self entitled. And now uses his religion of Islam as the ultimate alibi for every d@mn thing under the sun.

For Special K's first title defense, I hope that Great(less) Khan is number one. Holla!

Its ironic that when Khan was enjoying his new found fame and noteriety after destroying Judah, Brook called out Khan relentlessly for nearly two years and Khan treated him like a beggar on the street. Denying him any hope of a potential fight. Now Khan is calling out Brook.
    But instead of treating Khan the same way...... Brook has indicated he will fight Khan. I'm thinking he'd rather get his payback in front of a live British crowd. That should be a huge fight overseas.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Its ironic that when Khan was enjoying his new found fame and noteriety after destroying Judah, Brook called out Khan relentlessly for nearly two years and Khan treated him like a beggar on the street. Denying him any hope of a potential fight. Now Khan is calling out Brook.
    But instead of treating Khan the same way...... Brook has indicated he will fight Khan. I'm thinking he'd rather get his payback in front of a live British crowd. That should be a huge fight overseas.
    Amir "Great(less)" Khan puts pressure himself with his outrageous lies. He claimed to be sparring with and doing well with Andre "SOG" Ward, when the only Andre that Khan was sparring was injured shoulder Andre Berto. He claimed that he couldn't fight Money May in September because of ending-in-July Ramadan. He claimed to have been next to fight Da Manny in November, but Da Manny got scared and pulled out after he (Khan) beat also-crazy-in-the-head-with-religious-phoniness Luis Collazo.

It is going to be a party-party time when "Special K" gun down Ali Baba -- I mean Great(less) Khan -- and his 40 lies. Holla!

I've lossed total respect for Amir Khan. Dude is a pathological liar and full-time phony. He is so full of baloney.

I cannot wait for "Special K" to smoke Amir "Great(less)" Khan. Khan has so much smoke and mirrors and plenty of trap doors. Dude has become delusional and self entitled. And now uses his religion of Islam as the ultimate alibi for every d@mn thing under the sun.

For Special K's first title defense, I hope that Great(less) Khan is number one. Holla!
    I think Khan's going to fade out, he's become more accustomed to the celebrity status that was handed to him. He thinks he is better than he's shown to be.

Advanced Users

He got both "picked off" and "smothered." His New Jack arse has/had no knowledge of defending against and countering the most beautiful offensive and defensive weapon -- clinching -- in da game. Holla!
    The following old skool trainer in the video clearly demonstrates the counter against clinching/tying up. It is a darn shame that New Jack fighters and trainers, such as "Showtime" Shawn and his pops have never learned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwULXxBjkmk. Holla!

I’m glad Brook won, although I didn’t expect it.

Part of that was not seeing much special in Brook. But then I hadn’t seen too much of him and whenever that’s the case (a fighter’s) power, resolve and timing can be hard to gauge.

James Gogue’s comments are pretty good, but they fall down if your opponent threads his hand under your arm, as then you’re easily toppled sideways – although the referee should prevent major instances of that.

Still, I am sure Gogue has a strategy for that too.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    I’m glad Brook won, although I didn’t expect it.

Part of that was not seeing much special in Brook. But then I hadn’t seen too much of him and whenever that’s the case (a fighter’s) power, resolve and timing can be hard to gauge.

James Gogue’s comments are pretty good, but they fall down if your opponent threads his hand under your arm, as then you’re easily toppled sideways – although the referee should prevent major instances of that.

Still, I am sure Gogue has a strategy for that too.
    An old skool ToTTs shoulder or crown of the dome to da mug will take care of your adversary threading his hands under your arms. I loved opponents who would even try to put their hand under my arms. They would catch my sneak left cross that was taught to me by the late, great WBA heavyweight king Jimmy (Big James) Ellis. Holla!

Omar Figueroa made me shout out loud with his kayo of Estrada. It was a dramatic ending to a beautiful fight as the sun set on the spectators in Carson CA. Like other posters, I couldn't help but think back to the previous weekend at Barclays, and I wondered aloud whether the West Coast is the place for boxing these days. I'll tell you one thing: more boxing should be held out of doors. Let man meet man in the elements, and let the spectators brave rain or cold like a vow to the sport and homage to the champions of the ring.

And Figueroa is a champion deserving of homage. I thought his corner might advise the doctor to stop the fight on account of the cut and go to the cards, where I had him winning. Maybe they kenned Estrada was fatigued into a state of vacancy (I for one had no idea) or maybe they obeyed an old-school streak, but they emerged looking just and wise as Figueroa did just what he had to do: the impossible. I didn't think he could put Estrada down. The challenger had never been kayoed and demonstrated an adamantine chin throughout the contest, but Omar Figueroa did what only champions can do, and set himself apart from the rest of us again. He needs to improve his defense just as others here have observed: he deserves a long career and it's up to him to preserve it. He's one heck of a fighter, and I won't miss his next bout. Here's hoping for more (many more) ahead.

Advanced Users

D-riders for Juan Manuel Marquez are already calling out "Special K."

They ought to STFU, because Special K will ramroded JMM. And If Hulkquez shows up, Special K will beat the roid zits and pimples off his arse, bust up his mug, break his nose and a few ribs and whup his full-of-dat-syet arse. Holla!

The following old skool trainer in the video clearly demonstrates the counter against clinching/tying up. It is a darn shame that New Jack fighters and trainers, such as "Showtime" Shawn and his pops have never learned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwULXxBjkmk. Holla!
    Thanks for posting that vid Radam

I finally got to see the Porter-Brook fight and it was close. Porter is a strong, aggressive, quick fighter. I had heard of Brook before but never seen him box. Kell Brook is good and he displayed alot of patience and skill while connecting in his target shots. He did blend in his holding, but he made up for that with his precision shots. The fight was close and l'd like to see a rematch. Shawn Porter will be back.ln the meantime, l like to see that fight between Keith Thurman and Kell Brook, Thurman will take care of Brook!