English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilder beats Jason Gavern rd 4

Wilder beats Jason Gavern rd 4

And should not be allowed to fight for any belt after this performance . Just saw a YouTube upload and it's not pretty. Larry Holmes might make a comeback after seeing this.It's good to stay busy but not a good look by Wilder. I just went to replay it and it's gone already . Al Haymon is on the scene erasing all evidence.It should be available soon by someone out there.

Advanced Users

Re: Wilder beats Jason Gavern rd 4

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    And should not be allowed to fight for any belt after this performance . Just saw a YouTube upload and it's not pretty. Larry Holmes might make a comeback after seeing this.It's good to stay busy but not a good look by Wilder. I just went to replay it and it's gone already . Al Haymon is on the scene erasing all evidence.It should be available soon by someone out there.
    Hehehe! I'm not feeling D'Wild. He keep abusing cold bodies. Danggit! A pro all this time, and he has yet to dance with a mild-warm pug with a light heartbeat. Cadavers! That sucka loves to eat. Holla!

His 32nd fight is against a guy with 6 days notice who is a full time landscaper and business owner.

nice job TSAH

I watched the fight on Showtime Extreme. This was truly a no-win situation for Wilder. A KO 1 or KO 2 would have had the skeptics saying, "No big deal, he beat up a professional opponent." A later KO in a tough fight would have brought out even more critics. A decision, even a shutout decision, would have had critics asking, "That's all he could do? Couldn't stop Gavern?" Of course, a loss to Gavern would have been career-shattering.

Wilder did what he had to do. He stayed calm, kept his distance and used his jab. He wasn't gonna' get careless and walk into a shot or an elbow or get head-butted, so he picked his shots and did what was expected of him--he stopped Gavern.

Deontay Wilder is an athlete. He will now get ready to officially open his first fulltime training camp as the challenger to World Heavyweight Champion Bermane Stiverne.

Full scale negotiations will begin on Monday. I expect this to go to a purse bid, with Stiverne's Canadian promoter, Camille Estephan, to win the bid, and take the fight to Canada in November.

I have been on the Deontay Wilder bandwagon since BEFORE the 2008 Olympics. I pride myself on my loyalty. I'm staying right where I am.

-Randy G.

I had Gavern winning the first round. Wilder was loaded up with the right hand but didn't throw it when there were openings. I think Wilder only threw a few combos in the whole fight. If he doesn't get BS out of there with a right I see him having a long night.

It looked like a glorified sparring session to me and I thought Wilder was carrying Gavern trying to get some rounds in.

Advanced Users

I'm from the hard, hard reality of the old skool. D-Wild STINKS!!! Dude is terrible. When the Haitian Sensation tags him, D-Wild is going to do the "Stinky Leg," the "Funky Chicken" and crumble into sections. Knocked da double fudge out!

I don't believe that he has a chin or a heart. Wait until B-Ware start picking his apart. He's going to be dashing like a bytch. And after being pecked and poked and bombed and nuked so many times, he's going to go down as if he is tripping into a ditch.

He's always claiming that God Has Ordained him to be champ. Maybe this god that he is talking about has a cloud somewhere-over-the rainbow cramp. Or maybe he's in a dark hole of space and time and needs a lamp. Because D-Wild is driving on the wrong ramp.

As I've said umpteen times, the dude is a collector of cadavers. Any mild-warm body would reveal and lick him. And glue his arse on the canvas of dat squared jungle like a 3¢ stamp. Mailed like a letter, to defeat and reality of the actuality, he'll understand better. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 08-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Wilder made a conscious and deliberate effort to extend his opponent into the later rounds.
    It was a mistake for Wilder to modify his style in an effort to extend Gaven.

Wilder is a destroyer... He has not evolved enough to change his style. Any deviation from destroyer mode offsets his whole performance.

Its like play boxing....much harder to be effective without hurting somebody.

Wilder can starch anyone if he gets there first. That's the way he operates..
    I can't guarantee his success however, if the other guy happens to deliver before he does.

That is the problem with the power brokers. If you live by the sword (just power punching) you die by the sword. Wilder needs to get milder and at least think of defense and tinkle with his offense. Stiverne is not going to be his playmate. Wilder isn't the only one God likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I'm from the hard, hard reality of the old skool. D-Wild STINKS!!! Dude is terrible. When the Haitian Sensation tags him, D-Wild is going to do the "Stinky Leg," the "Funky Chicken" and crumble into sections. Knocked da double fudge out!

I don't believe that he has a chin or a heart. Wait until B-Ware start picking his apart. He's going to be dashing like a bytch. And after being pecked and poked and bombed and nuked so many times, he's going to go down as if he is tripping into a ditch.

He's always claiming that God Has Ordained him to be champ. Maybe this god that he is talking about has a cloud somewhere-over-the rainbow cramp. Or maybe he's in a dark hole of space and time and needs a lamp. Because D-Wild is driving on the wrong ramp.

As I've said umpteen times, the dude is a collector of cadavers. Any mild-warm body would reveal and lick him. And glue his arse on the canvas of dat squared jungle like a 3¢ stamp. Mailed like a letter, to defeat and reality of the actuality, he'll understand better. Holla!
    Radam. I am not quite sure how you feel about Wilder. I think you are on the fence with your feelings here/

How do you REALLY feel about him?

-Randy G.