English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Porter: "I don't see anything special in Kell Brooks"

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Shawn Porter: "I don't see anything special in Kell Brooks"

Re: Shawn Porter: "I don't see anything special in Kell Brooks"

That was a fun interview with a fun, lively, spirited and very talented champion. I think Kell Brook is in for his first defeat this Saturday.

After this fight, I am sure we are going to be talking about a $$$May-Shawn Porter fight.

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Wow! Nice interview. "Showtime" is so loosey-goosey and confident -- not ¢o¢k$ure -- that it is scary. He has me believing what he says. And that is difficult as a mutha.

He's come a long ways since his sparring days in the P-Island with Da Manny. Matter of fact, haters are accusing him -- as they did Da Manny -- of being on dat syet. I guess Showtime brought a lot of "A-side meth" back to the U.S. mainland with him.

"Special K" Brook has his work cutout for himself. Holla!

How does anyone not like this kid?

Yeah, Porter is a nice dude. Totally cool. He also made a good point about the talent level. "Not-so-Special K" LOL!

Much like Hagler and Pacquiao, who he mentioned, Porter has a pretty cool special effect of his own: Hitting a mitt blindfolded. That's his secret weapon.

No doubt that will carry him to victory.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 08-14-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yeah, Porter is a nice dude. Totally cool. He also made a good point about the talent level. "Not-so-Special K" LOL!

Much like Hagler and Pacquiao, who he mentioned, Porter has a pretty cool special effect of his own: Hitting a mitt blindfolded. That's his secret weapon.

No doubt that will carry him to victory.
    Hitting stuff blindfolded in training is taking it back to old skool. The old skoolers want/wanted you to know where the target was at all times. And they'd shout that the way to know that is by " Da $MELL" -- an euphemism -- for sensing it "like an ant, roach and/or dog (the most powerful smellers on the planet) can sense and smell of anything." Only an attack coming back could/can distract these heal-seeking/funk-seeking pugs from the target.

By the way, there has been many fighters who fought blind or nearly blinded their whole career. The most well known would be the late, greats Jimmy Ellis, "Smokin'" Joe Frazier and Sam Langford. Big James and Poppa Smoke were legally blind in their left eye. SL was fully blinded in both eyes. Holla!

That's awesome. This should be an interesting matchup. Shawn E. Porter is a cool dude.

I'm still shocked how he was able to just run through Paulie's punches.

Sure, they're not sledgehammer blows from Foreman but as Deepwater said from personal experience, they stun you just enough to keep you honest.

Hey, speaking of old school techniques, you mentioned hitting to the armpits?! What's up with that? How does that work?

I mean, I once saw Kamala on WWF TV lift up an opponent's arm and strike the armpit with his outstretched fingers but I just figured he didn't really know how to inflict punishment. LOL

That said, we would try it on each other and it feels uncomfortable. (And I guess there are a lot of nerves there since it tickles the way it does.)

But please share a bit about that? And is there any "syet" that can cover that weakness?
    Last edited by The Shadow; 08-14-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Porter is an extremely likable person. He has a tremendous personality and represents the sport very well.

We are now only a couple days from the fight. As I have stated before, I think this is Porter's night to shine. I agree with him in that I see nothing special in Brook and don't think myself that Brook is going to provide much resistance. I see Porter breaking him down round by round with his pressure and power shots. And ultimately see a mid to late round stoppage win for Porter in a fight he wins every round until the moment it is stopped.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post

Hey, speaking of old school techniques, you mentioned hitting to the armpits?! What's up with that? How does that work?

I mean, I once saw Kamala on WWF TV lift up an opponent's arm and strike the armpit with his outstretched fingers but I just figured he didn't really know how to inflict punishment. LOL

That said, we would try it on each other and it feels uncomfortable. (And I guess there are a lot of nerves there since it tickles the way it does.)

But please share a bit about that? And is there any "syet" that can cover that weakness?
    You said the key...."there are a lot of nerves there since" one can be tickled to insanity. The second highest point/wiring of the electrical system of the body is highly concetrated in the armpits. And when you can interrupt electricity flow of the body or the planet, you will have a brownout and a quick fade to black. Lights out, BABEEEE!

Getting viciously punched in the right area of the armpit will make you fall and syet your pants/trucks. These New Jack punkedified [$¡¢] pugs and trainers don't know syet about the dangerous spots of getting hit with a near perfect punch. The spots are the back of the head, the temples, the jaws, behind the ears, the left armpit side closest to the heart, the right armpit side leading to the liver, the liver, the solar plexus, the nutsack and the knees.

BTW, 90 percent of the times when boxers literally pooped their trunks, it was because of an armpit shot. The armpit shot turns off all of your electricity to hold your bowels. In other words, the peepee and the do do will cascade like Niagara Falls.

Holla at the old video of Dempsey-Willard Bout. Dempsey hit Willard with some of the most notorious armpit punches of all time. If you have the eyes to know, you can and will see urine and feces all up on da squared jungle canvas. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 08-14-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    You said the key...."there are a lot of nerves there since" one can be tickled to insanity. The second highest point/wiring of the electrical system of the body is highly concetrated in the armpits. And when you can interrupt electricity flow of the body or the planet, you will have a brownout and a quick fade to black. Lights out, BABEEEE!

Getting viciously punched in the right area of the armpit will make you fall and syet your pants/trucks. These New Jack punkedified [$¡¢] pugs and trainers don't know syet about the dangerous spots of getting hit with a near perfect punch. The spots are the back of the head, the temples, the jaws, behind the ears, the left armpit side closest to the heart, the right armpit side leading to the liver, the liver, the solar plexus, the nutsack and the knees.

BTW, 90 percent of the times when boxers literally pooped their trunks, it was because of an armpit shot. The armpit shot turns off all of your electricity to hold your bowels. In other words, the peepee and the do do will cascade like Niagara Falls.

Holla at the old video of Dempsey-Willard Bout. Dempsey hit Willard with some of the most notorious armpit punches of all time. If you have the eyes to know, you can and will see urine and feces all up on da squared jungle canvas. Holla!
    Awesome post! I didn't realize it would make you defecate hahahaha!

Do you have a video?

And by the way, you won't believe who I spoke to today!!!