English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    We've been on top of all of Danny and Papa Garcia rants, Mauricio tweeted Danny swift Garcia on sat Night, MH Quoted "should be ashame of yourself Danny keep wearing that mask" another tweet stolen from the Rocky Movie quote " Danny why don't you try knocking me down MH". kinda of hillarious. Keith (one time) Thurman also got into it with Danny Garcia.
    Yes I saw those and laughed. I especially liked the "try knocking me down" message.

The thing is I like Danny Garcia, well liked. I always thought despite his dad's psychotic actions he was well composed and carried himself well. He is a really good fighter on top of it. I accept his crazy father, at least he brings some excitement and hype, but anytime a deserving fighter is robbed it will cause strain to the fighter who undeservingly wins and keeps those belts. At that point it is up to DG to carry himself with some dignity, and this he has not done by talking like he smoked MH in the first fight. It just looks bad, it's dishonest and clumsy and insulting to the fans who know what really went down.

Despite all this grief DG is now conducting himself with cockiness, classlessly and without humility.

Just like Tim Bradley, it is on him how he now looks.

I think the next solid test he has he loses and then it may be downhill from there on out for him especially if he steps up to the big boys at 147.

This was the type of Fight where the "A" side buys 200 tickets and passes them out to his entire immediate family. ...for once Grandma and the kids get to watch. Even a representative from PETA , GREENPEACE, and the fighters exProbation Officer gets a ticket.

And the A-Side fighter gets to do everything he's not able to do against comparable talent...did you see Lamont doing the Ali Shuffle while throwing Bolo Punches?... He didn't try any of that stuff against Lucas Mattysse.
    Peterson was having an absolute blast out there.

Its been suggested that Garcia should have followed Pacman's humanitarian example by easing off the gas and playing nice with Salka.

A noble concept....and probably a good approach...... but since when does an athlete take it easy on soft competition?. When an NFL football team is routing the competition with a 35 point spread...... its the coaches who intentionally slowdown the offence by swapping out their star players to allow the third and fourth string a chance to play.

An Athlete is a natural born predator and will slaughter lesser competitors with extreme enthusiasm..

I remember when we faced a weaker wrestling team in a dual match during high school. The other team was under-coached, under-funded, and under-motivated. It was rumored that at least one or two of their team members were smoking cigarettes and drinking cheap wine in full view of their coach in the guest locker room.

I was salivating when I saw my frightened chicken chested opponent shaking across the other side of the matt. I lost control at the whiff of fear and weakness and ran across the ring ...snatch my prey in a nonstandard bearhug and slammed him to the mat so hard his whole team stood up and cried foul. I tried to plant that guy like bean sprouts.

The move was illegal but was so spectacular the ref just called the pin ....which happened in the first ten seconds of the match.... As the ref raised my hand I only wish that I could have kissed my bicepts like Garcia as I walked off the mat.
    My opponent who was only half conscious and had to be helped off the mat....poor kid.

Such is the nature of boxing only more brutal

I suspect card was simply created as a Showcase to promote the fighters in the local Venue... While creating interest in the the casual fan ...

Sure you hard core guys know there was only one possible outcome in all three fights. But the casual observer just wants to see a show and on that level it delivered.

It not like this type of thing hasn't happened thousands of times before and will happen again. The losers knew exactly what they were getting into and will die for the chance to do it again.

Give the fighters an easy payday...

Give the fans some action

While marinating the next big event. Didn't say it was right....just business in the world of boxing.

This was the type of Fight where the "A" side buys 200 tickets and passes them out to his entire immediate family. ...for once Grandma and the kids get to watch. Even a representative from PETA , GREENPEACE, and the fighters exProbation Officer gets a ticket.

And the A-Side fighter gets to do everything he's not able to do against comparable talent...did you see Lamont doing the Ali Shuffle while throwing Bolo Punches?... He didn't try any of that stuff against Lucas Mattysse.
    Peterson was having an absolute blast out there.

Its been suggested that Garcia should have followed Pacman's humanitarian example by easing off the gas and playing nice with Salka.

A noble concept....and probably a good approach...... but since when does an athlete take it easy on soft competition?. When an NFL football team is routing the competition with a 35 point spread...... its the coaches who intentionally slowdown the offence by swapping out their star players to allow the third and fourth string a chance to play.

An Athlete is a natural born predator and will slaughter lesser competitors with extreme enthusiasm..

I remember when we faced a weaker wrestling team in a dual match during high school. The other team was under-coached, under-funded, and under-motivated. It was rumored that at least one or two of their team members were smoking cigarettes and drinking cheap wine in full view of their coach in the guest locker room.

I was salivating when I saw my frightened chicken chested opponent shaking across the other side of the matt. I lost control at the whiff of fear and weakness and ran across the ring ...snatch my prey in a nonstandard bearhug and slammed him to the mat so hard his whole team stood up and cried foul. I tried to plant that guy like bean sprouts.

The move was illegal but was so spectacular the ref just called the pin ....which happened in the first ten seconds of the match.... As the ref raised my hand I only wish that I could have kissed my bicepts like Garcia as I walked off the mat.
    My opponent who was only half conscious and had to be helped off the mat....poor kid.

Such is the nature of boxing only more brutal

I suspect card was simply created as a Showcase to promote the fighters in the local Venue... While creating interest in the the casual fan ...

Sure you hard core guys know there was only one possible outcome in all three fights. But the casual observer just wants to see a show and on that level it delivered.

It not like this type of thing hasn't happened thousands of times before and will happen again. The losers knew exactly what they were getting into and will die for the chance to do it again.

Give the fighters an easy payday...

Give the fans some action

While marinating the next big event. Didn't say it was right....just business in the world of boxing.

This fight card was the first of its kind because my hospital got a bunch of tickets on the arm. Human resources sent out an email saying that that a handful of tickets is available for free ,first come first serve. I called in on Friday and asked the receptionist if any tickets were left, she said no one took up the offer. Absolutely no demand for this card. You won't see this with Hopkins v Kovalev. I would like to see the gate on this card. Dibella, Joe and sal m are shaking their heads at why the undercard wasn't stacked at least. Roy Jones at least played a game of basketball before fighting that Lucas guy.
    If Garcia fought a guy in the top 20 at his weight it might have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    This fight card was the first of its kind because my hospital got a bunch of tickets on the arm. Human resources sent out an email saying that that a handful of tickets is available for free ,first come first serve. I called in on Friday and asked the receptionist if any tickets were left, she said no one took up the offer. Absolutely no demand for this card. You won't see this with Hopkins v Kovalev. I would like to see the gate on this card. Dibella, Joe and sal m are shaking their heads at why the undercard wasn't stacked at least. Roy Jones at least played a game of basketball before fighting that Lucas guy.
    If Garcia fought a guy in the top 20 at his weight it might have been different.
    I agree no demand whatsoever.
    Still 7000 poured in to watch the mismatches for whatever reason.
    Plus Jacobs is always a huge human interest story.
    What I wouldn't give to see any live fights in my home town.
    And im not talking about MMA.

These fights killed Robin Williams.

Advanced Users

May Robin Williams keep 'em laughing in the next life. His comedy lives on in this life. Condolences to his fam. Holla!

Agreed B-Sug; Garcia had to do what he did to Salka to erase the memory of Herrara from our minds.