English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    559

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Garcia is riding a wave. He is a B fighter at best, with an A killer instinct and heart. But he got beaten cleanly by Herrera, and every big left hook he has thrown, including the one that decapitated Salka, has been a Hail Mary with Garcia looking down and away....he will be beaten up soon, but he will show cojones while it happens.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    The advisers, managers, promoters and network that staged the Garcia-Salka fight, in doing so, committed a tortious act against the paying boxing fans and all those who paid to watch the fight and may be held civilly and criminally liable for the said tort. A resident of the US or a public interest group in the US must file a class action suit against all of them to recover compensatory, moral and punitive damages against all of them for the tort which was committed and for such similar torts that may be committed in the future. This is the best way to stop the foolishness going on in the sports of boxing.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by mortcola View Post
    Garcia is riding a wave. He is a B fighter at best, with an A killer instinct and heart. But he got beaten cleanly by Herrera, and every big left hook he has thrown, including the one that decapitated Salka, has been a Hail Mary with Garcia looking down and away....he will be beaten up soon, but he will show cojones while it happens.
    Let's see what happens at 147. How durable do you think he is? He withstood the speed and accuracy of Amir, took punishment from Lucas and elbowed his way to victory but I don't recall him going down in the pro's.

    His problem as you pointed out is that the better boxers will see his intentions from a mile away. Herrera showed that and I'm sure that the better opposition at 147 will show it too.

  4. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Danny had best stay at 147. The top option for him is a lucrative unification fight against Lamont Peterson.

    As for the mismatch we saw on Saturday, I was praying Salka would stay down after the second knockdown. However, he is a very game young man, and arose for the execution. Asd he did, I was hoping ref Steve Willis would wave it off, but he didn't. When he didn't, you knew what was coming.

    It was not pretty. I echo oubobcat, who, in an earlier post, said he felt uncomfortable watching that. I was hoping Garcia would graze Salka with the hook, or pull it, but such was not the case. The finiishing blow landed hard and with a thud heard several rows back. It was sickening. It was frightening.

    The match was pathetic. It should not ever have been made.

    -Randy G.

  5. #15
    Advanced Users brownsugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    I understand the indignation... And I emphathize with the cries of protest. All justified to some extent.
    But we never heard these complaints before ... At least not with anywhere near the same intensity when Sugar Ray Leonard was beheading the likes of Aldo Gonzalez, Bruce Finch, and Davey Boy Green....or when Tyson ran amok among some of the " lesser qualified" heavy weights.

    Boxing fans just enjoyed watching Tyson knocking guys out.

    I admit ... neither Jacobs, Garcia or Peterson looked as good as Leonard or Tyson did destroying overmatched competition but when did it become "offensive"?

    It was brutal in some cases and beautiful in other cases. Personally I enjoyed the brief action as opposed to having no televised boxing at all.

    Have we become so jaded and intolerant?... or am I too easy to please?
    Last edited by brownsugar; 08-11-2014 at 01:54 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,785

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I understand the indignation... And I emphathize with the cries of protest. All justified to some extent.
    But we never heard these complaints before ... At least not with anywhere near the same intensity when Sugar Ray Leonard was beheading the likes of Aldo Gonzalez, Bruce Finch, and Davey Boy Green....or when Tyson ran amok among some of the " lesser qualified" heavy weights.

    Boxing fans just enjoyed watching Tyson knocking guys out.

    I admit ... neither Jacobs, Garcia or Peterson looked as good as Leonard or Tyson did destroying overmatched competition but when did it become "offensive"?

    It was brutal in some cases and beautiful in other cases. Personally I enjoyed the brief action as opposed to having no televised boxing at all.

    Have we become so jaded and intolerant?... or am I too easy to please?
    And that is the question. When does the excitement and fun of watching our beloved sport with enjoyable knockouts cross the line of putting a beating on a guy who should have never been in there to begin with?

    The fact that the majority commenting on the concern and discontent of this bout shows there was problem. The problem, a young kid, over his head, overwhelmed in every department had his health in jeopardy from before the bell rang.

    A few minutes into the action and I along with many others sat uncomfortably with a sickening in my stomach as I watched Salka get battered. And what did Garcia do? He hammered him out of there as best he could. It makes me think of Pac, the complete opposite looking at the ref to stop the fight, pulling punches out of concern for his beaten opponents. Of course Pac never entered the ring wearing a mask or Kissing his biceps like a tool as he was announced. Danny Garcia I will now be rooting to see you get put down in embarrassing fashion.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,785

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Let's see what happens at 147. How durable do you think he is? He withstood the speed and accuracy of Amir, took punishment from Lucas and elbowed his way to victory but I don't recall him going down in the pro's.

    His problem as you pointed out is that the better boxers will see his intentions from a mile away. Herrera showed that and I'm sure that the better opposition at 147 will show it too.
    Khan was putting it on him until being caught.

    Even though it seems Danny has had some breaks, (the khan hook while not even looking, the elbow to LM), he has gotten it done one way or another, besides the LOSS he really took from Herrera.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    330

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    And that is the question. When does the excitement and fun of watching our beloved sport with enjoyable knockouts cross the line of putting a beating on a guy who should have never been in there to begin with?

    The fact that the majority commenting on the concern and discontent of this bout shows there was problem. The problem, a young kid, over his head, overwhelmed in every department had his health in jeopardy from before the bell rang.

    A few minutes into the action and I along with many others sat uncomfortably with a sickening in my stomach as I watched Salka get battered. And what did Garcia do? He hammered him out of there as best he could. It makes me think of Pac, the complete opposite looking at the ref to stop the fight, pulling punches out of concern for his beaten opponents. Of course Pac never entered the ring wearing a mask or Kissing his biceps like a tool as he was announced. Danny Garcia I will now be rooting to see you get put down in embarrassing fashion.
    Amay, Danny was a very likeable guy up until MH fight, Now it seems over the media/Social Media, he is on everybody crap list, if he had a chip on his shoulder, now he is carrying more weight. He blames management for picking his last fight, but he is the ultimate facing the critics, not Haymon. I don't know how good of marketing it is, having one opponent overwhelmly match on paper and reality come true reaching fight time, Danny just pretty much beat the crap out of hopeless Salka.The Garcia/Salka fight its different as to somebody else has been flatten ala Spinks/Duran/ Mares/ Manny, and the the list goes on, in all those other fight I mention, the boxers were evenly matched, somebody just got caught and the fans cheered and everybody was happy. This set up of Salka/Garcia looks more like premedicated beating. I really think Spadafora with his wisdom and expirience would of gave Danny a better fight! Since Danny can't pick his own fights, what does Haymon have for him next? I'd look to see him fight Thurman at 147.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,785

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    Amay, Danny was a very likeable guy up until MH fight, Now it seems over the media/Social Media, he is on everybody crap list, if he had a chip on his shoulder, now he is carrying more weight. He blames management for picking his last fight, but he is the ultimate facing the critics, not Haymon. I don't know how good of marketing it is, having one opponent overwhelmly match on paper and reality come true reaching fight time, Danny just pretty much beat the crap out of hopeless Salka.The Garcia/Salka fight its different as to somebody else has been flatten ala Spinks/Duran/ Mares/ Manny, and the the list goes on, in all those other fight I mention, the boxers were evenly matched, somebody just got caught and the fans cheered and everybody was happy. This set up of Salka/Garcia looks more like premedicated beating. I really think Spadafora with his wisdom and expirience would of gave Danny a better fight! Since Danny can't pick his own fights, what does Haymon have for him next? I'd look to see him fight Thurman at 147.
    Agreed. DG's mouth is causing his own troubles. In an interview he was asked about the MH close bout where most though MH won, DG responded with a chip on his shoulder stating if MH wanted it again he would give "it" to him again. HUH?? Give him what? You never gave him anything in the first bout, MH boxed those titles off of him and got robbed for it.

    It is this nonsense, ala Tim Bradley, where a fighter begins to talk nonsense and insult the fans where he starts to really lose popularity among us.

    And btw, kissing your biceps while you are being announced is Adrian Broner territory!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    330

    Re: Danny Garcia Destroys Rod Salka in Mismatch of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Agreed. DG's mouth is causing his own troubles. In an interview he was asked about the MH close bout where most though MH won, DG responded with a chip on his shoulder stating if MH wanted it again he would give "it" to him again. HUH?? Give him what? You never gave him anything in the first bout, MH boxed those titles off of him and got robbed for it.

    It is this nonsense, ala Tim Bradley, where a fighter begins to talk nonsense and insult the fans where he starts to really lose popularity among us.

    And btw, kissing your biceps while you are being announced is Adrian Broner territory!
    We've been on top of all of Danny and Papa Garcia rants, Mauricio tweeted Danny swift Garcia on sat Night, MH Quoted "should be ashame of yourself Danny keep wearing that mask" another tweet stolen from the Rocky Movie quote " Danny why don't you try knocking me down MH". kinda of hillarious. Keith (one time) Thurman also got into it with Danny Garcia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •