English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Card at Barclay's

Re: The Card at Barclay's

Judges had Peterson winning every round of the fight. It was a dreadful mismatch!

-Randy G.

And speaking of mismatches, he we go, with a fight which nobody gives Rod Salka the remotest chance of winning.

Rod Salka out to quiet applause...I guess fand feel bad, like they are watching a Dead Man Walking!

Danny Garcia out...looks sooooo much bigger!

Ref: Steve Willis

Round 1--Salks out moving as DG pumps jab...Salka moves and puts out "keep away" jab all round...DG tried a few power shots which fall short...DG lands right to cheek which draws "ooohs" from crowd...They box and move until bell

Round 2--Right nails & hurts Salka...staggers...Down from combo...up...wobbly...blasted...down again...Willis counts..Salka up...let's it continue...I hope he stops it...this kid gonna' go...

BOOM! OUT...HOOK!

Geez, wish he stopped it after the second knockdown.

I am bailing out and signing off until later. Oh, just saw that final hook. Awful!

-Randy G

Just watched it on DVR .
    First of all good for D. Jacobs.
    Second of all Peterson is hard to watch and is as exciting as paint drying.
    Santana was a better drug importer than boxer. And he got caught so it is what it is.
    The main event was a farce.
    Sam Watson's ugly pink shirt had a better chance at winning than poor rod sanka.
    This card did nothing good for boxing .
    Congrats Danny Jacobs ,that was the only decent thing about this card. Embarrassing for all involved.
    Espinoza should be fired for this. Friday night fights the other night was better when the Chinese heavyweight won by dive . I have to take a shower after watching this. Poor commish has to take that lirr train ride home after nothing good except Jacobs. It was worse than I imagined.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Been doing tons of radio interviews while the undercard is going on. Caught most of the 10-rounder between undeafted Sadam Ali and Jeremy Bryan. What a shocker, as Bryan dropped the previously unbeaten Ali and went on to win a split decision. Two of the cards read 96-93 for Bryan, while the other card was the same score for Ali. Bryan is now 18-3, while Ali drops to 19-1.
    Sadam Ali was given the decision. He's still undefeated, but tested. And flunked. Holla!

Danny needs to man up

After fast forwarding past the Broner interview I assumed I had missed the rottenness of the evening. Hideous main event. One of the worst mismatches I have seen in awhile. It should be illegal to put someone with Salka's very limited skill in with a Danny Garcia calibre fighter. The whole night was a farce save for Danny Jacobs.

uneventful night; bring on next week !!!

OMG I was in the back doing interviews up until the Danny Jacobs fight started. I watched only part of the round Ali was staggered. When I heard "split decision," I was still doing the interview. When I heard a guy say, "that was Ali 's first loss," I presumed it was, & sent it out! OUCH! Sorry! For punishment I now have to watch Klitschko v
    Povetkin 10 times!!!

-Randy G.
    Last edited by The Commish; 08-10-2014 at 01:44 AM.