English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Card at Barclay's

The Card at Barclay's

Been doing tons of radio interviews while the undercard is going on. Caught most of the 10-rounder between undeafted Sadam Ali and Jeremy Bryan. What a shocker, as Bryan dropped the previously unbeaten Ali and went on to win a split decision. Two of the cards read 96-93 for Bryan, while the other card was the same score for Ali. Bryan is now 18-3, while Ali drops to 19-1.

Edit...Edit...Edit...Edit: I had been in the back doing interviews for much of the undercard, including this one. When Sadam got rocked, I think it was the 4th, I heard a guy yell, "Ali is down," and took time out of my interview so we could watch. Later, when I heard "Split decision," I figured he had lost for sure, especially when I heard another guy in the back, who had been watching on a monitor, say, "Well, that's Ali's first loss." I figured he had lost, and then continued with my work. Then I went out to watch the three featured fights. I now have to watch replays of the WladimirKlitschko-Alexander Povetkin fight 10 times as punishment!!!!!! As you know, Ali WON a split decision. He didn't lose. Maybe he should have!

-Randy G.
    Last edited by The Commish; 08-10-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Re: The Card at Barclay's

DANNY JACOBS v JARROD FLETCHER

ROUND 1--There's a case for a 10-7 round. DJ comes out on fire...everything thrown with bad intentions...Domination...a knockdown...moe domination...Fletcher staggered...stumbling...blasted all over...barely survives. How can that merely be a 10-8 round? Not in my book!

Round 2--DJ settles down, as if mot to punch himself out.

Round 3--Both settle into nice boxing...Fletcher may have won it with his pesky and repeated jab.

Round 4--DJ picks up the pace and once again looks a little too powerful for JF.

Round 5--Even up until the 1:40 mark, when JF lands solid jab, then sharp right to head moments later...then a combo to head...DJ not hurt, but seemingly flustered...steps back to gather himself. Near the 2:40 mark, DJ drives a sharp right to the head. From the southpaw position, he unloads on a staggereds JF, backing him to ropes. Then, switching back to righty, he continues assault with both hands. As he starts to fall, ref Michael Griffin waves it off at 2:58.

Danny Jacobs wins the WBA "regular" Middleweight Title.

When asked by interviewer Jim Gray who he wants next, he said, "I want Peter Quiilin.

-Randy G.

As we await Lamont Peterson v Edgar Santana, the "runners" working for Golden Boy are handing out the scorecards for the Jacobs-Fletcher fight. As I mentioned, I had Jacobs 10-7 in that firest round. So did two of the judges, Adalaide Byrd & Glenn Feldman. Judge Nelson Vazquez had that round 10-8.

After 4, Byrd had it 40-34 for Jacobs; Feldman had it the same way, and Vazquez had it 39-36, giving round 2 to Fletcher.

Watch that first round again. It is every bit a 10-7 round.

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Wow! The "World Kid" Sadam Ali got exposed quicker than I though. Every mirage is eventually fixed out. And will be seen for what it is. G-Russ Junebug-like New York got handed his arse.

Where was all his speed? I guess a speed trap in traffic held it from showing up. Holla!

I had been doing a round by round of Lamont Peterson v Edgar Santana, and my computer just blinked and I lost it all.

We are in round 8 of a one-sided fight, all for Petrerson. His body shots have been wicked. ES looks top have nothing...he is throwing spitballs ata battleship.

I will send each round, so I do not lose any more.

-Randy G.

Peterson-Santana

Round 9--LP toying with ES...ES has zippo on his punches...Either he takes one helluva shot or LP can't punch, because LP nailing him with everything...and often!

-Randy G.

Round 10--Being fought from the start in close...tight...LP ripping uppercuts and hooks...WTF is keeping ES up??? LRLRLRR to head by LP...Pete Santiago stops it! Finally!

I can't believe many in the crowd are booing.

ES took a leather shampoo in there and people are booing! You have got to be kidding!

There had to be around 10 blows in that final sequence!

-Randy G.

That was 2:48 of Round 10

-Randy G.

wow ES either has a beard or LP is the anti-Duran
    Last edited by amayseng; 08-09-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Boxing celebs are being introduced...Adrien Broner got biggest boos of the night!

-Randy G.