English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Tss broke the record!!!!

Tss broke the record!!!!

At the beginning of the year, the number of active users on the forum board was a healthy percentage below the all-time high, which happened last May.

Since introducing the TSS Universe forum contest, the number of active users has been rising steadily -- slowly but surely -- and today, right now!, we have just set the record for most users in this Universe!

Adding to that is the influx of new exciting posters along with the culture bearers who continue to participate in the most interesting, knowledgeable and fun discussions out there on the web.

It's almost more than a boxing forum; it's like a boxing social network.

Give yourself a round of applause for sharing amazing content that -- to quote the maniacal El Dude -- leave the people "yearning for more."

CONGRATS!

Re: Tss broke the record!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    At the beginning of the year, the number of active users on the forum board was a healthy percentage below the all-time high, which happened last May.

Since introducing the TSS Universe forum contest, the number of active users has been rising steadily -- slowly but surely -- and today, right now!, we have just set the record for most users in this Universe!

Adding to that is the influx of new exciting posters along with the culture bearers who continue to participate in the most interesting, knowledgeable and fun discussions out there on the web.

It's almost more than a boxing forum; it's like a boxing social network.

Give yourself a round of applause for sharing amazing content that -- to quote the maniacal El Dude -- leave the people "yearning for more."

CONGRATS!
    To keep El Dude in our thoughts, there's prize moolah here. So, to quote the Dudester, don't just read these posts. Reply! Get in it to win it!

-Randy G

I understand the mechanics and dynamics of the internet - and thus the need for a certain number of users - but, other than that, is it really something to yearn for, in itself? I mean, really?

With every Shadow there's a Dude, with every Skibbz there's a 123d--khead456...and for every quality post, there's a dozen I-got-to-post-so-I-can-win-posts.

Don't wanna come off as grumpy, but I do miss some of that exclusive feeling. Well well...I guess its like when I heard Metallica in '83 and told a friend: "We can be certain of one thing. This band will never be mainstream." Ha! Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I understand the mechanics and dynamics of the internet - and thus the need for a certain number of users - but, other than that, is it really something to yearn for, in itself? I mean, really?

With every Shadow there's a Dude, with every Skibbz there's a 123d--khead456...and for every quality post, there's a dozen I-got-to-post-so-I-can-win-posts.

Don't wanna come off as grumpy, but I do miss some of that exclusive feeling. Well well...I guess its like when I heard Metallica in '83 and told a friend: "We can be certain of one thing. This band will never be mainstream." Ha! Sure.
    I feel the same way, Grimm. But at the same time, I understand the need for it and I'm happy for the crew that their investment has yielded a tangible metric to justify the unique contest.

I'm sitting back and reading closely Grimm, and like I said off the bat I am judging for quality over quantity.. There is however a lot of quality guys on here.

I feel your sentiment to0 Grimm but if you really look around, there are only about 30-40 guys that post on the regular. There are even fewer with the courage to start a thread. I could be picky in what I read and respond to (hence a post average of less than 1 every two days) but by in large what I see is quality stuff. A safe bet is to read things from everybody who is in this particular thread and add to that about 10 guys that I am sure you could name on your own. If you do that, I bet it will still have that tight knit feeling. They all do some quality stuff.

With me, I am a little out there so you never know what might come from me!!!!!

Also, if you ever think that its not exclusive and still tons of awesome around here, go look at some of the other nutjob boxing forums and sites. I do it on occasion and it gives me a reminder of why I spend my time and energy on this site. Not only do the nutjobs come a dime a dozen but they are just short of being mental wards with tons of members. Even the people that run the sites and write for them are often times very sketchy
    Last edited by The Good Doctor; 08-09-2014 at 04:21 PM.

You all know where I stand on this. Well said Grimm.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    You all know where I stand on this. Well said Grimm.
    I don't see the problem. Isn't everybodee and dey momma being themselves? Holla!