English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Great Fight Last Night Between Monty Meza-Clay and Allan Herrera

Great Fight Last Night Between Monty Meza-Clay and Allan Herrera

Did anyone else watch this fight from yesterday on Fox Sports? I actually woke up early this morning to catch this card in between packing things up and loading up cars. Wow what a fight that should really get some consideration in fight of the year rankings. Both guys were throwing a high volume of punches and landing at very high rates in each round. Herrera went down in the 6th but came back later that round. In the 9th, Herrera (who was down on points) caught Meza-Clay and hurt him bad. He teed off on Clay who was fortunate that the end of the round was near. In the 10th and final round, I thought Clay would just come out to survive being that he barely survived the 9th. But low and behold he came out swinging and ended up landing something like 15 consecutive clean punches to force the referee to stop the fight.

It was a great display of heart and will both fighters. Meza-Clay may have had his hand raised but both fighters were really winners when this was over. I'd much rather watch a fight like this between two guys with fairly equal skill who like to mix it up than say some fights that are shown on premium television networks. This was a real treat to watch and I am glad I was able to find a way to catch it. If you haven't yet viewed this fight, I urge you to do so.

Advanced Users

Re: Great Fight Last Night Between Monty Meza-Clay and Allan Herrera

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Did anyone else watch this fight from yesterday on Fox Sports? I actually woke up early this morning to catch this card in between packing things up and loading up cars. Wow what a fight that should really get some consideration in fight of the year rankings. Both guys were throwing a high volume of punches and landing at very high rates in each round. Herrera went down in the 6th but came back later that round. In the 9th, Herrera (who was down on points) caught Meza-Clay and hurt him bad. He teed off on Clay who was fortunate that the end of the round was near. In the 10th and final round, I thought Clay would just come out to survive being that he barely survived the 9th. But low and behold he came out swinging and ended up landing something like 15 consecutive clean punches to force the referee to stop the fight.

It was a great display of heart and will both fighters. Meza-Clay may have had his hand raised but both fighters were really winners when this was over. I'd much rather watch a fight like this between two guys with fairly equal skill who like to mix it up than say some fights that are shown on premium television networks. This was a real treat to watch and I am glad I was able to find a way to catch it. If you haven't yet viewed this fight, I urge you to do so.
    Two-foot-tall Meza-Clay is always in what appears to be the scrap of the year, but never get considered. Somebodee and dey sidekick on the selection committees be hatin' on the little man. Holla!