English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truax on Jermain Taylor vs. Sam Solimon

Truax on Jermain Taylor vs. Sam Solimon

If indeed Jermain Taylor scores a title shot against middleweight belt holder Sam Solimon, there will be no shortage of opinion as to whether the ex 160 champ deserves the shot, or, indeed, if he should be boxing.
    We will get deeper into that if Bad Intentions gets the opp, several years after a doc told him not to box anymore, because a brain scan showed a brain bleed. But for now, rumors of the match got me wondering if Taylor would have a chance to beat the Aussie, game but not a technical marvel. I posed the question to Caleb Truax, who fought JT in 2012, almost two years after he suffered brain damage in Germany against Arthur Abraham.
    "I was surprised and dumbfounded when I heard his name brought up for a title shot," Truax said. "I think Solimon beats him easy. I hope JT wins, though, because I might get a shot at the winner!"
    Truax, a Minnesotan, signed with uber advisor Al Haymon in June and that helps his prospects to secure a most meaningful scrap.
    Taylor, 35, is 32-4-1.
    WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ON BOXINGCHANNEL.TV

Advanced Users

Re: Truax on Jermain Taylor vs. Sam Solimon

Quote Originally Posted by The Sweet Science View Post

If indeed Jermain Taylor scores a title shot against middleweight belt holder Sam Solimon, there will be no shortage of opinion as to whether the ex 160 champ deserves the shot, or, indeed, if he should be boxing.
    We will get deeper into that if Bad Intentions gets the opp, several years after a doc told him not to box anymore, because a brain scan showed a brain bleed. But for now, rumors of the match got me wondering if Taylor would have a chance to beat the Aussie, game but not a technical marvel. I posed the question to Caleb Truax, who fought JT in 2012, almost two years after he suffered brain damage in Germany against Arthur Abraham.
    "I was surprised and dumbfounded when I heard his name brought up for a title shot," Truax said. "I think Solimon beats him easy. I hope JT wins, though, because I might get a shot at the winner!"
    Truax, a Minnesotan, signed with uber advisor Al Haymon in June and that helps his prospects to secure a most meaningful scrap.
    Taylor, 35, is 32-4-1.
    WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ON BOXINGCHANNEL.TV
    Danggit! How some pugs will exploit others is a D@MN shame. JT no longer has game. He's brain injuried. And Sam Soliman oughta' quit. Fighting this type of opponent, he's so full of chicken syet. Shame! Shame! Shame! Shame! Soliman should come to Brooklyn and fight healthy soul Danny Jacob. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 08-10-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Man I hope this doesn't happen, Taylor is gonna get seriously hurt if he keeps going

If JT gets this fight, I am going to lose alot of respect for any commission or board that allows this fight to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    If JT gets this fight, I am going to lose alot of respect for any commission or board that allows this fight to take place.
    What about his wife and family? Someone needs to put a stop to it.

Agree with all comments .... They should call this guy Soliman "The Vulture".

No glory in beating Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    What about his wife and family? Someone needs to put a stop to it.
    I agree but I can see the other side. Some people have families that back them no matter the risk or the cost. This would be especially true if he is the breadwinner in his family. Beautiful on one hand because you have people that will always have your back. Deadly on the other because them being mute can let you go down a deadly road.

Advanced Users

It is confirmed now. J-Ta is getting an IBF world title shot against Sam Soliman. OMFG! The IBF is so dang corrupted. Holla!

You know, oddly enough this is a fight Taylor could win. Yes he is a bit shopworn but still possesses some very good skills and maybe good enough to beat Soliman. Taylor's issue will be endurance as always and if can make it through those final few rounds may be able to squeak a decision out.

Wouldn't that be something? If Taylor did pull it off, he'd be in once heck of a position to make some serious money at 160. If, for example, a Canelo-Cotto fight does not come off he could face either of them next year. Or if a fight does come off between the two, he could just sit out and wait for the winner. Or he could hope Al Haymon presents him with a large offer to fight either Jacobs or Quillin. What possibilities for a man who looked to be totally done with the sport after Abraham knocked him out five years ago.