English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garcia Getting 700k to Fight Salka

Garcia Getting 700k to Fight Salka

I just saw the purses posted for the trio of fights and of course the 700k figure for Garcia jumps out. That is the power of Al Haymon for you in a nut shell and why so many fighters love him. And also why they are so quick to thank him in the ring and at press conferences. I mean just think about that payday to fight a lightly regarded foe who can't punch and is moving up in weight in a non-title fight. We should forget the over/under on rounds for this fight and instead go with an over/under on how many times Garcia thanks Al Haymon in his post-fight interview and at the post-fight press conference.

Re: Garcia Getting 700k to Fight Salka

It's not often I'm stunned but I feel I just got hit by a Frazier left to the dome that's left me wide-jawed in disbelief!

$700,000?!

I wonder how many active champions there are right now who will never see even half that amount for a championship fight ? I would guess many champions, especially in the lower weight classes would be overjoyed if they would get $100,000.00 for every title fight they had and some of them if they got that amount just once !

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I wonder how many active champions there are right now who will never see even half that amount for a championship fight ? I would guess many champions, especially in the lower weight classes would be overjoyed if they would get $100,000.00 for every title fight they had and some of them if they got that amount just once !
    How much did Gennady get in his last fight? Mikey G? Bernard? Terence C in his hometown? Santa Cruz and Rigo? I'm sure a few guys on here have the answers.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I just saw the purses posted for the trio of fights and of course the 700k figure for Garcia jumps out. That is the power of Al Haymon for you in a nut shell and why so many fighters love him. And also why they are so quick to thank him in the ring and at press conferences. I mean just think about that payday to fight a lightly regarded foe who can't punch and is moving up in weight in a non-title fight. We should forget the over/under on rounds for this fight and instead go with an over/under on how many times Garcia thanks Al Haymon in his post-fight interview and at the post-fight press conference.
    WOW! You missed this one. "The power of Al Hay*** for you in a nut shell" is a BIG con. Seven hundred grands is chicken change for a pug of Danny Garcia's status in this day and time. The top-gun lightweight over ten years ago was pulling in 800k to 1.2mil for chump fight like this.

TsAH is sneaky and shady with da dough. And you guys just don't know.

At least a con man of 1980$ gave his pugs BIG-BIG purses. He changed the salaries of non heavyweights by being the biggest thief ever. And he did it with government and private bank money. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 08-07-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Is Al Haymon an advisor, a manager or a promoter? What exactly does he do for his percentage? Does he just call Espinoza at Showtime and tell him what fights to put on?

Garcia is getting paid decent money for fighting a set-up,who never fought at the weight, who isn't ranked in the top $75, who is fighting at an extra 2 lb allowance because Garcia can't make the weight class. Garcia should be paying someone to make this setup of a fight.

last week Brandon "bum bum" Rios got paid an incredible 925 K vs Chaves a mere 25 K, Danny making 700 K must be descent, wonder what Salka is making for a short night? Al Haymon has the volume mentally when it come to him making Money.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    last week Brandon "bum bum" Rios got paid an incredible 925 K vs Chaves a mere 25 K, Danny making 700 K must be descent, wonder what Salka is making for a short night? Al Haymon has the volume mentally when it come to him making Money.
    I guess $12,000 + $2000 for the 2 lbs Garcia bought. A few nights at Motel 6, continental breakfast included plus some T shirts from The Barclays at 20% discount. He might even get a watson brother to follow him around free of charge.

Advanced Users

Go to HowStuffWorks to get some clues. And reports of pay and purses are not always actual ones. Danny Garcia's reported 700 grands are being cut in so many ways that he will end with less than 300 grands and will still owe tax and "advisor" and promotion fees. Holla!

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by riverside View Post
    Hehehe! That was cold. Whaddup with dat? "Brandon 'bum bum' Rios! Holla!