English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Froch to hang 'em up?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I have not seen this reported yet. You got the inside scoop?
    There's nothing official yet, both teams are still negotiating.

  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    QUOTE=Radam G;60724]He is going nowhere. He is just having brain farts. And needs to vent a bit. Holla![/QUOTE]

    Exactly. Froch is not hanging his gloves on the wall. You don't walk away after doing what you did in front of 80,000+ fans, and the prospect of more.

    Let him go vacation in Switzerland for a few weeks, then come back refreshed.

    Like RG says, he "needs to vent a bit."

    He vented. He'll rest. He'll fight.

    -Randy G

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,145

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I have not seen this reported yet. You got the inside scoop?
    Yes.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,145

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    Ink ain't dry but 85% there. From what I hear, they're posturing and "permuting."

    All this other stuff about retiring and constantly name dropping two other guys (typical Hearn tactic) are just negotiating ploys to get a bigger piece of domestic PPV.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,045

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Ink ain't dry but 85% there. From what I hear, they're posturing and "permuting."

    All this other stuff about retiring and constantly name dropping two other guys (typical Hearn tactic) are just negotiating ploys to get a bigger piece of domestic PPV.
    They were also 85% done with the Golovkin fight before Chavez ultimately turned Top Rank's offer down. And rumor has it that Top Rank has presented two offers to Chavez much like they did for Golovkin. There is one with a much bigger purse for Chavez that includes a contract extension with Top Rank and one with a smaller purse with no contract extension for Chavez. The same scenario for Golovkin that Chavez did eventually turn down. I hope Chavez can find a way to come to terms as its a very good fight that will produce lots of action. But remain skeptical at this point that he will sign on the dotted line.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,275

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    It actually might be 1/24/15. I would love this fight. Two tough man with great chins battling it out. JC might be 195 lbs when the guys get in the ring. This is a can't miss fight.

    Froch-Chavez Jr. may happen Jan. 24

    July 29, 2014, 9:28 PM ET
    By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com


    A fight between super middleweight titlist Carl Froch and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is back in discussions, but rather than the fall, as originally intended, the new target date is Jan. 24 as an HBO PPV headliner in Las Vegas.

    England's Froch (33-2, 24 KOs) made it clear after his big, eighth-round knockout of George Groves in their May 31 rematch (in front of some 80,000 at Wembley Stadium in London) that he wanted a big fight in Las Vegas, and Chavez fits that bill.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,145

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    They were also 85% done with the Golovkin fight before Chavez ultimately turned Top Rank's offer down. And rumor has it that Top Rank has presented two offers to Chavez much like they did for Golovkin. There is one with a much bigger purse for Chavez that includes a contract extension with Top Rank and one with a smaller purse with no contract extension for Chavez. The same scenario for Golovkin that Chavez did eventually turn down. I hope Chavez can find a way to come to terms as its a very good fight that will produce lots of action. But remain skeptical at this point that he will sign on the dotted line.
    It was actually 100% done, on the GGG side anyway. He had signed it. So you're right but the two situations are different. Last time was a bit unique. The issue that was there the last time has been addressed this time around.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,531

    Re: Froch to hang 'em up?

    Ever notice Chavez Jr is a pain in every aspect when it comes to getting anything done?

    The guy was born with a silver spoon and sure acts like it.

    I say Froch tells him take a hike and take on the winner of Hopkins vs Kovalev.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •