English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Re: Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Sadam Ali blames his poor performance on the fact he was training while, at the same time, fasting for the Muslim holiday of Ramadan,

At the post-fight press conference he said, "I know this is an excuse, but it's true. I was fasting for Ramadan, and I was also training very hard. I was not giving myself near the amount of energy I needed. After three rounds, my legs were gone."

It was in the fourth round that Ali was staggered, and from that point, struggled to keep his unbeaten record intact. Althnough I was there, I did not get to watch the fight, as I was doing interviews in the back for my show. I have since been able to watch the fight on video, and see exactly what Sadam was talking about.

I am absolutely sure Ali will never again schedule a fight that falls during or right after Ramadan.

-Randy G

Advanced Users

Re: Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Sadam Ali blames his poor performance on the fact he was training while, at the same time, fasting for the Muslim holiday of Ramadan,

At the post-fight press conference he said, "I know this is an excuse, but it's true. I was fasting for Ramadan, and I was also training very hard. I was not giving myself near the amount of energy I needed. After three rounds, my legs were gone."

It was in the fourth round that Ali was staggered, and from that point, struggled to keep his unbeaten record intact. Althnough I was there, I did not get to watch the fight, as I was doing interviews in the back for my show. I have since been able to watch the fight on video, and see exactly what Sadam was talking about.

I am absolutely sure Ali will never again schedule a fight that falls during or right after Ramadan?

-Randy G
    Wow! Shame on him. How was he affected by Ramadan? He only shifted the times that he would eat. Ramadan requires fasting during daylight hours or feeding a certain amout of poor if your don't want to fast. Plus Ramadan ended almost a week and a half before he fought. Dude is pulling an Amir Khan -- straight-up lying! Holla!