English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Advanced Users

Re: Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Wow! Y'all know me. I'm down with O-P-P. Sadam Ali is another G-Russ Junebug. They were both on the U.S. Olympic Team of the 08 O-Games with meddling pops. Ali has been fed nothing but tomato cans, marshmallows and cadavers in the pros.

The "World Kid" is still on a pacifer and baby formula in a bottle. He been moved and sadly turtle slow in da game. The sucka has been in da game going on six years and has yet to tangle with a pug in the top 100. WTF! Let's it on! Fight an opponent with mild-warm blood and a light heartbeat. Holla!

Re: Sadam Ali is ready for the next level, on Aug. 9 he faces Jeremy Bryan at Barclays Center

Yeah Ali needs to step it up. Jeremy Bryan is actually a step up from what he's been facing but that is also not saying a lot. Bryan showed a lot of heart in his fight earlier this year in Cleveland against Amir Iman but was eventually blasted out. Ali should also be able to handle Bryan. If he has any issues, then the red flags should be going up on his career.

If successful here, its time next time out for Ali to fight somewhat of a contender. He has the pedigree and its time to either step up or step out. I think someone like Josesito Lopez or Jesus Soto Karass would make a ton of sense at this point in his career. With his background, he should be able to find a way to win against one of those two. They each are dangerous in their own regard but also probably seen their better days. He needs fights he can learn from and also that push him at this point in his career if he is going to advance in this sport.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Yeah Ali needs to step it up. Jeremy Bryan is actually a step up from what he's been facing but that is also not saying a lot. Bryan showed a lot of heart in his fight earlier this year in Cleveland against Amir Iman but was eventually blasted out. Ali should also be able to handle Bryan. If he has any issues, then the red flags should be going up on his career.

If successful here, its time next time out for Ali to fight somewhat of a contender. He has the pedigree and its time to either step up or step out. I think someone like Josesito Lopez or Jesus Soto Karass would make a ton of sense at this point in his career. With his background, he should be able to find a way to win against one of those two. They each are dangerous in their own regard but also probably seen their better days. He needs fights he can learn from and also that push him at this point in his career if he is going to advance in this sport.
    JB was too much of a step up for the hyped-up the "World Kid." Holla!

Advanced Users

Good the "World Kid" was at home. He won't be undefeated if he ever leaves. Holla!

I had the fight a draw (scored the first round even). It really could have gone either way. Ali got the nod but was unimpressive to say the least. If he had this much trouble against Bryan, well he is obviously not ready for that step up I mentioned earlier. Its time to go back to the drawing board.

Funny thing is, this was probably the best fight of the night. Well the Ochoa-Cervantes fight was a pretty good scrap as well. What Showtime really should have done here was air the three mismatches on Showtime Extreme and then run with the Ali-Bryan fight and Ochoa-Cervantes fight on the main network. At least these bouts were competitive and entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post

Ali is walking dangerously close to the career path of Gary Russell Jr. Sadam has fought pretty much 19 punching bags and a C fighter in Jeremy Bryan.

As for fighting Lopez or Soto Karass, I think it is time to take the training wheels off and fight someone with a serious pulse but I would not put him in there with Soto Karass. Soto Karass brings pressure and somewhat of a punch and a ton of experience. I could see that fight turning into an encore of the Karass-Berto fight. If Lopez is on, I think he smokes him too. I would maybe call up Aydin, make him move up in weight, but even that might be dangerous.

Ali should of stepped it up a lot sooner. He had a solid amateur career and has not built on it. Part of his problem was that he was his own promoter until recently . Talk about cherry picking your opponents . Part of bringing up a pro boxer is getting the seasoning and experience. Yes a few bums can be thrown in there at the beginning but the more no hopers you fight the more you do not improve. A fighter needs to push himself in training and he needs to push himself during a fight. He needs to overcome some sort of adversity, adjust to different styles and figure out problems while under pressure.

If I was GBP I would give Ali about 3 fights this year and keep them off TV. Match him tough and let him work through his problems. Because at this point in time he has no chance at winning at the top. The more fans see him struggle against his currant level of opposition ,the less fans he will have.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Ali should of stepped it up a lot sooner. He had a solid amateur career and has not built on it. Part of his problem was that he was his own promoter until recently . Talk about cherry picking your opponents . Part of bringing up a pro boxer is getting the seasoning and experience. Yes a few bums can be thrown in there at the beginning but the more no hopers you fight the more you do not improve. A fighter needs to push himself in training and he needs to push himself during a fight. He needs to overcome some sort of adversity, adjust to different styles and figure out problems while under pressure.

If I was GBP I would give Ali about 3 fights this year and keep them off TV. Match him tough and let him work through his problems. Because at this point in time he has no chance at winning at the top. The more fans see him struggle against his currant level of opposition ,the less fans he will have.
    It will be interesting to see what GBP does next for Ali. He really struggled here against a guy that has been knocked out each time he has stepped up in competition. I thought Bryan may have some success early but that Ali would be able to take over and get rid of him. Obviously, the fight turned into much more a struggle for Ali than anticipated.

GBP could be losing some faith in him and put him in tough next to see how he responds. Or they could take a seat and do as you suggested to take some of the heat of this performance and give him a chance to correct some things.

Interestingly, GBP did this a few years ago with Shawn Porter after his first fight with Julio Diaz. They put him in with an undefeated Phil Lo Greco and basically sent the statement to him to perform or move on. Well Porter performed and we all know the rest...