English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm watching BKB and it's not half bad... Check it out

I'm watching BKB and it's not half bad... Check it out

They got boxers vs boxers, even some fighters from MMA fighting boxers.

Pretty cool production, doesn't look cheesy or amateurish at all. They also give these little brief intros with backstories to introduce the fighter.

There's gonna be an acclimation period, for sure, to get used to the viewing format. But they still box, it's organized and they stop fights.

One guy kept taking shots and wouldn't fall so the ref stopped it. They've tweaked it since but I think the broadcast captures the gist of the format.

Not as barbaric as one might think.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4JyJtfFQG4

Re: I'm watching BKB and it's not half bad... Check it out

I like it better than mma for the fact they wont be laying on eachother boring me to death. I get the whole BJJ think and appreciate the craft, however, most the time its a boring affair for 4 minutes until someone locks something up.

My concern is that these lighter and thinner gloves are gonna lead to tbi's along with more hand problems.

It is just odd not having a ring.

You know, initially I wasn't so sure. But watching the video I think I am at least willing to give this a chance. I'll keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I like it better than mma for the fact they wont be laying on eachother boring me to death. I get the whole BJJ think and appreciate the craft, however, most the time its a boring affair for 4 minutes until someone locks something up.

My concern is that these lighter and thinner gloves are gonna lead to tbi's along with more hand problems.

Check out the Brian Vera video on here and he says that his fight VS Rosado will be with 10oz gloves. Maybe they are trying to not stray too far from boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    Check out the Brian Vera video on here and he says that his fight VS Rosado will be with 10oz gloves. Maybe they are trying to not stray too far from boxing.
    I am glad to hear that.

Are their rules against clinching? The few minutes I watched of two fights I didnt notice a clinch, which is a good thing.

I am glad to hear that.

Are their rules against clinching? The few minutes I watched of two fights I didnt notice a clinch, which is a good thing.
    That was one thing I was concerned about too. Excessive clinching.

I saw the fights, this one dude kept clinching but the ref broke them up QUICKLY! He did that consistently and warned them not to.

I that may be a concern but I'm sure they'll get something in there to dissuade them, such as not bringing excessive clinchers back or taking a point.

And yes, they have normal gloves. And I agree, it's weird without a ring so it takes some getting used to as a spectator. It reminds me a bit of watching NBA stars go 3-on-3 in street ball vs. an organized NBA game with 10 guys in the court.

But I like that they're investing heavily into the format, production wise, and that they're prioritizing safety. It's not just some cheap a** circus sideshow.

I totally agree on all points. I did BJJ myself for a bit and while there's craft and art to it, it is freakin' boring to bear witness to.

Stand and fight! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I totally agree on all points. I did BJJ myself for a bit and while there's craft and art to it, it is freakin' boring to bear witness to.

Stand and fight! Lol
    Yes I have studied it myself and I appreciate the craft, just don't enjoy two novices rolling around aimlessly haha..

Yep stand and fight, I am a boxing guy , always have been, shoot I was born one. ha

Also, 7 (2) minute rounds and I'm guessing that is to speed up the action and have these guys really let their hands go. I can see guys like Rios, R-Bailey, Alfonzo Gomez, Alvarado stepping into something like this if the offer is right.

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    Also, 7 (2) minute rounds and I'm guessing that is to speed up the action and have these guys really let their hands go. I can see guys like Rios, R-Bailey, Alfonzo Gomez, Alvarado stepping into something like this if the offer is right.
    That will definitely speed up the action.

This may become an option for fighters on the lower level or have faded out of the spot light for various reasons.